Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
New Fan

Oh you are a sweetheart.. Thanks ever so much for creating this room honey

Hopefully the word will spread and we have this room filled within no time
janeway7trulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Janeway/Seven of Nine #1

source

I almost forgotten how much i miss the scenes they where in together.. Looking at these pictures makes it hard to envision how much they truly did not get along ..so sad
Old 04-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

janeway7trulv - just so you know, we try not to quote pictures, partly to help out our members with slower connections.

did you have a favourite scene of these two?

That's a lovely gifset for the OP Tracey.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM
New Fan

Hello Chris

Thank you for pointing that out to me..

I have so many episodes which i adore. The top of the list being Voyager Conspiracy and Hope and Fear . Voyager Conspiracy in particular was enriched with the two characters and really took their r/ship to a whole new level. Of course watching it now reading what i recently read about Ryans accounts of what happened between her and Mulgrew and how she had to basically sell her soul to the diredtor in order to get Mulgrew to stop bullying her , kinda dampens things a little. Do you have a favourite? or are you more into J/C?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That's the first I've heard of bullying on the set.

I enjoyed the friendship that developed between Janeway and Seven, and watching Janeway being a mentor to Seven.

I'm a J/C fan, not a C/7 fan.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:30 AM
New Fan

I have heard about the bulllying for years . In some ways i can understand the angst and frustration Mulgrew displayed after all she was the one that bust her nut in order women captains are taking seriously. I think her ego was burnt because she wanted to be everything .

Although she has apologised , i think that Ryan wasnt as incident in all of it as she wants people to believe. I can imagine her lappung the whole thing up- having slept with the writer - not only to recieve the best lines , but in hopes to stop Mulgrew from continuing to bully her .

I dont always agree with Mulgrews points of view , but i can sincerely say that i respect her to the maximum . She far preceeds my expectations of her - as a professional actress . Shes a woman with exceptional wisdown and holds herself with such eliquence . I have always felt that they have both last out ( in particularly Ryan) on a lot by not being a part of each others lives

The fact that 20 odd years Ryan has decided to throw Mulgrew under the bus in a big way is baffles me . I have my own theories as to the reasons she has chosen to do this - but hey its nor here nor there.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I can see how Mulgrew in trying to create a strong, competent, female captain, might feel frustrated that the exploitation of Ryan's physical assets took away from the strength of the characters.

If that happened, it's unfortunate. Personally, I'd rather focus on their on screen relationship rather than airing dirty laundry.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:08 AM
New Fan

I agree, but i cant deny the fact it does put a damper on things when i watched the voyager series and see so much in their eyes when they look at each other. something more than a few acting classes at Stella Alder can create.

They had soooo much pretential together.. I absolutely adored Season 4 and 5 as i thought that Janeway was at her best - Her whole look (hair . body), was a powerful of strength or full and utter power. For me , it all went down hill when her appearance changed in season 6 /7..

I loved Endgame , i love the message that was conveyed in that epiosde. With letting down her guard and making things right with Seven and telling Seven how she felt in anticpation Seven would not die . I think that was such a smart way of concluding the whole tone of humanity which Voyager always represented .

It is really such a shame Mulgrew and Ryan cannot move past their differences and sit down together and make by gones be by gones. I think Ryan is the one that is holding on to the angst more than Mulgrew . She hinted at the con with Garratt , she will not be entertaining the idea reprising her character. I think it will be wonderful to revisit Voyager again . I feel their is so much more than can be said

I sincerely hope that one day she will grow up and realise the one she was fighting against is the one that is the best person for her . I remember hearing about Leonard Nimoy and how Shatner couldnt be there .. You just cannot take back the moment and im sure Shatner will regret it. But whilst Nimoy was alive , he was man enough to put their differences aside and the two became friends often pictured together and attending functions and their guys.. No disrespect but us women should be the wise mature ones, not the other way around

Sorry bout my little rant there

I just found this and thought it was so beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPO0cN6X578
Old 04-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway7trulv (View Post)
Oh you are a sweetheart.. Thanks ever so much for creating this room honey
No problem at all

Liked their scenes when Janeway was helping Seven getting her humanity back
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:16 PM
New Fan

Do you have a particular favourite J/7 episode Crazy?..

I adore Hope and Fear and ooooooooooh Voyager Conspiracy
Old 04-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
The fact that 20 odd years Ryan has decided to throw Mulgrew under the bus in a big way is baffles me . I have my own theories as to the reasons she has chosen to do this - but hey its nor here nor there.
That's just it. Makes me wonder how much is selective memory. Most of us tend to remember the highs and lows, but not normal day-to-day things.

Quote:
put their differences aside and the two became friends often pictured together and attending functions and their guys..
It's not healthy to hold a grudge.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:37 PM
New Fan

Thats it Chris . It shouldnt even be an issue now. She runs on about her gorgeous Husband / Family and career , than surely that is what she be the focus of everything.

It seems to me that their is a hint of some jealousy going on with Ryan . Possibly Mulgrew's completely moving on with her life with the hit series OITNB and developed close new gorgeous female associates instead of her ;-) . The realisation of everything has set in or maybe she is hoping that if she stuck as many pins into Mulgrew the public will dislike Mulgrew more?- Just a guess..

Personally i am not shocked by the revelations . I have never looked upon Mulgrew as an angel , but a darn fine actress , a well educated eliquent crazy , strong and extremely passionate individual.

I think also Ryan gives herself a little to much credit. She is an ok actress in my opinion. No way the caliba of Mulgrew. I think she is desperate to give people the impression she is an angel and Mulgrew was this huge devil. Personally i think they was both the same to each other - maybe Ryan just had a coe way of dealing with it ie; Braga situation.

Either way , i will always think in a crazy bizzare way they would have been great together as friends or even more
Old 04-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Do you have a particular favourite J/7 episode Crazy?..

I adore Hope and Fear and ooooooooooh Voyager Conspiracy
Conspiracy was a good eppy..
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

For some reason I'm having a hard time thinking of many Janeway/Seven centered episodes.