Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Moderator Manager

The Defenders Episode Discussion {1x06} - Ashes, Ashes

Episode Six - "Ashes, Ashes"

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Reminders:
▸ Be respectful of other posters.
▸ Discussions are encouraged, but let's keep things civil.
▸ No character/actor bashing, including producers, writers, directors, etc.
▸ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here.
▸ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 08-19-2017 at 03:24 PM
Old 08-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Moderator Manager

This episode is one of my favorites.

First off, Alexandra is dead and is killed by Elektra. That makes 2 of them dead and Elektra becomes the big bad now.

I enjoyed the fight scene between Danny & Matt in the beginning but they are right. Instead of wasting time fighting each other, they need to move and look for leads. This doesn't make sense to me yet but they said that Danny is the "key" and they need a lock to open something. Obviously the Hand wants Danny but for what? Although later on, we did see him get captured by Elektra so I guess it's time to rescue him now.

Jessica & Matt go off on their own to investigate that man Jessica has been following since ep 1, the architect. They find some sketches hidden in his piano. Matt mentioned that dark black hole (DD S2) that he & Elektra found. Both Jessica & Matt form a newfound friendship in this ep which was really so nice to see.

This ep also paired off Luke & Danny (whose "friendship" btw, I'm enjoying on the show). Later on, Stick tries to kill Danny. And later on Elektra kills him. Is he really dead for good this time? I feel like in DD S2 he could have died multiple times but he still lives.

Also, that flashback scene with ME legit made me tear up. I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THAT. The Elektra we have right now, that's not her. She's a trained assassin but with only one mission: to kill The Defenders. Alexandra, in the end, trained the perfect weapon.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Moderator Manager

More conflict between them... I sort of like that since they just met each other, there's still a lot of that going on, instead of having them being besties all of a sudden. If I were Danny I would be refusing to accept that too, he was raised believing he was the weapon to take down the Hand, so of course he doesn't want to be in the sidelines hiding when the fight happens.
Now the fight between them was great!! Not that I was happy to see them fighting each other, but very nice moves and they could hold their own with each other.

Nice continuity with that construction hole we saw in DD Although once again Matt wasn't that forthcoming with the true and I like how both Luke and Jessica doesn't just let that pass by.

Elektra remembering Matt and things

LOVE seeing Matt and Jessica working together, and very insightful when she tells the architect's daughter Matt's story, for good detective skills Jess!! And a nice moment between them, I can see them being friends because of the whole lonely act they both got going on.

And I also love Luke/Danny interacting... it's good chemistry there! Luke is totally the voice of reason, very reasonable.

Ohh Stick trying to kill Danny was so bad but I still was sad to see Elektra killing him, specially in front of Matt
also, poor Danny, got kidnapped

I did not expected that ending!!! I can't believe Elektra killed Alexandra like that And now she is in charge
Old 08-23-2017, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That ending was so dang satisfying!
Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Moderator Manager

totally a game changer!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely shook things up
Old 08-24-2017, 01:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
LOVE seeing Matt and Jessica working together, and very insightful when she tells the architect's daughter Matt's story, for good detective skills Jess!! And a nice moment between them, I can see them being friends because of the whole lonely act they both got going on.
I love this part too.

Quote:
Ohh Stick trying to kill Danny was so bad but I still was sad to see Elektra killing him, specially in front of Matt
also, poor Danny, got kidnapped
Matt did warn them about Stick. It's so bizarre how his mind works. He'd rather kill Danny than let The Hand have him.

Quote:
I did not expected that ending!!! I can't believe Elektra killed Alexandra like that And now she is in charge
The minute Alexandra ordered for her to kill Matt, that's when her innermost instincts kicked in and she killed her instead. It was actually a bit scary what she's trying to do with this resurrected Elektra. It's kind of like she's making Elektra into the daughter she lost.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Is it wrong that I sort of crackship Jessica/Matt... not that I want them to be romantically tied, but like, give me more scenes with them in any show and I'll love it

Stick is another character that has been very consistent, he helps out when it's convenient to him, but if necessary he doesn't mind betraying those around him for what he considers the greater good.

yeah, I didn't like the relationship that Alexandra/Elektra had... it was creepy But I didn't expect Elektra to kill her like that It came as a surprise to me
Old 08-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Moderator Manager

HAHA! I think a lot of the fans do like Matt/Jessica, even romantically. They do have a great dynamic on-screen which I enjoyed a lot.

Stick is indeed very consistent. He does pop out of nowhere though which is hilarious but he's like that even on DD too.

And Elektra's personality coupled with training for The Hand just turned her into a really scary assassin too. I'm happy to see Alexandra go (not so happy on the side because it's Sigourney) but she's evil and the baddies should die.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Matt's love life is already sort of full atm But depending on how it was done, I could see that happening and me not being against it... but yeah, the dynamic on-screen and the little moments that they did bond were really great!

Matt knows how fickle he is, so I always like that even though we can see that Matt likes Stick, he never really trusts him