Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

You can also buy it from Walmart too. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I would, be I don't have time for a 2 hour movie, much less a 10 hour one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
You can also buy it from Walmart too. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
The price was outrageous. Like $120.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but that should die down soon, shouldn't it? Well, actually since it's award time, maybe not. We'll have to see.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Maybe. I should check the price at Amazon again.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Never! Amazon is not to be trusted!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Extreme Fan

In Memorium... Moogie (Quark and Rom's mother from DS9)(actress Cecily Adams) passes away.

This is one character that I personally and will sorely miss. The laughs that Cecily gave to me as she played "Ishka".

Ferengi Family Member Cecily Adams Dies

Cecily Adams, the second actress to step into the role of "Ishka" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and who reprised the role at conventions for "The Ferengi Family Hour," has died after a four-month battle with lung cancer. She was 46.
Adams died Wednesday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles, according to her agent Bruce Tufeld. Her husband, actor Jim Beaver, was with her.

"She was a lovely, lovely girl,'' Tufeld said in an Associated Press report. "We were all destroyed by it.''

The daughter of Get Smart star Don Adams and singer Adelaide Adams was both an actress and a casting director. She concentrated more on casting in recent years and "was great with actors because she was an actor,'' Tufeld said. She was working on Fox's That '70s Show at the time of her death.

"She was a fighter. She worked up until the end,'' Tufeld said.

Adams took over the role of the female Ferengi that was originated by Andrea Martin beginning with "Ferengi Love Songs" and for three more episodes after that. "Ishka," nicknamed "Moogie," was the secretly brilliant mother of Quark and Rom, who became the lover of Grand Nagus Zek and convinced him to reform Ferengi society to raise the stature of women.

According to the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion" by Terry J. Erdmann, Adams loved the part she was playing, despite the prosthetics. "She never backs down," Adams said proudly in reference to "The Magnificent Ferengi." "I feel very fortunate to play her. She's made me grow as an actor and as a person."

For a couple of years, Adams joined castmates Max Grodenchik, Aron Eisenberg, Chase Masterson, and DS9 preproduction coordinator Lolita Fatjo to tour Star Trek conventions with the hilarious sketch called "The Ferengi Family Hour" where they reprised their respective characters in a post-DS9 time-travelling adventure to Disneyland.

Adams had guest roles in a variety of other TV shows including Just Shoot Me, Murphy Brown and Party of Five.

Besides her husband, parents and siblings, she is survived by a two-year-old daughter, Madeline.

UPDATE: A public memorial service will be held at the Directors Guild of America, 7920 Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at 1 p.m. Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to the Cecily Adams Fund, c/o Theatre West, 3333 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Los Angeles, CA 90068.

STARTREK.COM extends condolences to all the family and friends of Cecily Adams. We will all miss her tremendously.

[ 03-11-2004: Message edited Tazula ]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

I had just read that yesterday.

I couldn't believe how young she was. Truly sad.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Big O/Ker here! Can somebody make me a few avvies and/or banners?

Loved DS9 and miss the show SO much. At least I have the DVDs...and the Relaunch novel series to get me through my DS9 longings.

I spend my time writing O/K fanfic.

~Donna
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Wes&FredFan check the fanart thread. Wildfire Girl posted one for you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Morning Wes/Fred. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You'll be happy to know that they'll be launching DS9 on Spike TV this year, so you'll be able to see it again on the teley.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Some Odo & Kira pics for Wes&FredFan

Old 03-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You'll be happy to know that they'll be launching DS9 on Spike TV this year, so you'll be able to see it again on the teley.
Do you know what month it's going to start??
Old 03-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yossarin:

Do you know what month it's going to start??
From www.scifichat.net

'Deep Space Nine' Gets Spiked In April

"Cable television subscribers will be able to get a daily dose of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine from April this year.

Beginning Monday, April 5, Spike TV will be showing Deep Space Nine every weekday night at 7:00 p.m., according to Morty's TV. The series will also air at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoons. To kick-off the new schedule, Spike TV will air a DS9 marathon from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on Friday, April 8.

Spike TV (formerly known as TNN) acquired the rerun rights to Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager in 2000. Under the terms of the license agreement, the cable network has been broadcasting reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation since October 2001, but was not permitted to air Deep Space Nine until this year.

The Next Generation will still remain on the Spike TV schedule, but will be moved to an earlier timeslot. Instead of being screened in prime time, the series is scheduled to be shown at 1:00 p.m. on weekday afternoons, following on from the former UPN series, Seven Days, which will air at 12 midday.

Spike TV is licensed to air reruns of Star Trek: Voyager from 2006."

Source:Trek Today ( www.trektoday.com )
Old 03-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Thx for the backup Taz.

Chris, those pictures aren't showing up anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thx for the backup Taz.
No prob Jerry! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] As it was... the insomnia was getting the best of me last night(I finally got 8 hrs. of sleep!), the night before (2 hrs. of sleep) and the night before that (5 hrs. of sleep)!

I'm still tired but somewhere, somehow and sometime down the line I am sure that I am just going to drop from sheer exhaustion. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Now if I hadn't gotten curious about DS9 going to air on Spike I would have never found out that they also have the rights for Voyager. This makes an interesting situation. One might think that due to the nature of "Trek" (being science fiction) that the Sci-fi channel would have nabbed them. I honestly think that ALL "Trek", once they go into syndication, should be on the Sci-fi channel. IMO... the Sci-fi channel needs better sci-fi! I'm thankful that they do air the Godzilla movies. What's sci-fi if you can't have fun with it and air the Godzilla movies? Or better yet... "SPACEBALLS"! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited Tazula ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread