Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Isn't it only the second episode since he left though?
third.

Quote:
Maybe it was the way that Floriana didn't seem to react to Chyler's big confession as strongly as you might think her character would
maggie reacted exactly like she was supposed to. she was being a good listener, understanding and supportive. times like this it is all you ever want from someone else. she tried to give alex a push to say the words and alex just couldn't quite bring herself to do it yet. and maggie understands - she's been there before.

I thought that was easily the best coming out scene I have ever seen on television. and I've been watching TV for three decades and am gay myself. there is absolutely nothing I would change about it. chyler absolutely nailed it and the praise she is getting is much deserved. easily the best actress on the show.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

The conversation between Alex and Maggie felt real. Maggie understands and really wasn't surprised to hear Alex admitting to it, so that's why we didn't see such a strong reaction. And Alex didn't have to say it so obviously for us to know what she meant. It's not always an easy thing to admit to, especially if the thought has never crossed your mind before. Such a personal reveal as well. Special that Maggie was the first to hear it!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Fun episode.

Lena and Lex's mother is the leader of Cadmus?
Old 11-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a nice ending. Leaves us wondering what the heck!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Get in Rocky, we're going watching!
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, boy. It's a new adventure!

Ten minute mark.

- Opening sequence with Kara and Mon-el, with the haircut, the pancakes and the clothes and glasses ( totally hot, by the way ) -- . I'm in fangirl heaven right now.
- Bribing the other assistants (especially Eve) with coffee, telling James that he thought he would be more intimidating as the big boss man, wanting to use his powers to take care of the boring paperwork, answering the phone without picking up the receiver -- can't wait to see more of 'Mike' at CatCo.
- Who were those guys? And how did they get their hands on alien technology that seemed to stun Supergirl? Cadmus, of course! They really are hell-bent on striking fear in the hearts of National City citizens.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Mike of the Interns
Old 12-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Judging by that one interaction with Eve, I bet he charmed the other interns as well...at least that's what I imagine he did. Like I said before, I'm a total stan.

Fifteen minute mark.

- Props to Mon-el for managing to convince Eve to do his work. He didn't want to do it and he was forbidden from using his powers, so he got it done somehow. The man's got style.
- Ooh, my shippy senses are tingling! Alex is definitely smitten with Maggie. I want to see where this goes.
- The baddies-of-the-week have upped their evil intentions. Now their weapons can manipulate gravity? That's...not good.
- Dr. Cadmus (as I like to call her until I learn her name) is scaring the citizens of National City by releasing alien tech into the world, so that she can take over as leader? How is that going to save the world? She's the one causing it to turn upside down in the first place.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeeeeah she's something ain't she...
Old 12-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes, something evil.

Twenty minute mark.

- Aw, it looks like Alex is putting up roadblock with Maggie. What is happening? Why is she pretending that there isn't something there between them?
- Well, phase one of Cadmus' plan seems to be working. The citizens are becoming anti-alien. Most of them support repealing the Alien Amnesty Act.
- Mon-el definitely needs...supervision. Maybe Kara can figure out a way to ease him into living like a human, instead of getting upset that he's messing things up because he's doing things his way.
- I didn't realize I missed seeing James and Winn being bros until it hit me that they hadn't had scenes since season one....which ended five episodes ago. I would have loved it more if James visiting Winn had more to do with seeing him do his thing at the DEO, and less to do with him pumping Winn for possible locations for the gang.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, do miss our trio scenes in there
Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ TPTB took away our trio, but they've given us Winn/Alex.

Thirty minute mark.

- I understood James' motivation to want to help, to be more than just a sidekick, but I agreed with Winn. The way James is going about making it happen is going to get him killed. I hope Winn's words make an impact on James, or at least he realizes that there is another way that he can help.
- Major props to Alex for talking to Kara about Mon-el, how she should just let him find his way, that she shouldn't want or expect him to be just like her.
- The gang is going to get shut down! I can't wait for Supergirl to knock them down.
- Kara and Supergirl are both going to be at Lena's party! How is she going to pull that one off?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Doubtfire that thing!!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Good plan!

Thirty-five minute mark.

- I loved that they came up with Operation Doubtfire to get Kara and Supergirl at the party.
- Mon-el used Eve's credit card to buy his suit. I had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, bad Daxamite! On the other hand, DAMN, HE LOOKED TOTALLY YUM!
- I loved that Lena set the trap for the gang. Supergirl wasn't able to neutralize their weapons, so it was only going to take a scientific genius to bring them down.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blessed Lena... Loved her interaction with Winn
Reply   Post New Thread