Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

So we might be doing something for the 25th? Coolies.

Kristen00 Chad did say that in an interview I think for Buddy Tv if I'am not mistaken? I don't remember the link but if I find it I will post it
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here it is...

Quote:
Just one last question. A lot of fans debate over whether Lucas should end up with Peyton or Brooke. Do you have a personal preference of who you think Lucas should end up with?

Oh god no. When you're an actor, you can never have a personal preference. I think that the characters themselves have personal preferences. I enjoy working with all the actresses on the show. It's kind of funny, the only one he hasn't been romantically linked to is Haley. I was actually going to put that in the ‘40s just so we could play it, but I didn't want to make the fans mad. I knew that they'd be like, “What, he's kissing Haley? That's terrible!”
and here is the link of the whole interview.

Exclusive Interview: Chad Michael Murray of 'One Tree Hill'
Old 11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Aw, thank you so much! I can kind of see why he wouldn't do it, because Lucas and Haley haven't been together in the show yet. Imagine what it would look like for Chad Michael Murray if the first episode he wrote, he hooked up Lucas and Haley. I think it would have looked a bit weird for him. You know....

Still a shame he didn't do it.... I voted yes, by the way.

Last edited by Kristen00; 11-30-2008 at 11:25 PM
Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Imagine what it would look like for Chad Michael Murray if the first episode he wrote, he hooked up Lucas and Haley. I think it would have looked a bit weird for him. You know....
Imagine what the non-Chad fans would say. Mmmm. There's a few negative comments about Laley underneath that interview. But no matter, I for one, would've loved to see that.

Last edited by Blinkybill; 12-01-2008 at 03:18 AM
Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow, are there non-Chad fans? I don't think it would it would have been wrong for him to write it, but I can imagine it would have been kind of uncomfortable. Imagine writing a script and adding in romance scenes with a cast member you've never really done that with before, I would feel really awkward! Its one thing to have someone else write it, but to write it yourself and then act it out would feel strange.

But I guess thats just me.

Quote:
But no matter, I for one, would've loved to see that.

Yep, me too. I hope they do one day, I mean at least the interview shows that CMM is interested in seeing what a LH pairing would be like. That's always good.

EDIT: I just saw the part you edited. Yeah, most people don't like change. But I get the feeling if it did happen, there would be a lot of people more open to the idea. I think what the writers have to understand is that if they don't try things out, they will never fully know what works and what doesn't. Theres always a risk involved, but sometimes its better to take risks then remain in the familiar.

I still think they have potential to be a great couple, the storyline might be harder to write for them now considering she has a kid to think about. But I think I could see it happening if Nathan does something wrong in the relationship, or if he leaves her. Not the other way around.

Last edited by Kristen00; 12-01-2008 at 05:06 AM
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are definitely people out there who do not like Chad. I do not think it would have been that weird for him because him and Joy are good friends. I was happy he thought about it though.

The thing is I would want LH to happen but I wouldnt want either of their character's ruined by it and I do not think Haley will ever leave Nathan or vice versa especially Haley. Haley could have left him in season 5 or even asked for a break when he was neglecting his family but she did not. If a LH relationship ever happened now without a really, really good reason, there would be a lot of angry people. I do still love all their scenes together though. We definitely need more of those!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Think I'm repeating myself here BUT I think the original storyline (and I mean the very original) was supposed to have LH ending up together! But as OTH grew popular and another season was added, and then another, they had to have things to fluff out all storylines.

It does seem like they've gone past the point of no return. Still, it could be done - a return to the original storyline. It would have to be a dramatic shift but it could be done in a way that the fans would accept LH in the end, even if it was the very last episode. I haven't heard one complaint from fans about the LH friendship and I remember back in S1 there were heaps of LH shippers. A lot of those fans who only like LH as friends and say "ewww, brother/sister" blah blah blah could be persuaded I think. And hey, even LP or BL shippers could be shown and understand the reason why Lucas has never let P or B "all the way in".

That Brucas scene when she was crying and saying to Luke "Why won't you let me all the way in" was a lightbulb moment imo.

Sure it looks like LP endgame atm but are the writers intentionally making LP boring because they have something else in mind???
Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Bev hun , don't hate me but I think its best I say it than you watch the show and get your shipper heart crushed.

I love that your're so optimistic for LH getting together, but it's not going to happen . Mark writes LP boring because he is lazy, because Chad could only work a set number of days and well personally I always thought LP were boring anyways but to Mark they're epic (even though I find that ludicrous).

But you know what it doesn't matter because as much as he forces LP the more I call bullcr*p. I have never really seen Lucas be in love with Peyton as much as she claims to love him. Maybe its my bias talking but even my sister who isn't into ships can see it and see the chemistry instead with Joy/Chad. I believe what Lucas/Haley have is so much more special than LP. But like Tara has said Mark had plenty of opportunities to try LH and he didn't (IMO because he knew they would overshadow LP or BL). From the first season Haley was such a popular character and the NHL should've been the triangle but Mark loves the character of Peyton too much.

I wish Lucas would just end up with Haley or single but unless a miracle happens or Mark is playing everyone in some conspiracy than I'am pretty certain he will end it with LP getting married and he will make it a big deal, it'll probably be the series finale *gag me*.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Absolute Fan

LHScott, I love your icon! Danny and Michelle were such a great couple.

I wish I could stop feeling so negative about this show, it's really unhealthy. I guess it just annoys me when there's such a great friendship and chemistry between two main characters, and nada. Nothing happens. It's swept under the carpet.

One of them would have been bound to form a crush on the other, because while its nice to say that boys and girls can be friends without any complications, I have not met one - one - person who has been best friends with the opposite sex without a crush developing at some point. And to try and defy this like the writers seem to be doing, makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quote:
I do not think it would have been that weird for him because him and Joy are good friends. I was happy he thought about it though.
Oh, good. I must be the only one who gets like that then.

Quote:
Sure it looks like LP endgame atm but are the writers intentionally making LP boring because they have something else in mind???
I really hope so, because I get the impression that the writers have already decided who they want as the endgame couples and I think since the show keeps getting picked up for new seasons, they'll just continue to try and finish them off together.

Kind of boring in my opinion. But if Chad and Joy are the ones thinking of leaving the show, maybe their characters run away together? Wouldn't that be a nice twist?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
LHScott, I love your icon! Danny and Michelle were such a great couple.
Thanks and you can call me Jess Your a fellow aussie I love your icon too, I liked Ric & Matilda and I was sad when they left. Edge and Bec are from Blue Water High right? My sister loves them.

Quote:
I wish I could stop feeling so negative about this show, it's really unhealthy.
There's been alot of negativity with the show lately in all the OTH threads, seems not even the LP fans are happy. This season has just been well weird. But I guess we should focus on the things we still love about it like LH. Sure they don't have many scenes but when we do get them they are

Also I don't mean to be negative in my last post, just being realistic. But at the end of the day no one really knows how it will end but Mark.

Quote:
if Chad and Joy are the ones thinking of leaving the show, maybe their characters run away together? Wouldn't that be a nice twist?
I had the exact same thought. Or they both die in a car accident, either way they're together. Anyone seen the finale of Buffy where the hellmouth opened and and the whole of Sunnydale went? Well substitute that with Tree Hill and LH and Jamie linking arms, smiling and together walking away as TH along with all the annoying people disapear and you have my ideal ending
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey, I didn't know you were Australian. Yep, their from Blue Water High and yeah Ric and Matilda were a cute couple, I was sad when they left too. It was like the end of an era.

Quote:
Also I don't mean to be negative in my last post, just being realistic.
Nah, I understand. I think its pretty safe to say that the writers won't ever consider going down that road. Their loss!

Quote:
I had the exact same thought. Or they both die in a car accident, either way they're together. Anyone seen the finale of Buffy where the hellmouth opened and and the whole of Sunnydale went? Well substitute that with Tree Hill and LH and Jamie linking arms, smiling and together walking away as TH along with all the annoying people disapear and you have my ideal ending.
That last part is hilarious! Not a bad way to end the series either.

Its weird how you mention the whole 'maybe they'll die in a car accident' thing because they nearly died together that other time when she got hit by a car and he had a heart-attack. But I think I'll stick with them eloping.

Link: Angel of Mine
A video I found and its soooo cute. I'm happy now.

Last edited by Kristen00; 12-05-2008 at 07:35 AM
Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Bev... I love your optimism.

Kristen, I love that video. I have seen it before. It is already in my favorites. You guys should subscribe to the person who made it. Thats like the only LH video she made but I know most of us like other ships on the show and the cast videos/ LHN videos she makes are great too.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Love that video.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Same here! After watching that video it just reminded me of why I wanted these two together in the first place. Oh well, if it doesn't happen on the show then there is still fanfiction I guess. Plus, I can use my imagination - that can't be too hard.

(reposting old manips! Haven't tampered with photoshop for a while)

I've got to repost this old manip that Cat (HereWithoutYOU) made. It is soooo good. We had so much fun making that game. Its a shame shes hardly online anymore.

Its funny, but I'm feeling completely rant free today. Haha. I must have been picking up on a 'lets hate on OTH' vibe, because to be honest I haven't even paid attention to those boards in ages. It must be because Home and Away's on break, I needed something else to focus on, unfortunately I don't like the way this show makes me feel sometimes. Must be the lack of Lucas and Haley screen time that does it.

By the way, Blinkybill, I could be wrong but are you from Australia too?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the manips especially the second one. Kristen, both Jess aka LHScott and Bev aka BlinkyBill are from Australia.

I found this girl on livejournal she makes great LH icons and she loves them. They aren't manips but they are actually LH scene icons and they are fantastic. I will post the link to her LJ or some icons soon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread