Ray/Neela (ER) #1: Because it's *their* apartment

Welcome to the Ray and Neela Appreciation Thread #1

*Important Links*

ER Board - Ray/Neela Thread
Online Petition
MySpace - Save Reela
LJ - Ray/Neela
YouTube - Save Reela Trailer
PM or post here for more links (Save Reela Campaign Website)

*Supporters*

sharstarz07
GuyanaBelle
joshuazgirl128
blueschild007
irishghost
theirishgirl
bryangreenbergfan
Leona1986
caro_fk
vaughany
SunKissedFan
dshortklutz
jem2x
DreamWalker

Campaigning Banner:

(credit to simren at Save Reela Online)

*Ways to Help*

1. Sign the online petition:
Save the Roomies-Save the World Petition

2. Sign the pledge that you will mail in the Reela campaign materials to NBC
The Save Reela Mail In Campaign Petition (remember, the mail in is just as crucial as signing the online petition, simply because NBC can claim the same 20 people are signing...it's just an excuse from them)

3. Send a letter, the banner provided, and a roommates wanted ad to:

Mr. John Wells
"ER" Executive Producer
c/o Warner Bros. Studios
4000 Warner Blvd. Building 1
Burbank, CA 91522

Now, you can e-mail SaveReela@yahoo.com with your letter to save Reela until June 30, 2007 and we'll put it all together in snail mail Include your name, town/city and e-mail address. Please send them in! We've made it easy

4. Spread the word! Post on your blog, your MySpace, your YouTube, anywhere! Get FIVE of your friends/family to sign the petition and send in campaign materials. (the rule of 5---if 5 of you do so, we get 25 people involved)

5. Keep visiting here or the MySpace page for further updates

To be an extra cool Reela campaign member:

1. Upload Edwin's video on your own YouTube account or link his vid: YouTube - The Save Reela Trailer!! to your website or blog.

2. Make your own creative Reela stuff!

3. Be active! We want to hear your ideas!! In fact, we're desperate for any new ideas you might have. We're all in this together!

Sincerely,

sharstarz07

*Sample Letter*

To whom it may concern:

My name is ____________. (You may want to include age--especially if you are in the target demographic--- and if you are a Nielsen's viewer) I have been a loyal viewer of ER for the last_______. This letter concerns the Reela storyline. As a devoted fan, I would like to express my disappointment in the development of the Neela/Ray relationship. I was drawn into the show by the charismatic presence of both_________. (You may want to add your personal storyline of how you came to like Reela) I have read in reputable sources such as TVGuide that Shane West will not return next year as a series regular. I am extremely upset by that decision. However, I believe there is a strong possibility at least for guest appearances by Mr. West. As a result, I write to ensure that we do receive those appearances and the happy ending many of us Reela fans have wanted from the beginning. I would like to encourage the ER writers and the NBC network to take the time to give many of us loyal fans what we ask---that two characters that I have invested time and energy at the end of the show be happy and together, given that Season 14 is likely the last season.

Sincerely,

(credit to courtney at Save Reela Online)

*PM or post here for more details including the Save Reela Campaign Website*

Just noticed there wasn't a Ray/Neela thread, so just made one. Enjoy posting! I'm not sure how to start this, but will add vids/fic/other stuff as time comes

Last edited by sharstarz07; 07-12-2007 at 11:24 AM
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Cool, thanks! I was planning on opening one since you mentioned it, but I had a class this morning (...and reading last night ). Anyway, I'll try to post stuff a little later to have the opening both pretty and informative about the campaign.

I do have a couple of simple banners on hand already if you want to add those until we get something permanant.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyanaBelle (View Post)
Cool, thanks! I was planning on opening one since you mentioned it, but I had a class this morning (...and reading last night ). Anyway, I'll try to post stuff a little later to have the opening both pretty and informative about the campaign.

I do have a couple of simple banners on hand already if you want to add those until we get something permanant.
Yup. Feel free to post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I was just at my banners and my 2nd one is messed up, so I can just make another from from scratch. As for the other one, it was one of those "Save Reela" ones that was for the campaign. If you want, we can use that for now.

Welcome to the Ray and Neela Appreciation Thread #1

*Important Links*

ER Board - Ray/Neela Thread
Online Petition
MySpace - Save Reela
LJ - Ray/Neela
YouTube - Save Reela Trailer
PM or post here for more links (Save Reela Campaign Website)

*Supporters*

sharstarz07
GuyanaBelle

Campaigning Banner:

*Ways to Help*

1. Sign the online petition:
Save the Roomies-Save the World Petition

2. Sign the pledge that you will mail in the Reela campaign materials to NBC
The Save Reela Mail In Campaign Petition (remember, the mail in is just as crucial as signing the online petition, simply because NBC can claim the same 20 people are signing...it's just an excuse from them)

3. Send a letter, the banner provided, and a roommates wanted ad to:

Mr. John Wells
"ER" Executive Producer
c/o Warner Bros. Studios
4000 Warner Blvd. Building 1
Burbank, CA 91522

4. Spread the word! Post on your blog, your MySpace, your YouTube, anywhere! Get FIVE of your friends/family to sign the petition and send in campaign materials. (the rule of 5---if 5 of you do so, we get 25 people involved)

5. Keep visiting here or the MySpace page for further updates

To be an extra cool Reela campaign member:

1. Upload Edwin's video on your own YouTube account or link his vid: YouTube - The Save Reela Trailer!! to your website or blog.

2. Make your own creative Reela stuff!

3. Be active! We want to hear your ideas!! In fact, we're desperate for any new ideas you might have. We're all in this together!

Sincerely,

sharstarz07

*Sample Letter*

To whom it may concern:

My name is ____________. (You may want to include age--especially if you are in the target demographic--- and if you are a Nielsen's viewer) I have been a loyal viewer of ER for the last_______. This letter concerns the Reela storyline. As a devoted fan, I would like to express my disappointment in the development of the Neela/Ray relationship. I was drawn into the show by the charismatic presence of both_________. (You may want to add your personal storyline of how you came to like Reela) I have read in reputable sources such as TVGuide that Shane West will not return next year as a series regular. I am extremely upset by that decision. However, I believe there is a strong possibility at least for guest appearances by Mr. West. As a result, I write to ensure that we do receive those appearances and the happy ending many of us Reela fans have wanted from the beginning. I would like to encourage the ER writers and the NBC network to take the time to give many of us loyal fans what we ask---that two characters that I have invested time and energy at the end of the show be happy and together, given that Season 14 is likely the last season.

Sincerely,

(credit to courtney at Save Reela Online)

*PM or post here for more details including the Save Reela Campaign Website*

Last edited by Trip & Run; 06-25-2007 at 10:30 AM
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay!! Glad to see the Reela magic come here!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

So true! And branching out will only help the campaign!

ETA: sharstarz07: I already posted the thread to be added to the directory, so you don't have to!

Last edited by Trip & Run; 06-25-2007 at 10:21 AM
Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked watching these two over the past few years. Kinda ironic that it wasn't until their conversation by the window at Luka and Abby's wedding that I thought they seemed perfect for each other.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey there! I love Ray and Neela! Gorgeous post you made up GuyanaBelle! Could you add me to the supporters list please?
Visit DCook & AI
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GuyanaBelle - I added the Save Reela Campaign to the first post to liven it up. Im glad to see there is one out. Ray and Neela had one bum of and ending. I hope there story continues on.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

GuyanaBelle, THANKS a million!!! Oh, that looks so great! And thanks blueschild007, for putting it up in the first post.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Apologize for the double post
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ray and Neela had one bum of and ending. I hope there story continues on.
They'll get a good ending. ER usually gives most of its couples satisfying endings. Albeit, it's been a while because they're killing people now. But I had faith in Doug and Carol, and it paid off.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

irishghost, aww that's kind of sad. The same episode you think what a great couple they would be is the one where Ray gets into his accident. Then again, some of us have struggled for 3 years knowing how perfect they would be together only to have this awful ending! It just sucks to be a roomie fan right now, I guess.

Oh, and I like your positivity. My cynicism says that TPTB act like Ray and Neela were never a legitimate ship. I think all this leading up to them getting together makes them more worthy. Oh, well, I'm trying to keep the faith, too!

joshuazgirl128 Hey there yourself and thank you, but I must say that the only thing that I can attach my name to is the first banner. Everything else is either sharstarz07's words/campaign site or theirishgirl's sites, or Edwin's video or simren's winning banners, etc. It's all about teamwork, guys!

blueschild007: Thanks! It looks great and very lively! We are definitely trying to ensure that their story continues on. If not, I will be one sad little shipper in all of this, LOL.

sharstarz07: You're welcome, but I only took your stuff and others' works and copied it into my post! I think we'll be able to accomplish even more if we all continue with this teamwork.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
They'll get a good ending. ER usually gives most of its couples satisfying endings. Albeit, it's been a while because they're killing people now. But I had faith in Doug and Carol, and it paid off.
I hope you're right. They already amputated Ray's legs tho Can't trust them sometimes. Hopefully, the campaign will push them in the right direction...

GuyanaBelle: Extremely glad we're all a team

theirishgirl: I definitely don't think so! Generally, I think there are a lot more users on the Couples Board, so the extra publicity for the Roomies can't hurt I plan on posting at both places...

Last edited by sharstarz07; 06-25-2007 at 01:08 PM
Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay! Great stuff! Although will having another Reela thread slow down our Roomie thread? I hope not! Still the more people see us the better!
I’m actually looking in the mirror right now and I know that in 10 years, I won’t look like this. I’ll look 31, not 21. It’s our spirit that people will remember us for as time goes on and we grow older.-Nikki Blonsky
Closed Thread   Post New Thread