Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Absolute Fan

I love RichieKate aka Kichie, they're one of my favourite on-screen ships! I've always felt the relationship between Richie & Kate was a lot more complicated, intense, tumultuous and tragic compared to SethKate and RichieSantanico and they had so much more sexual chemistry & tension since the beginning all these reasons make the Kichie relationship much more interesting to me

I agree with you all that the lack of focus and interaction between Kichie in the finale was very disappointing, there was a lot of interaction between SethKate though, and I can't help but feel that the writers were just pandering to all the SethKate fans because Sethkate was the more popular ship at the time I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case because producers and writers often pander to fans and give them what they want in order to boost ratings. Similarly to what happened in ''Dawson's Creek', they actually filmed 2 different endings for that show, one ending for the Dawson & Joey couple and another for Pacy & Joey, and because Pacey & Joey were the more popular couple with fans they decided to air the Pacey & Joey ending. Another example is when Catherine & Steve broke up in 'Hawaii 5-0' because alot of fans hated their relationship and Catherine's character and wanted her off the show so the actress left, there are so many other examples too, it's quite common. But the problem with pandering to fans is that it can affect the quality of the writing, and Kichie is a prime example of how pandering to fans wishes can negatively impact the writing. Sure there were quite a lot of scenes between Madison and Zane in season 3, but most of those interactions were between Amaru and Richie, not Kate and Richie, they were mostly scenes of Amaru either manipulating Richie to be her pawn or hurting him. And when Amaru finally leaves Kate's body and we have Kate back most of her scenes in the last 2 episodes were with Seth. There were a lot of interactions between SethKate, clearly to please all the Sethkate fans, but there was no real interaction between Kichie the last time they had a proper interaction with each other Kate told Richie "I hope you burn in hell" in ep 2x10, they had such a tragic ending to their relationship before Kate "died" in the season 2 finale, their relationship is so tragic and we had no satisfying closure in the series finale. All we saw were Kichie walking out of hell together and then robbing banks together in the end but they didn't say a word to each other, we were just suppose to assume that Kichie resolved their differences while they were in hell together off-screen and are on good terms again. But we didn't get to see that, we needed to actually see them interacting, talking to each other and working things out to patch their relationship so they could get proper closure and the viewers can better understand what actually happened between them when they were in Xibalba hell together and how they were able to get out, we and Kichie deserved that. But sadly we were robbed of proper development for Kichie in the finale
Honestly as much as I love the finale, but that's not to say it didn't have its issues, it still had some flaws especially with the lack of proper Kichie interaction, but also the whole finale just felt rushed overall and there were some inconsistencies and plotholes like how the finale failed to properly explain how Kichie were able to escape Xibalba hell together.

Last edited by LindaL100; 10-19-2019 at 10:58 PM
LindaL100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I do wish we had gotten more RK in S3.

As someone who ships both it's kind of hard to say my thoughts with stuff like this. So I'll just skip to the end...

I'm going to assume that if we had gotten a s4 we may have gotten info on how Richie and Kate escaped. I understand S3 finale (or I guess series now) didn't want to go into every detail (and wouldn't have had the time) so I'm assuming it was being saved for next season.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:19 AM
Absolute Fan

yes I think maybe you're right, there was just so much going on in the finale they probably didn't want to just cram every detail into the finale, I think maybe a season 4 was originally planned and they probably wanted to get into more detail about what happened in Xibalba in the next season, but sadly it didn't happen

Anyway I just wanted to share this beautiful Kichie fanvideo that I found online it's one of my favs

btw can you please add me to the list? thanks!
Old 10-21-2019, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

A s4 was definitely planned and I'm sad that as of know it never worked out.

Thanks for that.

I'll add you now.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:44 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for adding me

I have to admit that ever since I started watching FDTD recently I've been searching for alot of stuff on the series and on Kichie online, I think I'm getting abit obsessed lol anyway I found some old tweets from Madison and Zane about Kichie, here's one from Madison:

I'm glad she described Kichie's relationship as 'fate' and 'nonjudgmental' because that's really how their relationship was, it was 'fate' that they met at the pool and both were 'nonjudgmental' of each other and that's why they were able to bond and accept each other
Old 10-24-2019, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

So I just started watching From Dusk Till Dawn and the pool scene. Wow..
Old 10-25-2019, 06:11 AM
Absolute Fan

yeah I absolutely love the pool scene with Kichie too, it's one of my favourites and most iconic scenes in the whole series there's so much chemistry between them and it was shot so beautifully Kichie had some of the best scenes in the entire series, and the actress herself Madison Davenport who played Kate in the series also said the pool scene was her fav scene with Richie too

Last edited by LindaL100; 10-25-2019 at 06:27 AM
Old 10-26-2019, 09:55 AM
Absolute Fan

here is more of what Madison said about the Kichie relationship:

everything she described about their relationship was completely accurate, it was 'fate' that brought Kichie together in the first place, they were destined to meet and they really were immediately drawn to each other from the moment they first met, they had an instant connection and bond And despite Richie being viewed as this cold, calculating, manipulative psychopath who can be very selfish sometimes, but Kate was able to see the good in him and she was the first and only person who was able to see that deep down Richie was a tortured soul, that he wasn't all bad, deep down he still had good qualities to him and that made her accept him

I know most fans of the show prefer SethKate and RichieSantanico and while I can understand why people would ship SethKate, but I will never understand why anyone would ship Richie with Santanico I mean sure they had great chemistry together in the first season, but compared to Kichie, RichieSantanico's relationship was solely based on just manipulation, Santanico manipulated & brainwashed Richie from the very beginning and only used him so she could escape, she never truly cared about Richie, he was just a pawn to her, nothing more and when she got tired of him and they started to clash over their different opinions they went their separate ways, their relationship was all just about manipulation, it made their relationship and so called "connection" very shallow, superficial and weak. It takes more than just having good chemistry between 2 characters to make a good relationship, but even their chemistry changed in S2, it wasn't the same anymore...I will admit that RichieSantanico's chemistry was great & intense in S1, but the chemistry and dynamic between these 2 characters drastically changed soon afterwards, by S2 their chemistry and relationship was very lacking, obviously proving just how feeble and superficial their relationship really was. And not to mention the only reason Richie chose to be with Santanico instead of staying with Seth and Kate at the end of S1 was because Santanico manipulated and brainwashed him.

On the other hand Kichie's relationship was based on REAL feelings and a genuine connection sure the way they started their relationship was less than ideal, Richie initially met her under false pretenses because he and Seth kidnapped her and her family and used them in order to get to Mexico, but despite that I do believe Kichie formed a real connection from the start. Even while the Fuller family were being held hostage and on the surface it seemed like Kate resented Richie for a while for kidnapping her family and it seemed like Richie was only manipulating Kate, but I think deep down they still genuinely cared about each other, because during that whole trip to Mexico and after they arrived at the bar, both Richie and Kate still showed genuine concern for each other's wellbeing, obviously they cared about each other from the very beginning and it was obvious that Kate trusted Richie more and was more drawn to him which is understandable because she was closer to him at the time. And Kichie's relationship just grew and evolved naturally overtime throughout the series (except for the series finale ). Compared to RichieSantanico's superficial "relationship", Kichie's relationship and bond was much more genuine, natural, organic, complex and multi-layered I think out of all the relationships on the show, Kichie's relationship was the most complicated and tumultuous, even more so than Sethkate and especially more so than RichieSantanico.
And unlike RichieSantanico, the chemistry between Kichie never changed, it never wavered, Richie/Zane and Kate/Madison had great chemistry together all throughout the series

So with all that being said, even though I understand that everyone has different opinions and preferences, but still I always find it ridiculous whenever the RichieSantanico shippers say that RichieSantanico is "better than both Kichie and SethKate" I will never understand that sentiment because how could a relationship that's so superficial and feeble and solely based on manipulation like RichieSantanico be "better" than Kichie and Sethkate; the 2 relationships that are actually built on real genuine feelings and bonds? It doesn't make sense to me maybe the RichieSantanico shippers loved them together mainly because of their chemistry in S1?
Old 11-03-2019, 12:32 AM
New Fan

I love RichieKate in the TV show, but I never could picture them together as a couple in the movie cuz the movie never really explored their relationship much, it paid more attention to Sethkate in the movie...and Richie was kinda different in the movie than he was in the tv show, in the movie he was a lot more despicable & crazy, in the tv show he was still crazy & dangerous but he was more likeable. they also gave Richiekate's relationship more development in the tv show compared to the movie which I appreciate.

and yeah I totally agree with u about Richie & Santanico, i was never really a fan of Santanico's character not even in the movie, but I do like Selma Hayek, Eiza's version was ok. I never liked how Santanico manipulated Richie and don't get why so many fans like them together, like u said their relationship was always based on manipulation & brainwashing, it's just a very toxic relationship all around. RichieKate were a much better pair, cuz Richie & Kate really cared about each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
So I just started watching From Dusk Till Dawn and the pool scene. Wow..
yeah the pool scene was awesome!

Last edited by junebee100; 11-03-2019 at 12:44 AM
junebee100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like R/S at all! Which granted I'm not a fan of Santanico at all but there are legit reasons as to why I don't like R/S beyond just not liking SP.

The pool scene is ! It was such a good scene! The banter, the chemistry, all of it was so good!
Old 11-04-2019, 05:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebee100 (View Post)
I love RichieKate in the TV show, but I never could picture them together as a couple in the movie cuz the movie never really explored their relationship much, it paid more attention to Sethkate in the movie...and Richie was kinda different in the movie than he was in the tv show, in the movie he was a lot more despicable & crazy, in the tv show he was still crazy & dangerous but he was more likeable. they also gave Richiekate's relationship more development in the tv show compared to the movie which I appreciate.

and yeah I totally agree with u about Richie & Santanico, i was never really a fan of Santanico's character not even in the movie, but I do like Selma Hayek, Eiza's version was ok. I never liked how Santanico manipulated Richie and don't get why so many fans like them together, like u said their relationship was always based on manipulation & brainwashing, it's just a very toxic relationship all around. RichieKate were a much better pair, cuz Richie & Kate really cared about each other.

yeah the pool scene was awesome!
I completely agree with you about RichieKate in the movie, if you were to ask me which ship I preferred in the movie then it would be SethKate without a doubt, because I really hated Tarantino's Richie in the movie, he was so detestable and disgusting in the movie. But Zane's Richie in the series is so much more likable and at times even sympathetic. I love that they explored Kichie's relationship more in the series and the chemistry between Madison and Zane was awesome these are some of the reasons why I ship RichieKate so much in the series!

And I totally agree with you about RichieSantanico too, that relationship was so toxic and superficial because it was mainly based on Santanico constantly manipulating, brainwashing and using Richie for her own motives, she never truly cared about Richie, to her he was merely just her pawn, she used & manipulated him just like she manipulated Carlos for centuries and everyone else around her. I've always thought Santanico was a very over-rated character, I don't understand why her character is so popular, let alone why anyone would support her very toxic and manipulative relationship with Richie I mean sure they had great chemistry together in season 1, but like I said before it takes much more than just chemistry to make a good relationship, Santanico was such a horrible influence on Richie, Richie was already mentally unstable to begin with, since he was born he was considered a "bad seed" by his own family, an outcast, and all of Santanico's manipulations only made his condition worse, made him even more sociopathic. It's sad that all these RichieSantanico fans fail to see just how harmful and a bad influence Santanico really was to Richie even their so called "chemistry" changed after S1. Santanico was so manipulative, vindictive and controlling, that's how she is, she manipulates people, uses them for her own personal gain and once they have outlived their usefulness to her, she cruelly dumps them like trash, she's always been 1 of my least fave characters in both the series and movie.

But Kichie's relationship on the other hand was much more genuine and natural, like I said their relationship was built on real feelings and true caringness for each other another reason Kichie's relationship was much better is because unlike Santanico, Kate was a much more positive influence on Richie, in the series Kate represented their humanity, she was a genuinely caring and loving person with good morals who wanted to help people, she brought a sense of humanity within the Gecko brothers, and the brothers became better people through their interactions and relationships with Kate.

That pool scene was so epic, everything from the cinematography to the chemistry between Madison and Zane and the conversation they had was perfect it's such an iconic scene from the entire series, it's one of those truly mesmerizing scenes that anyone, even people who don't ship Kichie, will love
Old 11-05-2019, 07:16 PM
New Fan

yep santanico was a bad influence on Richie she only made him worse, but Kate made him better

Btw I'm not sure if any of u noticed this but in s2 when we first saw Richie's 3rd eye that appeared in his hand the color of the eye was brown. But in s3 the eye changed to green...the same color as Kate's eyes! I thought that was interesting, I wonder if the color change had any significance
Old 11-07-2019, 05:38 AM
Absolute Fan

wow that's a really good observation, I didn't even notice that! I'll have to re-watch that episode again when the eyeball colour changed, I think it should be significant but that specific detail was so subtle in S3 that they never addressed it, it explains why not many fans noticed that little detail...except for some eagle-eyed Kichie fans
Old 11-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Absolute Fan

another Kichie fanvid I found

Old 11-11-2019, 03:45 PM
New Fan

I thought I was the only one who noticed the eye color change thing XP

thanks for the fanvids! anymore Richiekate videos?
Reply   Post New Thread