Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I also think if Kenna ends up being pregnant (after he is out from under Delphine's spell) he would be excited after he got over the shock.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for the recap. If it's bad for Kennash maybe I won't watch the episode.

Just kidding. I'm too curious about it.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haha! Im not really expecting sunshine and roses, but I am expecting and hoping for some progression in their storyline.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, after lurking around since January, I finally decided to join the discussion ... and I haven't got much to add. The Delphine revelation messed with all of my theories, and I can't imagine what will happen next.
I do wish Kenna's secret weren't about pregnancy, but I can't think of any other thing that would seal their fate.
That said I'm very optimistic about Kennash future. The show can't really afford to loose the second most popular ship, not with those ratings, and between Renaude and Delphine, the show has already began the groundwork for a reunion. So no matter what will happen in 2x22, I remain optimistic.

Is anyone else confused by Kenna's presence during Renaude's execution? I hope it's not enchanted!Bash's way of punishing Kenna. I'm mostly imagining worst case scenarios right now.

Also, I wonder if Delphine will be able to 'seal the deal' with Bash. Magically, and sexually. That one bts photo makes me think that Delphine will try to seduce Bash, almost succeed, but the little catholic/protestant conflict will get between them in the last possible moment.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
That's the part I like the most.

And I agree that it was quite the shock for him to learn that she moved on too.

But...
Why would he have the right to move on and not her?
What was he expecting?
He called it off... He is the one that said marriage was over...
He then just disappeared in the woods with Delphine, even not discussing with Kenna...
And now he is sad/surprised that she made a move with Renaude?
Hum... Selfish reaction...
Old 05-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome! Glad to have more shippers. I am very optimistic as well. . Weren't hangings public? I think Kenna just may be there I say goodbye and because it's a public event....
Can I ask where you saw the behind the scenes pictures?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
But...
Why would he have the right to move on and not her?
What was he expecting?
He called it off... He is the one that said marriage was over...
He then just disappeared in the woods with Delphine, even not discussing with Kenna...
And now he is sad/surprised that she made a move with Renaude?
Hum... Selfish reaction...
I don't think he expected her not too or is mad about it at all... he was just surprised about he FELT in general when it actually happened.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-12-2015 at 02:44 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 02:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
Maybe what she meant by that is that the priority is Bash's needs < Kenna's needs < the needs of the kingdom and random strangers he is/makes himself responsible for. So I am dealing with this right now in trying to write a new fic and I think in the past it was a combination of not having anything to give children + having seen Isobel die. At least, that's what he tells himself. Really, I think a big part of it is (also) what Alice says . . . he's not ready to have kids because he has other priorities that, as it is, he already prioritizes over Kenna. Kids would just be more people to disappoint. So I think it's a combination of the 3 until he gets his title and lands and then it's the other 2. But I think Delphine freaks him out with the children vision both because their relationship is so new and he's still married to Kenna and I think he's probably just been surprised that when Kenna tells him she's moved on, he's not relieved like he expected he would be. Perhaps he's realized he's not as ready and willing to let her go as he thought he was and being told Delphine is his "fate" is kind of terrifying. Perhaps he even realizes that, while he may not want kids, if he's going to end up having them anyway, he'd want Kenna to be their mother and not Delphine. And then Delphine does her freaky binding ritual thing . . .

Okay Icygrace, get started on your fanfic.....every one that I have read, are fantastic . They are on point and well written....I enjoy them so much, sometimes more than the writing on our show....thanks to all of you!!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Welcome! Glad to have more shippers. I am very optimistic as well. . Weren't hangings public? I think Kenna just may be there I say goodbye and because it's a public event....
Can I ask where you saw the behind the scenes pictures?
Thanks.
It's true that hangings used to be a spectacle, but I find it strange that Kenna would attend even to say goodbye since, as we saw in 2x21, she can visit Renaude in his cell.

I'm sure you saw that picture too. I think it was posted on Twitter by Fred Gerber. It's the Bash with his shirt undone photo. It always seemed to me as if he were in the middle of making out when he was interrupted by soldiers telling him of some deputy situation that demands his immediate attention.

If I may vent a little bit, I'm so infuriated right now. A new companion book for Reign came out today, and I got it on Kindle, because I had a gift card and I'm actual pathetic and desperate shipper and the Kindle version was kinda cheap when I preordered it, and the book had everything we ever wanted from and for Kennash. Bickering Kennash, sexy Kennash, caring and protective Bash.

And most important of all, Kenna joined Bash on his deputy business, and was actually helpful. It was amazing, and I wanna know why we had no Kennash storylines whatsoever, and then jumped right into out of nowhere and over the top angst, when we could have Kennash working together all along.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah yes, I know what you are talking about! Hopefully Dash don't sleep together.
I just want Delphine gone fast, especially since she is evil.
EDIT: I could see Kenna going as comfort for GR too so he doesn't feel so alone. (Poor Kenna).

I need to read those books, maybe those writers should take over the show.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-12-2015 at 02:59 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 03:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)
Thanks. It's true that hangings used to be a spectacle, but I find it strange that Kenna would attend even to say goodbye since, as we saw in 2x21, she can visit Renaude in his cell. I'm sure you saw that picture too. I think it was posted on Twitter by Fred Gerber. It's the Bash with his shirt undone photo. It always seemed to me as if he were in the middle of making out when he was interrupted by soldiers telling him of some deputy situation that demands his immediate attention. If I may vent a little bit, I'm so infuriated right now. A new companion book for Reign came out today, and I got it on Kindle, because I had a gift card and I'm actual pathetic and desperate shipper and the Kindle version was kinda cheap when I preordered it, and the book had everything we ever wanted from and for Kennash. Bickering Kennash, sexy Kennash, caring and protective Bash. And most important of all, Kenna joined Bash on his deputy business, and was actually helpful. It was amazing, and I wanna know why we had no Kennash storylines whatsoever, and then jumped right into out of nowhere and over the top angst, when we could have Kennash working together all along.

This is what I wanted for the Bash and Kenna relationship. They could have been Medieval detectives. They have a fun and funny sense of humor, and I think it would have been very successful ......It could have been a parallel storyline to the main theme......their relationship could have organically grown.... Instead of what we have now....

May I have the name of that book..., please?
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly, I know that TV couples can't stay together and happy for long with out bumps in the road but the way they separated was ridiculous. Especially since we didn't get many happy scenes with them before hand.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Ah yes, I know what you are talking about! I hope Dash don't sleep together. I just want Delphine gone fast, especially since she is evil.

I need to read those books, maybe those writers should take over the show.
The new book is actually really good. Or I'm just desperately starved for happy Kennash and Kenna.
I don't really care if they sleep together or not, as long as it has no consequences. I mean no pregnancy, and no sex binding spells.

Quote:
So I am dealing with this right now in trying to write a new fic and I think in the past it was a combination of not having anything to give children + having seen Isobel die. At least, that's what he tells himself. Really, I think a big part of it is (also) what Alice says . . . he's not ready to have kids because he has other priorities that, as it is, he already prioritizes over Kenna. Kids would just be more people to disappoint. So I think it's a combination of the 3 until he gets his title and lands and then it's the other 2.
New fic!
I think that there's one more reason for Bash not wanting kids. Responsibility.
Until recently, Bash had almost no responsibilities and definitely has not been responsible for anyone.

He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and didn't have to think of future because his life didn't matter. I think Francis mentions to Mary back in s1 that their upbringing was quite different. Bash has never been responsible for anyone, and when growing up, I doubt anyone spent much time creating a sense or feeling of responsibility towards anyone and not even generally.

He got to do what he wanted and when he wanted. As long as he remained Henry's good little playmate all was good.

Even after he married Kenna, he didn't show much concern for their future apart of the general goal of keeping her safe and protected from Henry. Kenna was perfectly self-sufficient, and even got them their first property and actual independent income. Again, it was Kenna (as we were told, because we can't have actual Kennash scenes) who suggested Bash becomes Francis' deputy. And while Bash had no problem taking on this responsibility (why would he? he has been doing this job long time before it was actually made an official position and he was doing it for free) because it fits into his favorite pastimes (fighting, woods, occult, staying away from politics, stabbing people) having kids is a whole different world of responsibilities.

He simply doesn't know how to be responsible for someone else. He probably doesn't want to be responsible for someone else right now. Kids would mean he couldn't be blindly heroic anymore, he couldn't always do the right thing. While he knows Kenna will take care of herself when it comes to it, Kenna with little children will not have it that easy.
He spent way too much time as a lone man in the woods, and having responsibility towards his family probably scares him.

I think his fear of responsibility also played small part in his refusal of the duchy. It being too far from the court is ridiculous excuse.

Does this make sense?

EDIT:
Quote:
May I have the name of that book..., please?
It's Reign: Hysteria
Not sure if the Mary/Francis/Frary chapters were as satisfactory since I focused mostly on Kenna/Kennash. It's set before 2x09 so the amount of Frary angst is bearable.

Last edited by unstableharpy; 05-12-2015 at 03:39 PM
Old 05-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

If I may vent a little bit, I'm so infuriated right now. A new companion book for Reign came out today, and I got it on Kindle, because I had a gift card and I'm actual pathetic and desperate shipper and the Kindle version was kinda cheap when I preordered it, and the book had everything we ever wanted from and for Kennash. Bickering Kennash, sexy Kennash, caring and protective Bash.

And most important of all, Kenna joined Bash on his deputy business, and was actually helpful. It was amazing, and I wanna know why we had no Kennash storylines whatsoever, and then jumped right into out of nowhere and over the top angst, when we could have Kennash working together all along.
At first... Welcome!

Are you talking about "Hysteria"? Because I couldn't find another book that was released today. I got my Kindle version today too after I had read the other books. I already loved the Kennash scenes in "The Prophecy".

EDIT

Okay, I was too slow in writing. So it is "Hysteria". I haven't read it yet but what you wrote about it sounds amazing for my shipper heart.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hi, after lurking around since January, I finally decided to join the discussion ... and I haven't got much to add. The Delphine revelation messed with all of my theories, and I can't imagine what will happen next.
I do wish Kenna's secret weren't about pregnancy, but I can't think of any other thing that would seal their fate.
That said I'm very optimistic about Kennash future. The show can't really afford to loose the second most popular ship, not with those ratings, and between Renaude and Delphine, the show has already began the groundwork for a reunion. So no matter what will happen in 2x22, I remain optimistic.

Is anyone else confused by Kenna's presence during Renaude's execution? I hope it's not enchanted!Bash's way of punishing Kenna. I'm mostly imagining worst case scenarios right now.

Also, I wonder if Delphine will be able to 'seal the deal' with Bash. Magically, and sexually. That one bts photo makes me think that Delphine will try to seduce Bash, almost succeed, but the little catholic/protestant conflict will get between them in the last possible moment.
Welcome to and to the KB couples thread! Did you find your way here from tumblr because I recall seeing the same user name there.

I hope that D and Bash don't "seal the deal" as it were. I was disappointed enough with Kenna sealing the deal with Renaude. Would upset me more if he did, too.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Closed Thread   Post New Thread