Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm almost finished watching Season 1 as per the order I posted earlier (I'm in the middle of Twisted and then have just The '37s left), and I've really been enjoying it. I really don't think there's a poor episode in the bunch, with my favorites outside of the pilot being Parallax, Eye of the Needle, Prime Factors, State of Flux, Heroes and Demons, Faces, Jetrel, and Elogium. I'm also really enjoying Twisted.

Speaking of Elogium, the episode makes a lot more sense when viewed as part of Season 1 in both of its aspects, and, in the case of Ensign Wildman's pregnancy, viewing it as part of Season 1 actually makes it possible to eliminate the need for the explanation in Fury of her gestation period being 18 months because of her daughter's Ktarian genes, especially when you consider that there are a number of real-world factors that can account for the fact that she didn't realize she was pregnant until 6 months into her pregnancy, among them being stress, a lack of the typical side effects associated with pregnancy, and the baby being 'inactive'.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
especially when you consider that there are a number of real-world factors that can account for the fact that she didn't realize she was pregnant until 6 months into her pregnancy, among them being stress, a lack of the typical side effects associated with pregnancy, and the baby being 'inactive'.
Yeah, I imagine the realization that they were stuck in the Delta quadrant would be more than a little stressful for most of the crew members.

Faces - is that the one where we see B'Elanna separated into a Klingon and Human half?
Old 10-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Yeah, I imagine the realization that they were stuck in the Delta quadrant would be more than a little stressful for most of the crew members.

Faces - is that the one where we see B'Elanna separated into a Klingon and Human half?
Yep.

A great alternate ending to that episode would've been for Human B'Elanna to have been the one who died, leaving Klingon B'Elanna around permanently.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Yep.

A great alternate ending to that episode would've been for Human B'Elanna to have been the one who died, leaving Klingon B'Elanna around permanently.
could you see Tom and B'Elanna hooking up if she was more Klingon?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I don't see why her being fully Klingon as opposed to a 'half-breed' would have had any affect on the likelihood of her and Tom developing a relationship.

Since posting my earlier thoughts concerning Elogium and Ensign Wildman's pregnancy, I have watched the episode Non-Sequitur, which totally puts the kibosh on the things I talked about earlier being able to 'cancel out' her experiencing an 18-month gestation period, but I do still think that Elogium should've been aired as part of Season 1, as it would've increased the plausibility of the situation from 'totally wonky and implausible' to 'wonky but at least plausible'.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I suppose Worf was fully Klingon and had relationships with women of other species.

Honestly, I don't remember much about how they explained Ensign Wildman's pregnancy. Did we ever see Naomi as a baby or toddler?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes we did
Why do we need an explanation for her pregnancy? Sorry für inquiring in the middle of your discussion

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kia. It came up as an example of Voyager being good to refer back to past storylines, and that it's a series best watched in the order the episodes originally aired.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
IHonestly, I don't remember much about how they explained Ensign Wildman's pregnancy.
In Fury, The Doctor reveals that, due to her daughter's Ktarian genes, Ensign Wildman's gestation period is double that of a regular Human gestation period.

As an aside, I was working on a post for another forum earlier today when I realized that the episode order I'd posted here earlier and later slightly revised actually needed to be revised further, so here's a rundown of the new revisions, listed by season:
Season 3
* Coda and Blood Fever should be watched in their Original Airing Order (as opposed to Production Order, which is how I'd previously reordered them)

Season 5
* Infinite Regress and Thirty Days should be watched in their Original Airing Order (this means there's a Stardate discrepancy, but it's more important to maintain continuity with regards to Paris' rank, which the Original Airing Order does)

Season 7
* Drive, Repression, and Imperfection should be watched as Episodes 2, 3, and 4, respectively (discarding both Production Order and Original Airing Order in favor of Stardate consistency and continuity as it concerns the Delta Flyer II and Tom and B'Elanna's wedding)

Last edited by DigificWriter; 10-12-2013 at 08:52 PM
Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for jogging my memory.
Quote:

Season 7
* Drive, Repression, and Imperfection should be watched as Episodes 2, 3, and 4, respectively (discarding both Production Order and Original Airing Order in favor of Stardate consistency and continuity as it concerns the Delta Flyer II and Tom and B'Elanna's wedding)
I guess I can understand why they sometimes need to film as people or sets are available, but I don't get why they wouldn't air episodes in proper order.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Absolute Fan

^ With those 3 episodes, the only way you're going to realize that they're 'out of order' is if you're super-perceptive, but I'm of the mindset that if you're going to watch a show with the intention of maximizing your experience with said show, you need to watch things in an order where you're not going to notice that there are even minor things out-of-place.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kia. It came up as an example of Voyager being good to refer back to past storylines, and that it's a series best watched in the order the episodes originally aired.
Ah, alright
I'm not good with remembering details after all this time, but thinking back in more general terms I agree
It's not one of those shows where the order doesn't matter.

ETA Just saw your sig, DigificWriter
He Ichabod really cracks me up...

What's insane is a ten-percent levy on baked goods. You do realize the Revolutionary War began on less than two percent? How is the public not flocking to the streets in outrage? We must do something.

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 10-13-2013 at 11:30 AM
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
It's not one of those shows where the order doesn't matter.
It's perceived to be, though, which is why I've taken the time to demonstrate why, exactly, it is a show with a definable 'proper order'.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

While somebody could casually watch episodes and not be lost, knowing the history certainly adds something to the experience.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
While somebody could casually watch episodes and not be lost, knowing the history certainly adds something to the experience.
Which is one of the things that makes it a 'Serialized Procedural'.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread