Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

In a way. Brandon and Dylan were best friends. Dylan and Kelly were together the seasons before (after they cheated on Brenda ), and BK got together not to long after, if I remember correctly. Or at least it's that way in Dylan's mind: "It's like a bad movie. My best friend, my best girl, it's like the blondie and the boy scout." Or something like that.

And then it was kind of like JHK, and Kelly chose herself. Moron girl.
Amy | icon | livejournal | tumblr

Last edited by natural_disaster; 11-30-2008 at 06:51 PM
natural_disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I liked that Jackie chose herself.

Angela; tumblr;
How-very-girl629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Jackie choosing herself was cute, and her and Kelso were in an actual relationship. But Kelly choosing herself was just stupid. Proposal (Brandon), trip around the world (Dylan) or herself. Huh. Considering Dylan doesn't have the best track record, I know who I would choose.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Trip around the world?

Thats so lame.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Dylan never did have a brain with Kelly. Loser. He should have stayed in London with Brenda for seasons 9 and 10.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Luke Perry just creepy me out. He looks like 40 in the show.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Extreme Fan

AH yes, I love these types of relationships! There's just something about the dynamic and the sense of 'forbiddenness' about them. And I always seem to prefer triangles where its 2 boys and a girl rather than the other way around.

Quote:
Strangely enough, I dont seem to enjoy the "my best friend's boyfriend" relationships as much - eg: Lucas/Peyton, Nate/Serena
Neither I dislike those 2 couples IMMENSELY.
Jidsy <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I always seem to prefer triangles where its 2 boys and a girl rather than the other way around.

He did when he came back. He had a receding hairline, Jennie got the worst highlight job, Tori dyed her hair a dark color and made it look almost purple. Everyone's hair was just crap.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

I watched Lovers Walk BTVS last night, and my god Willow and Oz's hair, are just awful. The colors!

Angela; tumblr;
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
AH yes, I love these types of relationships! There's just something about the dynamic and the sense of 'forbiddenness' about them. And I always seem to prefer triangles where its 2 boys and a girl rather than the other way around.
Agreed! As I was saying before when the triangle is girl/boy/girl - it just seems so much more petty somehow.

ooh, I just remembered a triangle where I sided with the first guy instead of the "best friend" :

Cappie/Casey/Evan (Greek): Cappie and Casey were dating. Evan and Cappie were best friends. Even though Casey and Evan started dating, I still LOVE Cappie/Casey
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Joey/Rachel are pretty much the only couple I like that fell into this category, although it had been over 6 years since R/R broke up, J/R were so much better together, imo.
mondlerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocative
ooh, I just remembered a triangle where I sided with the first guy instead of the "best friend" :

Cappie/Casey/Evan (Greek): Cappie and Casey were dating. Evan and Cappie were best friends. Even though Casey and Evan started dating, I still LOVE Cappie/Casey
Aw, I love Casey/Evan. Well, not so much anymore but I did..

I think the only relationship where I sided with the 'first' guy was Junior/Kris/Matt (Wildfire). Matt and Junior were best friends. Matt liked Kris first, Junior went out with her, and then she went out with Matt. Love Kris/Junior, hated Kris/Matt.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

This is a pretty interesting idea for a thread. Of course the only couple I can think of right now that applies, and which I actually like, is Jackie and Hyde! I think they're a classic case of the guy falling in love with his best friend's girl (and I just loved how Danny pointed that out in the S5 DVDs ). And I think it was so intense for Hyde that he had trouble looking past the JK relationship for fear of being left behind. But there's no doubt that what JH had was the real thing while JK were more like puppy love (and I'm not even counting JF because NOTHING about them spells "happily ever after" or even short-term love for that matter)!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

JF so don't count. It never even happened.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocative (View Post)
I wasn't quite sure how to word the title of this thread so I'm not sure many people are going to post but, eh... I just recently realised how intrigued I was by this type of relationship. I never realised there were so many couples I shipped that fit this 'type'

For example, my list:
- Blair was dating Nate. Nate is best friends with Chuck. I love Blair and Chuck (Gossip Girl)
- Lyla was dating Jason. Jason is best friends with Tim. I love Lyla and Tim (Friday Night Lights)
- Robin used to date Ted. Ted is best friends with Barney. I love Robin and Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
- Veronica used to date Duncan. Duncan is best friends with Logan. I love Veronica and Logan (Veronica Mars)
- Jackie used to date Kelso. Kelso is best friends with Hyde. I love Jackie and Hyde (That 70's Show)
- Addison was married to Derek. Derek is best friends with Mark. I love Addison and Mark. (Grey's Anatomy)

I agree with almost every single one (except the last one, I liked them but wasn't a hug fan of AM), but all the rest I adore and love them with the best friend. I was and still am a Pacey/Joey fan so that one would be added to the mix.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread