airali_glo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You mean AkiMax? Aww
Old 02-21-2023, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Another day of me remembering how Serenate was treated like BS despite being called The Golden Couple by co-creator Stephanie Savage.

Like... What is wrong with these writers? Why did they give Dan Humphrey almost everything he wanted? The guy was stalking everyone the entire time. He deserved nothing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Another day of me remembering how Serenate was treated like BS despite being called The Golden Couple by co-creator Stephanie Savage.

Like... What is wrong with these writers? Why did they give Dan Humphrey almost everything he wanted? The guy was stalking everyone the entire time. He deserved nothing.
that was all promotion unfortunately
Old 02-22-2023, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The Golden Couple who had more history than all the other relationships in the show, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
You mean AkiMax? Aww
Yes, together with NS, but Akimax more

Old 02-23-2023, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

really unfortunate
Old 02-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
that was all promotion unfortunately
So true, and it's why I never trust easy anymore because her words proved that talk is cheap.

Also, they were friends with Penn Badgley before the show began, so that says everything.

If not for Chair endgame, Gossip Girl would've been one of my greatest disappointments of all time, together with LOST and One Tree Hill.

Oh and TVD. Haven't forgiven Enzo/Bonnie or Tyler/Caroline or Jeremy/Anna OR Stefan/Elena.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2023, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
So true, and it's why I never trust easy anymore because her words proved that talk is cheap.

Also, they were friends with Penn Badgley before the show began, so that says everything.

If not for Chair endgame, Gossip Girl would've been one of my greatest disappointments of all time, together with LOST and One Tree Hill.

Oh and TVD. Haven't forgiven Enzo/Bonnie or Tyler/Caroline or Jeremy/Anna OR Stefan/Elena.
I agree so much omg the ending of LOST was a lost cause I am glad we at least got our beautiful CB, which was crertain anyways but the journey was very bumpy I'd love to have my NJBC endgame, I think that'd have been the best ending ever...
Old 03-07-2023, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ The Jate/Skate mutual hatred in the fandoms took up so much of that period and divided the entire fandom. I remember non-shippers being very angry that the writers kept going back and forth on that. As a Skate fan, I think it's disgusting that they went from calling Sawyer "Kate's definitive choice" in 3x06 to suddenly having her jealous of Jack/Juliet by the end of the season. Those writers had their main female character hero-worship the doctor character & they couldn't separate that from romance; an absolute sick joke.

As for C/B, I'm relieved they got the happy ending. Watching Chuck smile in those finale scenes with Henry is something he deserved for a long, long time. He never looked happier, and Blair looked so proud of him when she's fixing his tie. They may have been the craziest, most drama-filled couple, but the ending proved that they could show mature love for each other when it mattered.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2023, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
If not for Chair endgame, Gossip Girl would've been one of my greatest disappointments of all time,
Like it has been for me, instead and also in the reboot, since even if it wasn't cancelled, the throuple would have been endgame because Safran clearly said it.

Old 03-08-2023, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I never cared for the reboot but I'm very sorry for you, I know what it's like to invest in something then find out it's cancelled. A show called 'Spinning Out' starring Kaya Scodelario aired during lockdown on Netflix and was a great family drama/ice skating show but it didn't even make it past one season. I was gutted, mostly because I adored the Kat/Justin relationship and felt it deserved more. People were furious and got a petition going but nothing came of it.

As for Gossip Girl, I still can't believe Serena ended up with her ultimate stalker. She and Nate clearly had soulmate vibes... It was a no-brainer.

Although I'm actually convinced that Blake and Penn's romance at the time HEAVILY influenced the Derena writing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-08-2023, 09:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Serena and Nate are the ultimate star-crossed lovers.
Old 03-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Nate was always crazy about Serena, plus I'm convinced it was mutual and that was a huge reason why she disappeared for so long pre-Pilot. She couldn't be around him because she figured it would still be him and Blair together and she couldn't stomach watching that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-08-2023, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I never cared for the reboot but I'm very sorry for you, I know what it's like to invest in something then find out it's cancelled.
The reboot wrote my ship so poorly, because even if that throuple was meant to happen from the start, at least they could have wrote the two of them better. They just used them to lure people with the mlm thing, but after 1A...gone. Not to mention S2. I'm sure it wouldn't have gone better at all in S3 or more, still I miss them and I'm angry for the potential wasted.

Quote:
Although I'm actually convinced that Blake and Penn's romance at the time HEAVILY influenced the Derena writing.
I don't think so, DS were supposed to be the endgame couple from the start apparently, like even Safran said it again recently that it was in the writers' mind from the start.

Serena's daddy issues unfortunately didn't let her accept Nate's love. She never believed she was good enough to be loved and that she was enough, beautiful just the way she was and not someone who had to change or be fixed or a terrible person.

Quote:
plus I'm convinced it was mutual and that was a huge reason why she disappeared for so long pre-Pilot. She couldn't be around him because she figured it would still be him and Blair together and she couldn't stomach watching that.
Which is exactly what happens in the books, too bad they changed it in the tv show after the first episodes.

Old 03-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
I don't think so, DS were supposed to be the endgame couple from the start apparently, like even Safran said it again recently that it was in the writers' mind from the start.
This irritates me, because it confirms my suspicion when watching the DVD features that the writers had an obsession with Penn Badgley (basically the only one of the ensemble who had been in other stuff, so he was considered ~The Star~) and would give him anything he wanted provided he stayed on the show... He said himself that Dan was supposed to have vastly different traits (such as chain-smoking) but he was allowed to intervene and make the decisions himself. I just get SUCH bad vibes from a show that allows one of its main actors to dictate the evolution of his role. To have that much power pretty much places you as untouchable compared to the rest of the cast.

I'm also annoyed because D/S had nothing going for it other than Dan's bizarre obsession with stalking someone he had NEVER met or spoken to in real life. Why do writers want this creepy type of falling in love story arc promoted on teenage shows?

All of Serena's interesting points lay with the Core Four - Nate, Blair and Chuck. Her history was with them. I would've gladly watched a show about them, just them. Cannot say the same for the Humphrey family

Quote:
Serena's daddy issues unfortunately didn't let her accept Nate's love. She never believed she was good enough to be loved and that she was enough, beautiful just the way she was and not someone who had to change or be fixed or a terrible person.
If she had reiterated this to him throughout the final seasons then I could've understood it. But her transition back to Dan ruins the whole thing because unfortunately it just made it look like he was the one she really wanted all along and she had lied to Nate about her feelings in season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Reply   Post New Thread