Old 03-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
Chris, those pictures aren't showing up anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] I can see them. Are they still not working for you?

I hope that you sleep better tonight Tazula.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tazula:

Now if I hadn't gotten currious about DS9 going to air on Spike I would have never found out that they also have the rights for Voyager. This makes an interesting situation. One might think that due to the nature of "Trek" (being science fiction) that the Sci-fi channel would have nabbed them. I honestly think that ALL "Trek", once they go into syndication, should be on the Sci-fi channel.
Do you guys not get Voyager or DS9 at all now? The Space Channel in Canada airs all the Treks, except the animated one. Plus I have another channel that airs TNG, DS9 and VOY Monday to Friday.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

UPN in Houston has Voyager & Enterprise repeats. It quit having DS9 for like a year plus now.

Now I'm wishing I had a Tivo w/ a DVD burner on it so I could record the whole series... $1000 is too much right now [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm thinking that the Spike info warrants a separate thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by yossarin:
Now I'm wishing I had a Tivo w/ a DVD burner on it so I could record the whole series...
Any friends or family that could record it for you?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

None of my friends are into StarTrek [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

When I originally started watching S1 of DS9, I didn't really like it too much b/c the cast wasn't as cohesive as it will be in later seasons. And it's weird seeing the makeup change on Odo & Quark
Old 03-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by yossarin:
None of my friends are into StarTrek [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

You need to use your powers of persuasion on them. Resistance is futile. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

That or chinese water torture. That works well too.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Either that, or make them listen to that lounge singer from DS9. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

[That LOUNGE SINGER. That's heresy [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

If I had the cash, I'd love to have Vic Fontaine sing at one of my parties. He was the man, regardless of his lack of a corporeal form.

He was the coolest character on the show... a ladies man, a mentor, listening post... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

I know, but I had to say something to get a good reaction, and it seemed appropriate.

After all, the man that can teach Odo about love, is a man that can do anything.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

has anyone seen Alexander Seddig do anything recently? I liked the fact that he wasn't so stuck up after it was revealed that he was genetically enhanced. but I also thought it was gimmicky that he was.

I didn't think the writers had to go in that direction, but the only positive was that Sloan used that information to cast doubt on Bashir's motives.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

I believe that he's returned to the stage.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
After all, the man that can teach Odo about love, is a man that can do anything.
I don't think Vic taught Odo about love, per se. But about self confidence. Luckily, he showed a more confident self to the real Kira even as he believed himself to be romancing a hologram. It was his confidence, I think, that surprises Kira on their date. But as they talk more, she realizes (finally!) that the man she wants is right there. He is making the move she waited for, despite her attempts to convince herself they were strictly friends. The kiss tells the tale [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Again, I'm a BIG O/Ker. I've got the ep memorized [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

I was surprised to hear that Nana and Sid are no longer together, but I guess it's a matter of career paths. Sid works around the world, while Nana does theatre in the US, mainly California. I was stunned to hear her engaged (now married?) to a crew member from "Chicago." Wow! But she's got Django as a DS9 souvenir [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited Wes&FredFan ]
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I've been making an effort to watch DS9 and am quite enjoying it. I'm not sure why I didn't like it the first time around.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

I know what you mean, but I'm really rewatching to see how the "later-season" relationships evolved and how some romances didn't work. I thought it was very real how relationships must have been tested when they leave a relaxed environment into a place whose architecture looks like a prison. I find it fascinating that a Bajoran monastary can be only a few paces from a the decadence of Quarks.

The early, first season episodes really pushed the boundaries of what StarTrek was and what DS9's style would be. Kira's loyalties have been tested time and time again, and her underground tactics have been a blessing and a curse in numerous instances.

One of the most poignant moments was Kira realizing that she had become a Cardassian collaborator by being amiable with the enemy, Gul Dukat, after the many years of hating him during the Occupation, and learning the truth of what he did to his mother.

it is clearly the most ambitious and most successful storytelling StarTek of them all b/c they took chances and didn't mind making the StarFleet officers act human in their "shades of gray" decision-making.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

I think one reason why reactions to DS9 might differ a lot, both between people and within the same person on different viewings, is that it was such a mix of elements.

There's stuff about DS9 I absolutely love, and there's stuff about DS9 I find very annoying. It all depends which affects you more, whether you're in a mood where you can ignore the dumb stuff and enjoy the good stuff... but definitely there's some great stuff. Friendships, space battles... long-running story arcs. And of course, most important of all, speckled girls.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Hello there, I'm just dropping in from Roswell World with a question, if you don't mind.

We were discussing Trouble with Tribbles on a thread over there, which then led to the discussion of the DS9 take off of that episode, where I think that it was Dax and Worf? Somehow go back in time to that episode. All I can remember was that Worf's response when asked about the difference in Klingon appearence was, "We don't like to talk about it." And that Dax thought Spock was hot.
I know there has to be someone here that remembers it and maybe can fill in the gaps on what that episode was and how the storyline went. Not remembering is driving me nuts. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread