Elite Fan

They would be unexpected.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Unexpected is (almost) always good!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

It's always good if theres subtle buildup to look back on. Then it's beautiful.
I hate totally random, like Jackie/Fez.

I hate how it's like, LP are gonna be endgame because they've been there since pilot. LP are cute, but I find it soo lame when writers do that.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

LP are pretty much my favourite couple.
But I really do understand what you mean about couples being assumed to be endgame from the very beginning -it's really annoying. I have a couple GG annoyances.
I like that things have been left open for now on TBBT.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

I meant Leonard/Penny not Lucas/Peyton.
I have no opinions on OTH couples.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe the writers will pull a Dawson's Creek. Weren't Dawson/Joey supposed to be endgame on that show? The popularity of Pacey/Joey killed that plan, didn't it? [Or was I misinformed?]
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

No, that happened.
Thats what I'm hoping happens on GG.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
I meant Leonard/Penny not Lucas/Peyton.
I have no opinions on OTH couples.
That makes more sense. Sorry, I just automatically associate LP with OTH.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh my, I am a big lurker on TBBT thread and a HUGE P/S shipper and please add me to the list! I love them! So glad they have a couple thread!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Omg your icon!!!!
You're my freaking hero!!!!!!

It's ok Coconut, I hardly consider Leonard/Penny a real ship.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's always good if theres subtle buildup to look back on. Then it's beautiful.
I hate totally random, like Jackie/Fez.
Agreed. Unexpected (truly unexpected) is never really good in my opinion. When a relationship in a show or book comes out of no where, with no hints or character development, it's almost impossible to be emotionally attached to the relationship imo. In this case however, Penny/Sheldon are unexpected because of Sheldon's questionable asexuality and the fact that the writers are clearly intending that Leonard and Penny are endgame. Penny/Sheldon do have enough interaction and amazing moments filled with chemistry together that it is possible for viewers to become emotionally attached, despite any "unconventionality" the couple depicts.

Quote:
I hate how it's like, LP are gonna be endgame because they've been there since pilot. LP are cute, but I find it soo lame when writers do that.
I completely understand what you mean about writers planning a couple from the beginning of the series, and sticking to their original plan. I find it lame because imo a really good writer doesn't force their characters to do anything based off a decision they made a few years ago, rather they listen to their characters, and let the characters decide which direction they should go in, and which direction makes the most sense, or would be best for the characters.

I did find Leonard/Penny cute in the beginning, and I was rooting for them, and thought any mention of Penny/Sheldon becoming romantic was ridiculous, but after L/P had their first date, I lost interest. Their relationship was barely mentioned after that, and Penny spent more time communicating with Sheldon about more personal matters than with Leonard (eg. the episode where he finds her sobbing outside her door and awkwardly invites her in, and then helping her with that computer game). I still find L/P cute and all, but I feel much more emotionally invested in the bizarre relationship P/S have, and I felt more excitement when Sheldon finally hugged Penny, than when Penny kissed Leonard for the - fifth-sixth? - time.

And I will close by saying, this thread needs more framegrabs of Penny/Sheldon goodness.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agreed. Unexpected (truly unexpected) is never really good in my opinion. When a relationship in a show or book comes out of no where, with no hints or character development, it's almost impossible to be emotionally attached to the relationship imo. In this case however, Penny/Sheldon are unexpected because of Sheldon's questionable asexuality and the fact that the writers are clearly intending that Leonard and Penny are endgame. Penny/Sheldon do have enough interaction and amazing moments filled with chemistry together that it is possible for viewers to become emotionally attached, despite any "unconventionality" the couple depicts.
Couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
I completely understand what you mean about writers planning a couple from the beginning of the series, and sticking to their original plan. I find it lame because imo a really good writer doesn't force their characters to do anything based off a decision they made a few years ago, rather they listen to their characters, and let the characters decide which direction they should go in, and which direction makes the most sense, or would be best for the characters.
I hate that. A true writer listens to their characters.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

So when did you all fall for Penny/Sheldon as a romantic couple? For me I think it was definitely during the Barbarian Sublimation. It was ADORABLE when Sheldon awkwardly invited Penny into his apartment when she was crying (he's learning!). I also like how Penny was only focused on him during the entire episode, as well as the innuendos Leonard heard when Penny was in Sheldon's bedroom late at night .
Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

When she rubbed his chest with Vapor Rub.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

I loved that episode.
Well first I really didn't care for the show, it just felt like oooh the nerds and the hot dumb girl, but then all Penny/Sheldon scenes were just so interesting and so they made me like the show. I kind of figured they would never happen so I tried not to ship them but I always liked the idea of them, and when I saw a thread, I was like coming out of the SP loving closet.
I think that SP scenes make Penny look intelligent and not just a dumb blonde, I kind of feel the LP scenes do that.
I loved the episode where Sheldon goes to visit penny and keeps bringing her fruitcake as a gift to be allowed to enter.
And when he picks his seat in her apartment.
I love small things, like he has her number, and they go grocery shopping together, and she sends him cat emails that bug him,

Angela; tumblr;
Closed Thread   Post New Thread