Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)
Is anyone else confused by Kenna's presence during Renaude's execution? I hope it's not enchanted!Bash's way of punishing Kenna. I'm mostly imagining worst case scenarios right now.

Also, I wonder if Delphine will be able to 'seal the deal' with Bash. Magically, and sexually. That one bts photo makes me think that Delphine will try to seduce Bash, almost succeed, but the little catholic/protestant conflict will get between them in the last possible moment.
You think that Bash forced her to watch GR's hanging? That's awful. But I was wondering myself why she would watch her lover's execution.

I'm still not sure in which way it effects Bash that Delphine slept with him by proxy. Did he sense what happend with "him"? The servant boy felt not himself. What about Bash?
Old 05-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Welcome to and to the KB couples thread! Did you find your way here from tumblr because I recall seeing the same user name there.
Thanks for the welcome. Yup, that's me. I'm the one always ranting about Bash's behavior this season.

Quote:
You think that Bash forced her to watch GR's hanging? That's awful. But I was wondering myself why she would watch her lover's execution.

I'm still not sure in which way it effects Bash that Delphine slept with him by proxy. Did he sense what happend with "him"? The servant boy felt not himself. What about Bash?
I'm not sure about what brought Kenna to Renaude's execution, especially if she's really pregnant as we're speculating and it's possible Renaude's kid, but that's one of my darker theories. Delphine testing the boundaries of the spell by making Bash order Kenna's presence.

I don't understand anything about that spell. I could barely watch it because Delphine makes me really uncomfortable. When she's around Bash, she acts like preteen girl trapped in adult body, her attempts at seduction definitely look that way.
Reign and magic is always a mess.
I think Bash felt like he was having a weird sex dream, probably.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. Yup, that's me. I'm the one always ranting about Bash's behavior this season.
That's where I've seen your user name. I think we brought over one of your rants to this thread or the KB thread on the Reign forum. I don't remember which.

Quote:
I'm not sure about what brought Kenna to Renaude's execution, especially if she's really pregnant as we're speculating and it's possible Renaude's kid, but that's one of my darker theories. Delphine testing the boundaries of the spell by making Bash order Kenna's presence.

I don't understand anything about that spell. I could barely watch it because Delphine makes me really uncomfortable. When she's around Bash, she acts like preteen girl trapped in adult body, her attempts at seduction definitely look that way.
Reign and magic is always a mess.
I think Bash felt like he was having a weird sex dream, probably.
Yeah, D's attempts at seduction are sort of teen-like and that binding spell was creepy.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 05-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

I think she used a binding love spell.
Binding Love Spells
Old 05-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
That's the part I like the most.

And I agree that it was quite the shock for him to learn that she moved on too.
Me too I wish the heart eyes emoticon was a thing on this forum.

Quote:
Hi, after lurking around since January, I finally decided to join the discussion ... and I haven't got much to add. The Delphine revelation messed with all of my theories, and I can't imagine what will happen next.
I do wish Kenna's secret weren't about pregnancy, but I can't think of any other thing that would seal their fate.
That said I'm very optimistic about Kennash future. The show can't really afford to loose the second most popular ship, not with those ratings, and between Renaude and Delphine, the show has already began the groundwork for a reunion. So no matter what will happen in 2x22, I remain optimistic.

Is anyone else confused by Kenna's presence during Renaude's execution? I hope it's not enchanted!Bash's way of punishing Kenna. I'm mostly imagining worst case scenarios right now.

Also, I wonder if Delphine will be able to 'seal the deal' with Bash. Magically, and sexually. That one bts photo makes me think that Delphine will try to seduce Bash, almost succeed, but the little catholic/protestant conflict will get between them in the last possible moment.
Welcome! As I've said, I totally love your tumblr posts, so yay

Yeah, now that we know she didn't help Renaude after he turned traitor (a theory I didn't think likely, but a valid one floating round), pregnancy really seems like the most likely thing.

I could see Kenna going to Renaude's execution so there's one sympathetic face in the crowd. And she did care for him, though I actually think he may have cared more for her, since I really do believe her heart at least partly still belongs to Bash. That said, if Kenna's pregnant and knows it's Renaude's/is uncertain, it would be really foolish for her to go and create some speculation/gossip that might link her to Renaude (if it doesn't already exist), because having a traitor's baby isn't a way to endear yourself to the royal family.

(Side note: If she's pregnant and Renaude is the baby daddy, I would be super-intrigued to see how Francis reacts to all of this . . . He's finally grown a spine when it comes to Mary; I wonder if he would - unfairly to Kenna - get protective of Bash and lash out in some king-ish way. I've kind of always wanted some one-on-one Francis/Kenna interaction since they seemed like the ones fighting for their marriages and I found them more sympathetic than Mary and Bash, but have never gotten my wish and would probably only get it in some totally twisted way. )

Alternatively, enchanted!Bash may be this season's mad!Henry and make her attend, but I hope not. Plus that seems more the behavior of an angry, jealous cuckolded husband than a husband who told his wife to go find someone else because he wants to annul their marriage. I have a feeling enchanted!Bash is likelier to be indifferent to her than mistreat her, although if Delphine knows Renaude was Kenna's new man, she may want to simultaneously bind Bash to her and make sure he behaves in a way that will push Kenna away for good now that Renaude has been hanged. (The latter is likelier if she "saw"/knows that Kenna is pregnant by Bash rather than Renaude, which we've discussed to death :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritaqg (View Post)
Okay Icygrace, get started on your fanfic.....every one that I have read, are fantastic . They are on point and well written....I enjoy them so much, sometimes more than the writing on our show....thanks to all of you!!
Thanks so much! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that I have rough drafts of a few different ones (including the one I was referring to and a multi-parter plotted pre-Antoine, Renaude, Delphine et al), but I always end up adding things to fics/changing them a bit first!

Quote:
Thanks.
It's true that hangings used to be a spectacle, but I find it strange that Kenna would attend even to say goodbye since, as we saw in 2x21, she can visit Renaude in his cell.

I'm sure you saw that picture too. I think it was posted on Twitter by Fred Gerber. It's the Bash with his shirt undone photo. It always seemed to me as if he were in the middle of making out when he was interrupted by soldiers telling him of some deputy situation that demands his immediate attention.

If I may vent a little bit, I'm so infuriated right now. A new companion book for Reign came out today, and I got it on Kindle, because I had a gift card and I'm actual pathetic and desperate shipper and the Kindle version was kinda cheap when I preordered it, and the book had everything we ever wanted from and for Kennash. Bickering Kennash, sexy Kennash, caring and protective Bash.

And most important of all, Kenna joined Bash on his deputy business, and was actually helpful. It was amazing, and I wanna know why we had no Kennash storylines whatsoever, and then jumped right into out of nowhere and over the top angst, when we could have Kennash working together all along.
Being interrupted makes sense, because he was interrupted during that scene where he and Kenna were having sex and Kenna was awkwardly bringing up Claude

Also, Kenna helping Bash would have been awesome!!!

Quote:
New fic!
I think that there's one more reason for Bash not wanting kids. Responsibility.
Until recently, Bash had almost no responsibilities and definitely has not been responsible for anyone.

He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and didn't have to think of future because his life didn't matter. I think Francis mentions to Mary back in s1 that their upbringing was quite different. Bash has never been responsible for anyone, and when growing up, I doubt anyone spent much time creating a sense or feeling of responsibility towards anyone and not even generally.

He got to do what he wanted and when he wanted. As long as he remained Henry's good little playmate all was good.

Even after he married Kenna, he didn't show much concern for their future apart of the general goal of keeping her safe and protected from Henry. Kenna was perfectly self-sufficient, and even got them their first property and actual independent income. Again, it was Kenna (as we were told, because we can't have actual Kennash scenes) who suggested Bash becomes Francis' deputy. And while Bash had no problem taking on this responsibility (why would he? he has been doing this job long time before it was actually made an official position and he was doing it for free) because it fits into his favorite pastimes (fighting, woods, occult, staying away from politics, stabbing people) having kids is a whole different world of responsibilities.

He simply doesn't know how to be responsible for someone else. He probably doesn't want to be responsible for someone else right now. Kids would mean he couldn't be blindly heroic anymore, he couldn't always do the right thing. While he knows Kenna will take care of herself when it comes to it, Kenna with little children will not have it that easy.
He spent way too much time as a lone man in the woods, and having responsibility towards his family probably scares him.

I think his fear of responsibility also played small part in his refusal of the duchy. It being too far from the court is ridiculous excuse.

Does this make sense?
All of this makes sense! This is why I love your tumblr meta :nods:

I think he does feel responsible for the people he loves, but that feeling of not-self-imposed obligation isn't pleasant, so he's not looking for more of it. (And Kenna was originally imposed on him by Henry.) Plus being bound to few people (Francis, Kenna) also means it's harder for him to get hurt (emotionally). Or maybe I'm just being a bit of a girl by saying that . . . But I do think once he had a kid, he would love it a lot, but he doesn't relish the responsibility or having other people that he owes as much of himself to or more as a wife.

If I were Kenna, I would be FAR angrier at him refusing the duchy than she was. That was literally the dumbest thing and the worst excuse ever to randomly bring Diane back to court.

Another side note: referring to a different fic in the works (MUCH FIC, SO WRITING), I wrote a Kenna who's willing to be fairly ruthless for her children. And I liked it. And Bash doesn't really get to run away from responsibility . . .
Old 05-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And she did care for him, though I actually think he may have cared more for her, since I really do believe her heart at least partly still belongs to Bash.
I always saw Renaude/Kenna as Renaude liking Kenna very much and slowly falling for her, and Kenna liking the potential of Renaude and of what they could have in the future. While Kenna liked and desired him, her heart still mostly belonged to Bash. She was moving on out of necessity, not because she wanted to.

Quote:
I've kind of always wanted some one-on-one Francis/Kenna interaction since they seemed like the ones fighting for their marriages and I found them more sympathetic than Mary and Bash, but have never gotten my wish and would probably only get it in some totally twisted way
Absolutely. I don't understand why we never had Kenna/Francis scene. From Francis talk with Claude, we know he likes Kenna and Kennash, but how did he get to know Kenna. Did Frary and Kennash used to have offscreen dinner double dates? Did they share occasionally little family breakfast?

I wanted Kenna/Francis scene so much when they were trying to salvage their relationships. I see how it could be problem due to Francis loyalty to Bash, but I sincerly believe that they could be excellent friends.

Quote:
But I do think once he had a kid, he would love it a lot,
I generally prefer my favorite couples to remain childless until the shows final episodes, but I wouldn't mind a Kennash baby. I believe that Bash would eventually be excellent and loving father, once he gets over the shock and fear, and I wouldn't mind seeing that on Reign.

Thanks to nannies, the kid wouldn't be constantly present and no one's storyline woud suffer for it. I like what they did with J-P and Lola, the baby is there, but it's not the center of Lola's storyline.

Quote:
If I were Kenna, I would be FAR angrier at him refusing the duchy than she was. That was literally the dumbest thing and the worst excuse ever to randomly bring Diane back to court.
Please, Kenna must be the most tolerant wife of them all. Can you imagine if some regular highborn lady were married to Bash when he refused the duchy? He would be poisoned by dinner. I don't know how Kenna got over it, because I still am not over it. I wish I could say it was Bash's peak of stupidity, but he had other great hits this season.

Quote:
Another side note: referring to a different fic in the works (MUCH FIC, SO WRITING), I wrote a Kenna who's willing to be fairly ruthless for her children. And I liked it. And Bash doesn't really get to run away from responsibility . .

You know Kenna would not mess around when it comes to her future children.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
Quote:
I think that there's one more reason for Bash not wanting kids. Responsibility.
Until recently, Bash had almost no responsibilities and definitely has not been responsible for anyone.

He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and didn't have to think of future because his life didn't matter. I think Francis mentions to Mary back in s1 that their upbringing was quite different. Bash has never been responsible for anyone, and when growing up, I doubt anyone spent much time creating a sense or feeling of responsibility towards anyone and not even generally.

He got to do what he wanted and when he wanted. As long as he remained Henry's good little playmate all was good.

Even after he married Kenna, he didn't show much concern for their future apart of the general goal of keeping her safe and protected from Henry. Kenna was perfectly self-sufficient, and even got them their first property and actual independent income. Again, it was Kenna (as we were told, because we can't have actual Kennash scenes) who suggested Bash becomes Francis' deputy. And while Bash had no problem taking on this responsibility (why would he? he has been doing this job long time before it was actually made an official position and he was doing it for free) because it fits into his favorite pastimes (fighting, woods, occult, staying away from politics, stabbing people) having kids is a whole different world of responsibilities.

He simply doesn't know how to be responsible for someone else. He probably doesn't want to be responsible for someone else right now. Kids would mean he couldn't be blindly heroic anymore, he couldn't always do the right thing. While he knows Kenna will take care of herself when it comes to it, Kenna with little children will not have it that easy.
He spent way too much time as a lone man in the woods, and having responsibility towards his family probably scares him.

I think his fear of responsibility also played small part in his refusal of the duchy. It being too far from the court is ridiculous excuse.

Does this make sense?
All of this makes sense! This is why I love your tumblr meta

I think he does feel responsible for the people he loves, but that feeling of not-self-imposed obligation isn't pleasant, so he's not looking for more of it. (And Kenna was originally imposed on him by Henry.) Plus being bound to few people (Francis, Kenna) also means it's harder for him to get hurt (emotionally). Or maybe I'm just being a bit of a girl by saying that . . . But I do think once he had a kid, he would love it a lot, but he doesn't relish the responsibility or having other people that he owes as much of himself to or more as a wife.

Bash is only at the castle by the favour of the king. I can just see Henry finding another lover and casting Diane and hence Bash out of the castle for a few month or years in his childhood. So Bash always feels like he's not worth anything. Also, Henry wouldn't have imposed any responsibility on the boy nor educated him in subjects like he would have done for Francis as the Dauphin. I'm sure that if he didn't find Bash amusing as a companion, he could have kicked him out even if he had kept Diane around.

As for the duchy, perhaps Bash didn't want to deal with the politics of it all. When you're a duc, you tend to have more politics to manage than if you were a baron. I'm still not over Diane finding out about the land before Kenna.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I always saw Renaude/Kenna as Renaude liking Kenna very much and slowly falling for her, and Kenna liking the potential of Renaude and of what they could have in the future. While Kenna liked and desired him, her heart still mostly belonged to Bash. She was moving on out of necessity, not because she wanted to.
She was looking for someone to fall for because her marriage has an expiration date. Renaude was a practical choice that she found attractive and who fell for her.

Quote:
Absolutely. I don't understand why we never had Kenna/Francis scene. From Francis talk with Claude, we know he likes Kenna and Kennash, but how did he get to know Kenna. Did Frary and Kennash used to have offscreen dinner double dates? Did they share occasionally little family breakfast?

I wanted Kenna/Francis scene so much when they were trying to salvage their relationships. I see how it could be problem due to Francis loyalty to Bash, but I sincerly believe that they could be excellent friends.
My baes. I hope so! But we never see anything light-hearted with any of them onscreen - any lightheartedness they have is with other characters (Lola, Greer before she got banished from court, etc.).

Quote:
Thanks to nannies, the kid wouldn't be constantly present and no one's storyline woud suffer for it. I like what they did with J-P and Lola, the baby is there, but it's not the center of Lola's storyline.
That's the upside of them being 16th century nobles! Of course, the downsides include plague and religious wars.

I expect that would be the case for a Kennash baby as well, though I imagine Kenna might dote on it a bit more than Lola with JP because she's not being stalked by Narcisse and would presumably not be seeking another man at that point since (I hope) Bash would put the kibosh on an annulment, so might have fewer storylines than Lola. Unless the writers start using her more wisely.

Quote:
Please, Kenna must be the most tolerant wife of them all. Can you imagine if some regular highborn lady were married to Bash when he refused the duchy? He would be poisoned by dinner. I don't know how Kenna got over it, because I still am not over it. I wish I could say it was Bash's peak of stupidity, but he had other great hits this season.
Yeah, I'm not over it either. Fic is my wish fulfillment.

Quote:

You know Kenna would not mess around when it comes to her future children.
She is fierce af. She will COME FOR YOU if you mess with her babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Bash is only at the castle by the favour of the king. I can just see Henry finding another lover and casting Diane and hence Bash out of the castle for a few month or years in his childhood. So Bash always feels like he's not worth anything. Also, Henry wouldn't have imposed any responsibility on the boy nor educated him in subjects like he would have done for Francis as the Dauphin. I'm sure that if he didn't find Bash amusing as a companion, he could have kicked him out even if he had kept Diane around.

As for the duchy, perhaps Bash didn't want to deal with the politics of it all. When you're a duc, you tend to have more politics to manage than if you were a baron. I'm still not over Diane finding out about the land before Kenna.
Except IDK that Henry would actively bother with kicking Bash out if he didn't find him amusing. He'd probably just ignore him. Diane might send him off to her relatives or something. I'm thinking it's more that whenever Diane got packed off or got angry/jealous and left court, Bash had to leave with her. He wasn't important on his own until he was old enough to amuse Henry.

Yeah, Diane finding out about the duchy before Kenna is ridiculous - Diane and Bash were already estranged and they frankly didn't seem that close to me even before that.

True that there would probably more politics to deal with. And just more people, lands, etc. But Kenna could totally deal with the politics for him, if he actually confided in her.

Last edited by icygrace; 05-12-2015 at 05:52 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Whoo! I love all the discussion. It was fun catching up!

I agree that the Bash kid thing is most likely responsibility..like someone mentioned he has always been able to do what he wanted when he wanted and didn't care about titles because he could care less about the politics or responsibility..which is probably why he didn't take the Dutche and gave it to his mom...(ugh).

I could be totally wrong but I don't think Delphine is going to be able to have mind control over Bash, I think bash is just going to be very indifferent with Kenna for awhile, D may be able to have a big influence on him but I'm hoping that's as far as it goes (and it doesn't last long) ..if Kenna is pregnant he can't annual the marriage so it will probably be a little sucky for us until Delphine is gone.

I also agree Bash has very low self worth ..because of how he was raised.... Bashs low self esteem caused him too walk away from his marriage when Kenna said "I want a nice life and someone to share it with". She meant that she wants her husband around and to have a family...but all Bash heard was "I want a title...I want money..you aren't good enough"...

Also yes Kenna didn't love GR I think she really likes him and genuinely cares for him and he treated her very well and was "safe", it's going to be tramatic for her to see him die, but when GR and Bash were fighting she saved Bash, Not her lover--who she wanted to start a new life with. As far as Bash and Delphine go, I think he is drawn to her because they have common interests and she welcomed him with open arms, and Bash is always looking for acceptance...but with that he looked scared as hell when she brought up kids, and was a bit distant after that...so I think all that means good things (eventually) for Kennash.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-12-2015 at 06:58 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

In preparation for tomorrow, I watched few past episodes tonight!
Something crossed my mind...
We saw in the past Kenna putting her hand on her stomach few times...
Could it be possible that she knows she is pregnant (and with Bash baby) but preferred not to say something to avoid losing chances to find a new husband?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

so much discussion here. Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Whoo! I love all the discussion. It was fun catching up!

I agree that the Bash kid thing is most likely responsibility..like someone mentioned he has always been able to do what he wanted when he wanted and didn't care about titles because he could care less about the politics or responsibility..which is probably why he didn't take the Dutche and gave it to his mom...(ugh).

I could be totally wrong but I don't think Delphine is going to be able to have mind control over Bash, I think bash is just going to be very indifferent with Kenna for awhile, D may be able to have a big influence on him but I'm hoping that's as far as it goes (and it doesn't last long) ..if Kenna is pregnant he can't annual the marriage so it will probably be a little sucky for us until Delphine is gone.

I also agree Bash has very low self worth ..because of how he was raised.... Bashs low self esteem caused him too walk away from his marriage when Kenna said "I want a nice life and someone to share it with". She meant that she wants her husband around and to have a family...but all Bash heard was "I want a title...I want money..you aren't good enough"...
I think what sealed the deal for him to end things with kenna was the fact that he was going to be left by his wife for a king (antoine). His previous love chose the future king of france, his current wife used to be a mistress of the king, and this other guy is a king of navarre. He can never be that and it feeds into his thinking that he's simply not good enough. Kings or bastards?

Was it really a dutcy he gave away to his mom? I wasn't really paying attention during that episode tbh, sorry. And what happens now to those lands he took back from his mother, and the rest of the properties his mother used to own now that she's dead?

Last edited by agentniki; 05-12-2015 at 08:34 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentniki (View Post)

I think what sealed the deal for him to end things with kenna was the fact that he was going to be left by his wife for a king (antoine). His previous love chose the future king of france, his current wife used to be a mistress of the king, and this other guy is a king of navarre. He can never be that and it feeds into his thinking that he's still not good enough. Kings or bastards?
Right! Agreed, it was his low self esteem. When ever he found the letter Antione left and was asking Kenna about it he sounded so desperate..He assumed she wouldn't wagnt to work things out.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-12-2015 at 08:51 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I think what sealed the deal for him to end things with kenna was the fact that he was going to be left by his wife for a king (antoine). His previous love chose the future king of france, his current wife used to be a mistress of the king, and this other guy is a king of navarre. He can never be that and it feeds into his thinking that he's still not good enough. Kings or bastards?
I have been mad at him for most of the season, but now I want to hug him.

I mean, I also want to shake him for not communicating with Kenna until that dance and then just walking out when he confronted her with the letter and she fessed up about what it meant, but . . . poor bb.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

same here grace, now that I'm over being mad I think I feel bad for him...but yes he needs a good shaking! Go make up with your wife!!!! Look what hiding in the woods got you, a crazy witch girlfriend.

And I'm not sure what happens to the lands his mother had...I thought only legitimate children could inherit them...but what do I know?

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-12-2015 at 08:53 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Was it really a dutcy he gave away to his mom? I wasn't really paying attention during that episode tbh, sorry. And what happens now to those lands he took back from his mother, and the rest of the properties his mother used to own now that she's dead?
No, he didn't give a duchy to Diane. He turned down a duchy and Diane knowing that Kenna would have wanted it, rubbed her nose in it. Bash only gave an estate to Diane that were on their lands. Again still mad at Bash over that since his mother knew before Kenna did. That is not how one conducts one's affairs and expect to remain married! So with Bash on this!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread