Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Moderator Manager

The Defenders Episode Discussion {1x07} - Fish In The Jailhouse

Episode Seven - "Fish In The Jailhouse"

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Reminders:
▸ Be respectful of other posters.
▸ Discussions are encouraged, but let's keep things civil.
▸ No character/actor bashing, including producers, writers, directors, etc.
▸ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here.
▸ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 08-19-2017 at 03:24 PM
Old 08-21-2017, 01:57 AM
Moderator Manager

It's so great to see the secondary characters all together here but thought it was a filler ep.

Foggy & Karen are both obviously worried for Matt. But his vigilante life & lawyer life is indeed colliding at all corners now. I like that small moment between Foggy & Matt and Foggy bringing his DD costume along. I was wondering how they were going to escape the precinct and was thinking either Luke or Jessica can break down some walls or something so when it happened, I laughed.

Good fight sequence with the 3 Defenders and the Hand. I thought this was the first time we actually see Gao fight right? I was a bit confused that the Hand just disappeared later on. Also, Matt was left to deal with 2 blokes. Luke & Jessica BOTH handled Gao.

I thought the Danny & Elektra scene was also confusing. Eventually Danny did open whatever it was he was meant to be opened. I'll talk more about this dragon skull tunnel in the next ep.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

I like how the beginning it shows Matt, Jessica and Luke all passed out on the floor... it's a very peaceful scene in contrast with their situation

I don't understand why Misty had Jessica cuffed in an interrogation room, while both Matt and Luke were out in rooms in the precinct. I did like that Jessica was worried about the rest of the guys.
And poor Matt, once he wakes up he is disorientated, made sense. And he was so glad that he wasn't wearing the suit I like that Foggy was there waiting for him to wake up and explain things to him. And having Matt realize that Elektra killed Stick was so emotional And no wonder Foggy doesn't like Elektra, he only gets to know all the bad things she has done to Matt.
Both Foggy and Karen are so worried about Matt's identity being revealed, I like that even though they don't agree with his choice, they still worry about him a lot
And how sweet of Foggy to go grab DD's suit for Matt. Family!!
Nobody knows what the Iron Fist is, and it's hilarious all the reactions when that's mentioned.
I like ironic Matt a LOT. When Misty says he's a witness, and he just says, that can describe the sounds... we need more of that!

LOVE Claire and Colleen talking, they're very supportive of each other
And Colleen really knows Danny, knows that he's looking for a family, and that he has found it with them all. They form a great couple because they both want stability.
Go Colleen, stealing explosives from the police and actually planning to go through with the architect's plan... didn't see that coming, but makes total sense that she is willing to take that step too far to end things.

Matt, Luke and Jessica breaking out of the station was so perfect because it wasn't elaborated at all, so fit them and the situation. And of course that scene in the subway, I love it!

The three fighting against the Hand, now that was a HUGE fight!
I LOVE Gao! And the woman has some tricks of her own
Nice to see Danny fighting Elektra too Although it was a bit silly that he knew what she wanted, and yet he used the chi/fist just to be foolish and tricked into hitting exactly where she wanted...

I do wonder why both Luke and Jessica were fighting Gao while DD was fighting that japanese guy and Bakuto at the same time
I am so happy that Colleen showed up and participated on the fight too I wanted to see her fighting alongside the Defenders so bad!

And for Misty finally joining to help them and Claire to join the fight The team is complete
Old 08-23-2017, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't liking Misty a lot up until now.
Now that's she's joined to help them, I'm liking her a bit more

I agree Si, I love ironic Matt

One more ep to go
Old 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I didn't like Misty in LC, but in Defenders I liked her a bit better, and once she really started to help them, then I started to warm up to her

Ironic Matt should be a regular thing
Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It should!
Old 08-24-2017, 02:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Both Foggy and Karen are so worried about Matt's identity being revealed, I like that even though they don't agree with his choice, they still worry about him a lot
And how sweet of Foggy to go grab DD's suit for Matt. Family!!
I love Foggy so much! Except his relationship with Marcie.

Quote:
I like ironic Matt a LOT. When Misty says he's a witness, and he just says, that can describe the sounds... we need more of that!
It's quite realistic. A lot of people on the show forget Matt is blind. Even on DD "Have you seen this?" "Did you read this?"

Quote:
Go Colleen, stealing explosives from the police and actually planning to go through with the architect's plan... didn't see that coming, but makes total sense that she is willing to take that step too far to end things.
I think this is because Danny is in trouble and she will do everything to save him.

Quote:
I am so happy that Colleen showed up and participated on the fight too I wanted to see her fighting alongside the Defenders so bad!
Sneaking out was the only way for Colleen to escape the precinct because Misty was on to her. And the more fight scenes we get of Colleen, the better it is for me.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Foggy is adorable!!! He needs to find a new girlfriend... someone more lovely

I like those quotes, sort of like in the last episode how Jessica asked him if he didn't find all the brown houses the same It's good that he keeps reminding people that he can't see

Now that is a woman that is completely in love She just wants to save Danny and get it all over with, once and for all.

I wanted to see her sharing a scene with the Defenders in general, but mostly with Matt, and I got that in that fight, so I'm beyond satisfied
Old 08-26-2017, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

Right? I think it's Foggy who doesn't forget he's blind but everyone else does.

I've seen a review somewhere that found Colleen's "idea" to be quite far out and that they'd prefer The Defenders to think of a way to save Danny. I looked at it from her POV and if I was in her shoes, I'd do anything to protect the one I love too.

Actually her idea sounds pretty crazy but it works as it will guarantee that whatever The Hand is building at Midland Circle will be destroyed.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Foggy had such a cute and funny smile on his face when Matt said that to Misty

I like Colleen's idea because it would've never come up from one of the Defenders.... even though Matt was on board of it once he knew there wasn't any innocents in the building, I just don't see him saying "hey let's blow up this building and try to end it all".
I do think that the Defenders would have come up with a plan to save Danny, but they weren't really thinking about taking out all of the hand at once, and Colleen knows that as long as they are around, nobody that they care about is going to be safe in the long run. It was a practical idea, that had already been planned by the person that knew that the explosion would for certain bring the whole thing down.