Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

This year's finale was better than last season's finale. I'd give it a B/B-.

I would've liked a few more mythological questions answered, and I wish Junior went for the killshot.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree it was marginally better than last year, but still very unsatisfactory.

One assumes the writers/producers have know for some time that the renewal was decided; and I'm just very irritated that they and CBS have been so coy about it.
It feels quite manipulative.

Now the thing I'm most interested to know is where Melanie is going to lead them.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 09-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
Why does this show insist on killing every single female introduced not Julia or Norrie?? I hate it.

RIP Pauline, Rebecca and Andrea

Of course we'd end on a white light! This time out pops Melanie!!

I think I liked it better than last year's finale, but I'm bummed Jarbie are apart and all the women got killed.
I was so, so pissed. I don't care what that woman's flaws were,she deserved better than this.

I thought Sam would die too since it seemed like the original hands were dropping like flies, but Sam could be a stand-in for James.

I'm not that surprised about Andrea,but I care more about Rebecca and Pauline. They died painful deaths and if Rebecca was asked to make Pauline stop suffering,she didn't do anything wrong. That man and his hammer-Thank god Julia stabbed him.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was really hoping to see Big Jim die, I mean be DEAD. I've never really enjoyed hating him, he's too awful for that.

Why would the Dome allow him to live for so long?

Now, I think we can assume he'll live to torment Julia and James further.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know where to put this so mods, please move as you see fit. Mike Vogel Support posted this on Twitter. Bloopers from Season 1 which you may have already seen but it's new to me. Looks hilarious but I'm at work so can't play the sound. Also someone told me how to post links to vids for easy viewing but I can't find it now. Sorry!

Season 1 Bloopers

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 09-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I think some of the episodes this season were better than last, but I still don't think they answered any questions. Which is typical when you watch a show like this I suppose.

There was the whole monarch thing throughout last year, we find out it's Julia in the finale and here we are at the end of the second season still not know wtf being the monarch means.

They bring on Rebecca, who despite imo stupid writing for her character the actress makes us really come to like her. Then they kill her. Why? What was the point of even bringing her on then? Was she even important to the overall arch or did they just want someone to bring on and use and then kill. I had a feeling she may be a goner when they stopped using her as much. It sucks, because the actress was awesome.

Then Pauline, Junior has thought his mom was dead since he was a kid, he finds out she's alive and spends 5 minutes of screen time with her and she dies again. Her main purpose seemed to be to flesh out Melanie's storyline. Sherry Stringfield I love, but the Pauline character should have been so much more.

I just don't see how they can continue with a character as crazy as Big Jim on a weekly series, Dean Norris probably had a blast playing pyscho though I'm sure. He did it well!! .

To sum up, I Jarbie.....
Old 09-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had the feeling it was going to be a very fast episode and couldn't answer any of the mysteries but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel (literally) that we're gonna have season 3.

apart from all dead ends, the scene of Jarbie rescuing that boy, what was the point? see someone else, Tom, died. maybe this boy will take a bigger role in S3?

where's melanie taking them?
a town like Chester's mill, maybe in some other time? (time travel?)
she was all wet, maybe they will come out at the lake.

yes julia and junior are stuck but I think they will find a way to cross to the other side. all those butterflies flying away, maybe they will have some super power and form a bridge for Julia and Junior to cross.

Big Jim UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH I hate him so f much why the Dome keep him alive? UGH

Junior redeemed himself though. I felt terrible for rebecca, I knew she was a goner but no in that way

Jarbie though

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

there, there ..

Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hannah!!! I had that very same thought about the butterflies!! Remember Julia said she had faith that the dome would protect her. I think she's right!!

I remember reading someplace or watching an interview with Rachelle that Zenith would be playing a pivotal part. Now she didn't say another season but it was inferred from that comment. Dang! Wish I remembered where that was.

Poor Junior - his aim should have been truer. Now we have BJ lurking in the background someplace waiting to wreak havoc on someone. Hope he doesn't find a way into the tunnels where Julia & Junior are trapped. That would be bad!!

Funny what Mike tweet about Julia stabbing Jim.

Quote:
@Mike_Vogel
I could think of a better place to put that knife......#UnderTheDome
Tumblr is all upset about Jarbie but I can't find any new crying gifs.

Jarbie just can't catch a break - ir's either a hanging or a shooting or a yogurt search interrupting hot sex and now it's a broken tunnel.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

first all those butterflies outside Julia's house, they all came for her, when she put her hand against the window and then in the finale they were in that tunnel and left when they did see Julia yeah thats my theory

I can see season 3 doing some time travel kinda story line.

I wonder if Big Jim will hurt Junior though, he will for sure do something to Julia (he already did so) if he finds his way to the tunnel.

Jarbie can't really catch a break
first harried cockblocking yogurt cravings, evil Maxime shooting Julia, big jim and his ultimatum, Rebecca cockblocking their reunion and that freaking car accident now THIS

LEAVE THEM ALONE

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh jeez how much I hated that dumb Harriet I mean, yogurt........... b.i.t.c.h. do you mind??? we were having the time of our lives there if only it had been on showtime hah, yeah and it was the beginning of all the things keeping them apart from time to time and their lives being at risk.
I knew Junior would be useless in stopping Jim, not that it would be so easy to just kill your father, but uh..but I guess he won't die until the very end otherwise we wouldn't have a main villain.
I don't know..I'm really upset about this ending. Barbie should've stayed with Julia, who cares about the townspeople....certainly not this selfish me. where is that "home" anyways? heaven or another planet or what?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm a late comer to the forum and only just realised this is one of a handful of TV programs fastracked into Australia, showing within 24 or so hours after the US. And I had no idea it was the season final until I read this forum. So I don't if I feel better or worse for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
where is that "home" anyways? heaven or another planet or what?
As Melanie was talking to Barbie, it could be back to their fathers place back in Zenith.

There are still so many threads to finish, including Jim getting his come-uppance. Jim is as mad as a cut snake and the show has made it very easy to dislike him immensely. I was a bit surprised in the way Rebecca met her end but I would not be surprised to see her or some of others back in some way.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Down Under! Your profile name is too long. Have to say I love your description of Big Jim!! Please continue to post.

I do feel you're right about Zenith as I said earlier. It would be weird if they ended up in outer space or something like that. The resolution in the book brought in the alien factor which I thought very odd - even for SK, but that's just me.

One of the things I'm going to miss is checking the Spoiler thread & getting excited to see tidbits about upcoming episodes. It's going to be a long time until that happens again. At this point I'm just assuming there will be a Season 3 & that CBS is just being obstinate about letting us in on it.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icomefromalanddownunder (View Post)
As Melanie was talking to Barbie, it could be back to their fathers place back in Zenith.
I suppose it could be but what about the other people? Zenith isn't their home. I don't know, I kinda hope it holds some hidden meaning.
btw, it's Kevin is it? nice to see ya here I love your icon "-you drew my face on a melon? -what else was I supposed to draw your face on? -nothing. don't draw my face." best

Last edited by JoJoF92; 09-24-2014 at 02:52 AM
Old 09-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
Hi Down Under! Your profile name is too long. Have to say I love your description of Big Jim!! Please continue to post.
G'day and thanks. And Jim definitely blew a gasket this time.

When I said I was a bit surprised about how Rebecca was killed off, it more out of character for the show. Quite a few people got shot, Angie got smacked with a shovel (but we didn't really get to see that), the preacher's hearing aid exploded in his head but Rebecca getting hit with the hammer was pretty visual. Then again, SK finds weird ways for people to die or get murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis1948 (View Post)
I do feel you're right about Zenith as I said earlier. It would be weird if they ended up in outer space or something like that. The resolution in the book brought in the alien factor which I thought very odd - even for SK, but that's just me.
I haven't read this book but I have got or read most of his others. I think there was a book called The Tommyknockers which had an alien thread through it.

Quote:
I suppose it could be but what about the other people? Zenith isn't their home. I don't know, I kinda hope it holds some hidden meaning
Again, I haven't read this book but one of the other threads that needs to be tidied up is Barbie and Melanies dad and the fate of the egg. There will have to be some sort of rescue. And Zenith is the place where Pauline hid out, the location of the obelisk and where some of those in Chesters Mill have families.

Quote:
btw, it's Kevin is it? nice to see ya here I love your icon "-you drew my face on a melon? -what else was I supposed to draw your face on? -nothing. don't draw my face." best
Yep, and I am impressed. You picked the show, the episode and the quote. Kudos