Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That's true I probably wouldn't have been very happy with TM is he got Angel to stake Darla again!

& I love that your gifset made people see things a bit differently
Old 10-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
That's true I probably wouldn't have been very happy with TM is he got Angel to stake Darla again!

& I love that your gifset made people see things a bit differently

Yeah, if that happened than Dangelus would have definitely been by default way better than what Dangel was. lol Because that's way too many betrayals from Angel. lol

I liked it to. lol I don't think a lot of people noticed that, and actually I think a lot of people forgot the Guise Will Be Guise episode. I know I sort of did since it was one of the episodes I didn't care for much.

I was sort of creating a alternative theory about his relationship with Buffy and that becomes most clear in the episode Guise Will Be Guise episode. Where The T'ish Magev is trying to help him (Angel) get over Darla, and he says “here’s what you need to do, go out, find a small blonde thing, better, break her heart and than leave her and that will help you get over Darla.” And so what I was kind of saying is oh, that whole undying eternal love that he had with Buffy. Buffy was actually the rebound chick, and that she was entirely the reaction to the real love of his life which was Darla. Because she created him for God sake. ~ tim minear

And Angel really couldn't reply much since he already did ever single thing that T'ish said. lol
The crazy thing is that it actually worked! Angel fell in love truly for the first time and got over Darla.
Which sort of makes Darla quote so relevant about how she said when he finds a new thing he believes he's some kind of God. lol
Old 10-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Interesting gifset.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Clearly Angel has a type. lol
Old 10-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It does make a lot of sense when you look at it all that way, because Angel didn't just fall for Buffy, it was an obsession - it kinda had to be, because Darla had made him Angelus, Angel didn't really know how to be someone else so he unknowingly was drawn to someone like her, to create his identity around again...
Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It does make a lot of sense when you look at it all that way, because Angel didn't just fall for Buffy, it was an obsession - it kinda had to be, because Darla had made him Angelus, Angel didn't really know how to be someone else so he unknowingly was drawn to someone like her, to create his identity around again...
Yup, it was written in a way where I actually do understand it... because it did take him over 100 years to truly fall in love or really see himself capable of being with another person. Darla was really the only person he could see himself with but the soul forced them apart.

With Buffy though, he sought her out first just like Darla sought him out first and he fell in love with Buffy when he was watching her out far, just like Darla knew Liam was her perfect match from a distance.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ Clearly Angel has a type. lol
That's for sure.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Although for me, Dangel was the pairing I enjoyed the most but I was actually liking Buffy/Angel season 1/2 and a bit of season 3 of BTVS but once I learned of more of the Angel/Darla history, things were different!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Just goes to show how history can change things at times.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Just goes to show how history can change things at times.
Yeah and thankfully Angel got his own series!
Old 10-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That was great.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh yeah, I really don't think I'd think much of Angel if we had just some him on btvs
Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was a huge fan of Angel on BTVS however I do believe eventually I would have felt he didn't have any purpose since he didn't seem to have a mind of his own when he had a soul.
I really became an Angel fan during season 3 though.

But for the first few seasons I watched out of order. All the episodes on UPN I definitely watched live but before that I watched out of order, one day I can be watching a season 3 episode and than I'll be watching a season 1 episode. lol

So Spike/Buffy was my first ship ever! (In the history of ships) that I loved together and that was during their hatred period and I loved Angel/Faith and I liked the potential of Xander/Buffy. lol
I started liking Buffy/Angel in the episode titled "Angel" and really didn't think much of Darla.

So it was when Angel got his series when everything changed! and even with the Angel series, it took me awhile to watch it because I just was watching everything all over the place. lol

Old 10-29-2018, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Idk, he was alright - & the Angelus storyline was amazing, but it took a long time for him to get some real depth imo. I agree that season 3 was when they really started developing him. I wasn't really a fan of Bangel, so I found him boring when all his scenes used to be about her
Old 10-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Idk, he was alright - & the Angelus storyline was amazing, but it took a long time for him to get some real depth imo. I agree that season 3 was when they really started developing him. I wasn't really a fan of Bangel, so I found him boring when all his scenes used to be about her
And that's why I think I started liking him more in season 3 because it seemed he was slowly becoming a better character. lol
But I felt with Sunnydale, he really had ties with only Buffy and nothing else. Him moving helped him get his first real friends, and have a real purpose with his soul.
And of course we got to see his relationship with Darla and their reunion which brought their son, Connor!

Angel staying in Sunnydale would've been a huge mistake...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread