Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
Yep, that's the time it would be for me. So just count if you're different.

Aww, Lily. I know how you feel though since I had a paper due this Friday that nearly killed me. Let's hope the 2 weeks go by quickly!
Amen to that last part.

Aww, Yaz I'm not alone! My paper's due for the Monday after this one. I don't have much of a clue about what I'm doing which doesn't help. Plus, I'm writting it in French to be safe, but my instructions and most of my sources are in English, so I get all mixed up in my languages. Gah !

That viewing party will be such a relief .
Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm 7am Sunday morning Australian time, which will actually be 6am for me. Sydney's in daylight savings
WyldIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Oh then it's definitely much harder for you, Lily. I don't have to write in another language while my sources are of a different language. If I did, I would probably cry.

Oh the viewing party will SO be such a relief. All I've been having right now is my other shows which is great and epic, but nothing beats Mulder and Scully.

Our clocks just changed too Kelly. We get to sleep an extra hour. It was well needed for me.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Lucky you. We don't do daylight savings in Queensland which sucks! Especially since my pay TV is based in Sydney so you have to remember to take an hour of any shows you want to watch so you don't miss them
Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that sucks. If I was you I probably wouldn't remember at all. I'd be missing all of my shows those first couple of weeks.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh then it's definitely much harder for you, Lily. I don't have to write in another language while my sources are of a different language. If I did, I would probably cry.
It messes me up, but it was my choice to go to an English speaking University so I can't blame anybody, but me .

Wow, Kelly, that must be so confusing! Why would they only change the hour in one place and not another inside the same country? I'm like Yaz. It would take me weeks to remember when are my shows .
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Ahh, but I'm sure it's better, right?

I'm excited for the viewing part even if it is the week after next.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ahh, but I'm sure it's better, right?

I'm excited for the viewing part even if it is the week after next.
Well, I don't have a problem understanding or being understood in English (some Americans kids I take care of, actually thought English was my first language, so I must not be so bad). I just forget which language I'm using or which words belongs to which language. So I can start writting in English and then realise that the rest of my paper is in French or use a direct translation that doesn't work in French and I have to reread it to realise it. It's not so much difficult as annoying . It's worth it though . My University is classified as the best in Canada and 18th best in the world. So a diploma from there, that can't hurt. I wanted to study there since I was a teen. The little annoyance don't really matter after that.

Not even two weeks to wait now. Yay ! I'm excited too.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, that's awesome! How cool that you got to go to the place you'd always wanted to.

I know! I can't wait, I'm super psyched.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila (View Post)
Wow, Kelly, that must be so confusing! Why would they only change the hour in one place and not another inside the same country? I'm like Yaz. It would take me weeks to remember when are my shows .
In Australia each state voted as to whether they wanted daylight savings or not and oh so many years ago Queensland voted not. It is a pain in the ass, but you get used to it

You guys must be getting psyched with the xmas holidays coming up soon?!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone! I might not be able to join ya on the viewing party. My mom and I are moving unexpedantly and we may not get Internet again. I'll try to come here as much as can with my friends computer but I for sure can't do the chat. Have fun guys!
basketmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, I'm sorry we won't get to see you Chelsea. Maybe you can post afterwards.

I'm SUPER psyched for Christmas and Thanksgiving break! I finally get to have some time off and really enjoy myself!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sorry Chelsea I hope you get the internet again.

I'm looking forward to Christmas day. We're going to my mother-in-laws and she has a pool
Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

A pool on Christmas? Oh wait, you guy are in summer right now, right? We're in winter, that's why it seemed so odd to me. How cool! Although really here in Texas it doesn't feel like winter. This entire week it's been like mid-to-high 70s, Farenheit that is, so about 24ish Celsius. It's been really nice, and I kinda hope it doesn't go away.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Passionate Fan

We're not quite in summer yet, not 'till December. But it might as well be summer. We've been hitting 36 Celsius - 97oF which sucks considering we're only. 24o sounds lovely. How cold does it get in Texas in Winter?
Reply   Post New Thread