Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2021, 05:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)

I really hope we see some Guinan and Q scenes in the next season.
I'd love to see that too.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Exactly , why they couldn't have put Data in the body in the museum

Plotholes...
These new writers sometimes aren't really strong when it comes to the plot tbh.

Last edited by Arrakis; 05-05-2021 at 11:14 AM
Old 05-04-2021, 10:54 AM
Website Manager

True, but I sure do like seeing cast members pop up again. Seems the Federation isn't what it once was.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
These new writers sometimes aren't really strong when it comes to the plot tbh.
agreed
Old 05-05-2021, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
True, but I sure do like seeing cast members pop up again.
Me too. It adds continuity and depth to the show.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes the old cast members popping up again is really nice. I think we'll also get the doctor back, at least robert picardo said so in early 2020 that he'd be on season 2.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

There's only one doctor I want back
Old 05-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
I think we'll also get the doctor back, at least robert picardo said so in early 2020 that he'd be on season 2.
What about Beverly Crusher?
Old 05-06-2021, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Exactly Johnnie
Old 05-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
There's only one doctor I want back
Yes but there never was any news about her returning.

Maybe as a surprise return?
Old 05-06-2021, 11:32 AM
Website Manager

Before the internet was as common there was a lot more surprises on tv shows, now they have people getting spotted on sets and such as well as social media.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Yes but there never was any news about her returning.

Maybe as a surprise return?
I don't believe there's been any news about her possibly appearing on Picard.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I am so

Quote:
The new series Star Trek: Picard has brought in a few of Sir Patrick Stewart’s Star Trek: The Next Generation co-stars in season one, including Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes. Season two is currently in production, and there are more TNG stars on the way, including Whoopi Goldberg and John de Lancie. However, earlier in the year Michael Dorn told TrekMovie he didn’t expect to appear in season two, and we recently learned that LeVar Burton won’t either. And now TrekMovie has confirmed with Gates McFadden that she is also not going to be part of season two, and she has some thoughts on that.

Next week Gates McFadden launches her brand new InvestiGates podcast featuring intimate conversations with her friends from Star Trek. TrekMovie had a chance to talk to Gates about the new audio endeavor, her involvement with the upcoming History Channel Trek docuseries, and her time with TNG. The full interview will be available to listen to on Friday on our weekly podcast All Access Star Trek, which also includes a brief discussion about the possibility of McFadden appearing in Star Trek: Picard.

In our last interview with the actress in June 2020, she told us there was a “good chance” she would reprise her role as Dr. Beverly Crusher in season two of Picard, revealing she had already been speaking to the show’s producers. However, speaking to TrekMovie this week, McFadden confirmed season two is not going to happen, saying:

"I’m not in the second season. I’m sad that I’m not. Things have changed a lot on different levels. So I have no idea at this point. I’m disappointed because it would have been so much fun to just work with those people. But we’ll see. I have no idea. I wish I could tell you."

McFadden didn’t express the same optimism as LeVar Burton recently did when saying that even though he won’t be in season two of Picard, he still expects to show up on the series, presumably in season three. And that could be sooner than we think as we recently learned Picard is shooting seasons two and three back to back, at least according to John de Lancie.

Throughout Star Trek: The Next Generation there was a romantic subtext between Beverly Crusher and Jean-Luc Picard. The series finale even showed a possible future where the two had been married (and divorced). Speaking to TrekMovie, McFadden talked about how she liked playing this aspect of Crusher:

"I think that there was a chemistry between us. I can’t speak for Patrick, but I really loved playing scenes with his character. In the first season when we did the episode “The Naked Now,” that was the audition scene that I did for Star Trek. So she’s free and she’s coming on to him and he’s coming on to her. I loved that that was underneath. There was something so wonderful about these two people who were usually very serious."

As for where she sees Beverly and Jean-Luc’s relationship at the end of the 24th century, McFadden told TrekMovie’s podcasters she is open to ideas, saying:

"It could be any number of things. I think by then people are living so much longer. And I know that when there’s people in your past that you loved, you kind of always loved them. And yet you’re not going to be with them, but there’s history, there’s background. Or the same can be true in reverse, people you couldn’t stand and maybe things have changed.

I think a lot about time and ponder on it. And what is time? Is it just this construct that we’ve put on something we don’t understand? And people in the Next Gen century, they lived a lot longer. And they could choose to change their appearances in ways that we can’t yet do. I don’t know, I think there’s a lot of possibilities. I wouldn’t want to limit something in a sort of soap opera way. But I think there’s a tremendous amount of possibilities that could happen. But that’s me. And I’m not not a writer on the show."

source
Old 05-07-2021, 07:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's really sad!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Absolutely ridiculous
Closed Thread   Post New Thread