Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think that Seven experimenting with a Holo-Janeway as well as a Holo-Chakotay would have been groundbreaking. I could imagine a scenario where she practiced her dating skills with both holograms and then came to a decision as to which one she felt more attraction for, a woman or a man. She could have even decided that she was attracted to both genders, that the attraction had to do more with the individual in question than that person's gender. Now, THAT would have been revolutionary. TPTB went the safe route by pairing Seven in the last episodes of Voyager with Chakotay. The relationship was rushed and didn't work because it came out of nowhere and there was little chemistry between both actors. It also angered many fans who waited seven years to see Janeway and Chakotay leave the ship arm in arm, finally free to form a relationship. The error of pairing C/7 was rectified in the books, but by then the series was over.
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Wow, there's been some interesting and intriguing discussion going on in here.

A woman definitely doesn't have to put her assets on display to be sexy. To me, if a woman seems to be using her sexuality to advance herself, that's just demeaning.

Agree with the suggestion of Seven exploring her sexuality in a holodeck programme.
I am glad we can all come to a general consensus concerning 7 exploring her sexuality via the holodeck and that a woman does not have to show off everything in order to be sexy or to advance her station in life. Well done!
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Wow, there's been some interesting and intriguing discussion going on in here.

A woman definitely doesn't have to put her assets on display to be sexy. To me, if a woman seems to be using her sexuality to advance herself, that's just demeaning.

Agree with the suggestion of Seven exploring her sexuality in a holodeck programme.
I think it is " Unattractive" for a woman to have all her assets out for display . It leaves no room for the imagination. It is so cheap . A woman one wouldn't like to take home to mummy ;-)
It makes me laugh that Ryan thinks she is a role model for young women
janeway7trulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
I think that Seven experimenting with a Holo-Janeway as well as a Holo-Chakotay would have been groundbreaking. I could imagine a scenario where she practiced her dating skills with both holograms and then came to a decision as to which one she felt more attraction for, a woman or a man. She could have even decided that she was attracted to both genders, that the attraction had to do more with the individual in question than that person's gender. Now, THAT would have been revolutionary. TPTB went the safe route by pairing Seven in the last episodes of Voyager with Chakotay. The relationship was rushed and didn't work because it came out of nowhere and there was little chemistry between both actors. It also angered many fans who waited seven years to see Janeway and Chakotay leave the ship arm in arm, finally free to form a relationship. The error of pairing C/7 was rectified in the books, but by then the series was over.
Well said.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
The relationship was rushed and didn't work because it came out of nowhere and there was little chemistry between both actors. It also angered many fans who waited seven years to see Janeway and Chakotay leave the ship arm in arm, finally free to form a relationship. The error of pairing C/7 was rectified in the books, but by then the series was over.
I am working on the books right now! Finished FULL CIRCLE and THE ETERNAL TIDE in two days! I like how Seven is in the books.

C/7 really did anger a lot of fans, and I was one of them.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
C/7 really did anger a lot of fans, and I was one of them.
Me too!!!
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Me three!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Janeway and Seven, on the show, were always so fascinating to me. I loved how Janeway was a mentor for Seven and as we went along Seven was testing more and more of her individuality like any child would, all while being under the watchful eye of Janeway. I really loved that asect of Voyager, until Seven decided that she wanted to be with Chakotay for the next level of her restored humanity..... then I was like NO.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 PM
New Fan

^ I think the producers wanted to quickly have Seven with some guy - an older guy and they concluded it should be Chakotay. I thought it was a huge mis-match. Only because the match was Janeway . Anyways no one can mistake the fact Seven and Janeway had huge chemistry.

Ryan was open to the Chakotay/7 thing and thought it should have taken baby steps before it all come to full flourish. It could have worked that way - i think the risk of that is we would lose the chemistry between Janeway and Seven. For a show like that . I feel it will be a crying shame if they did . So for me i thought it was a good idea

For the straight folks i think that they would rather have J/C , so 7/C would not have been a great idea either
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

I never saw Janeway and Seven as anything more than they were, still don't to this day. I was always a Janeway and Chakotay girl. They were best when they were together, when they were fighting, and when they were reconciling.

I have M/M and F/F ships, but none of them were in Star Trek. They just had too many great couples, and the potential for great M/F couples, and Trek was my childhood.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 PM
New Fan

Good for you Chakotayslover you and so many C/J certainly got your moneys worth when Mulgrew and Beltran appeared together on a few conventions. Guess you will be treated to more of their appearances together in conventions in the future. You lucky devil .. Glad your happy
Old 04-29-2015, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

I've met Kate Mulgrew, Robert Beltran and Jeri Ryan!

Jeri is such a sweetie! I talked with her about her roles on LEVERAGE, on Boston Public, and on Body of Proof. I thought it best to stay away from Star Trek with Jeri. Once she was away from trek I loved the characters she portrayed a lot more.

Robert Beltran and I waited for an elevator together. One that opened up was jammed full of people and I, because I know how to keep my mouth shut, went right a head and said, "Gives new meaning to the words "Sardines in a can"." To which Robert laughed at. And the next elevator was empty enough for us to jump on. There was a Seven of Nine cosplayer in the elevator who wanted to take a pic with him. It was so cute and his smile is the best. Then, I got off on my floor, where the elvator alarm went off. I was laughing so hard cause the elevator had been acting up all day. When I looked at the elevator, Robert was looking at me and he winked! LMAO! I got a Chakotay wink! Made my day!! hahah!!

I've also met KAte Mulgrew and OMG!! The woman is a doll! I was a dressed a vampire when I met her and after she signed my autograph, she put her glasses on and then said, "Now open up your mouth and let me see you fangs" I laughed, blushed, and did as she asked. She loved them! Asked if they hurt when I spoke, and I shook my head saying, "No, not really." BEST DAY EVER!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Terrific stories Tari! Especially the elevator story. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway7trulv (View Post)
^ I think the producers wanted to quickly have Seven with some guy
Seven didn't have any family on Earth, so they wanted her paired up to give the character a happy ending.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:10 AM
New Fan

I am glad you had great experiences when meeting all three Chakotaylover..

It seems like Ryan needs the money to help with Eme's new restaurant together with wanting to somehow get a starring role in some future Star Trek thing - No doubthence why she does Conventions..

She stayed away from them for a long time , blaming the Stalker situation to blame- although Wang told a different story . And i believe Garretts version
Old 04-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yes, all three are lovely people!

I've also met Garrett, several times! hahahaha!! He's quite the personality!! I love seeing him at Cons! LOL!

Here is a pic of my Robert Beltran and Garrett Wang! lol!

Spoiler:
Reply   Post New Thread