Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

I can handle NV, NB, DS (yeah....they're ok so far this season), DB, CB of course, but NOT NJ. NEVER.
Sam Swarek Andy McNally
Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Especially about Nate loves Serena for who she is, and Dan loves Serena for who he thinks she is.
Thank you! This sums the two relationships perfectly!

Actually, DS aren't quite pissing me off this much this year since they aren't all mush poo true love forever stuff. Still, I will never ever like them. I've slept through too many of their scenes. Sorry. I actually found myself liking Dan this season though... I have no clue why. Probably my love for Penn has influenced that a bit.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Hey I'm not even on the shippers list!! LOL
Sam Swarek Andy McNally
Old 09-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbrc (View Post)
Thank you! This sums the two relationships perfectly!

Actually, DS aren't quite pissing me off this much this year since they aren't all mush poo true love forever stuff. Still, I will never ever like them. I've slept through too many of their scenes. Sorry. I actually found myself liking Dan this season though... I have no clue why. Probably my love for Penn has influenced that a bit.
Same here, Nik.

I still hate his being self-righteous, self-centered and annoying.

But when he was being bullied... I actually felt sorry for him. I like him better when he's the outsider. I like him better when he isn't trying to get into the upper east sider's business. Same with Jenny, actually.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha122 (View Post)
Hey I'm not even on the shippers list!! LOL
Ooooy, will add you now!

I just wanted to smack Dan. He was such a jerk, again, to Serena. But I'm not going into details now, that would be too..dumb. I hope he stays outside now, too. I definitely prefer him that way.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I thought that Dan was much better in scenes last year when he was thought of as the 'outsider' and he recognized the world the rest of them were in wasn't where he belonged. I also found myself preferring his few scenes with Blair over anything he'd had with Serena.

Nate's a much better character when he's written with Serena, I loved their moment in the masquerade ball ep when he went to her for advice because Blair wasn't around and Serena held his hand and he started stroking it and they both waited for a moment before they let go That moment said so much about what's really going on between them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Dan, he has his moments though. Most of the time I really don't like him. I felt bad for him in 2x04 but he was the one who blamed Serena first, but I'm on neither's side since I don't like D or S when they are with each other. They have their moments, I admit, but like Penn said; the idea of them is beautiful (I liked them the first 5 episodes) but realistically all they do together is bicker and moan.

True, Nate's written the best with Serena. To be honest, I only enjoy Serena when she's with Blair or Chuck and I absolutely love her when she's with Nate. They really have something special, and it sucks seeing how that is being wasted.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I really could vent about the potential the writers have already wasted with their constant ignoring/abandoning of SN SLs all the time. Its so silly. -.-

Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm thinking maybe NS would've happened sooner, but things like the popularity of DS and then CB changed some of the writers' plans... And now they have to save it until a later date or something. 'Cause they ended up having the NBC triangle go on longer than the BNS one, which I'm thinking wasn't the original plan...

I just hope NS is revisited and we don't get all these hook-ups for them in the meantime simply to serve extra storylines for their characters when they aren't really needed and time could be better spent on getting Nate and Serena connecting again.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Elite Fan

Word. I think they would have definitely gone way deeper into NS if it hadn't been for DS, which is probably why NS were dropped after about 3 episodes. But luckily, the fact that CB has taken the 'it' position and DS are hated by critics and many viewers dislike/don't care for them, they can explore different pairings for both Dan and Serena, which may lead up to NS. It would make perfect sense though, since for having so little scenes together they already have a steady fanbase. The writers and Josh cannot ignore that fact. Also, I thought NV were cute but they didn't create maybe a bang or whatever the writers were expecting them to. Then again, I'm really not sure what the writers exactly were planning for NV... at first I thought it would be a little fling to have audiences starting to enjoy Nate again, but then they turned serious. So, I'm really not sure on that one. Also, I guess they didn't want to have to bring in a new character to pair him up with.

Quote:
time could be better spent on getting Nate and Serena connecting again.
Exactly. But I think right now they are really taking their time and toying around with the idea of NS, and it seems they might be going for it by not making NV that serious... (hopefully) and breaking DS off and letting them see other people
Spoiler:

I'm just speculating here, but if you add everything up they may just be heading down the NS root later on in the season.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're right, Nikki! It would make sense.. I'm hoping hoping hoping!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

That scene NEVER gets old.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Never ever.

LOVE your avie!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha122 (View Post)
I can handle NV, NB, DS (yeah....they're ok so far this season), DB, CB of course, but NOT NJ. NEVER.
I don't know that I prefer Nv or NJ.. Actually Nj I guess...
'coz Vanessa is awful
Problably when we get some NJ scenes I change my mind and I prefer V

anyway only (for me) NS or Nb rock my socks
Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Serenate PWNS them all, anyways! I just want some scenes. Sigh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread