Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

But if it ended in season 8, we hadn´t have the beutiful Ms scenes we had in The Truth.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Passionate Fan

^Hehe so true.

I just finished my first Xfiles marathon ever! It was amazing when I finished watching the truth because it was the first time I saw it after seeing all the episodes previous and it's SO much better that way. You have a better appreciation for it when you've seen all the eps.

I agree that moment when Mulder wouldn't tell Scully what he found was hard to watch. But only because you desperately want him to tell her and that's truley amazing when you get into a scene like that that just makes you want to believe.

Sorry if this sounds weird, I just needed to write this because I believe no one else would understand what I'm feeling. But you guys would.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*Felt*Your*Abscence (View Post)
because M&S shouldn't be on page 3

Overall I liked "the truth" even though it seemed rushed however I'm still sad about William (still can't bring myself to watch that episode in its entirety) and basically all of season 9 imho I would have been ok with XF ending on S8 I really liked season 8 even more so than 7 Doggett and Reyes where a nice change and I liked the Scully-Doggett-Reyes dynamic plus that whole super-soldier story line was defs not their best
I don't think the X-Files should have ended at S8, but I think the Mulder/Scully part of it should have ended. Doggett & Reyes should have been the start of a new partnership and I don't think Scully should have been in the last season. I honestly think she brought it down. I just couldn't buy the fact that she was supposed to be teaching at the academy but she could constantly join in on all their investigations. I truly believe the show would have lasted longer if they'd made a clean cut to the Mulder/Scully storyline. True, you wouldn't have had the Truth but we probably still would have gotten the movie. And who knows, maybe we would have gotten it sooner.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

I always thought the show should have ended after seven years and with a bit different version of Requiem...if that makes sense

I just mean that the last 2 years introduced us to some storylines that were rather nonsensical, they could have spared us with most of the episodes. Requiem was one of the best episodes from season 7 and it would have been a great show's finale (minus pregnancy and abduction). I liked the thought of it all ending in the place and with the storyline from the pilot.

The Truth was rather made to explain the last 2 seasons that made so little sense
Mulder&Scully//House&Cameron
Chuck&Sarah//Castle&Beckett
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora13 (View Post)
I always thought the show should have ended after seven years and with a bit different version of Requiem...if that makes sense
Totally agree. But I would like to keep the pregnancy. You know when Skinner walks into Scully's hospital room and she tells him she's pregnant. Imagine if that had been Mulder. But I guess that would have been a too happy ending.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

^^ That's why I think Mulder and Scully (if not the show) should have ended at S8. But again, obviously too much of a happy ending.
*muttering* Damn Chris Carter, we deserve a happy ending!!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I would rather have skipped season 8 and instead had a another movie that dealt with the pregnancy stuff.

CC better give us a third movie with a real happy ending!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

I always had mixed feelings about the pregnancy/William, maybe because it always felt as just another storyline to keep the show running. If it's not some funny/dramatic family show, then kids are not good plotlines. Bringing in a kid is usually just a desparate attempt to salvage something.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Page 5!!!
I haven't been here in many days. I apologize. I am getting married in November, and even though that is a long way off, I find myself doing more wedding browsing when I am online than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldIce (View Post)
I don't think the X-Files should have ended at S8, but I think the Mulder/Scully part of it should have ended. Doggett & Reyes should have been the start of a new partnership and I don't think Scully should have been in the last season. I honestly think she brought it down. I just couldn't buy the fact that she was supposed to be teaching at the academy but she could constantly join in on all their investigations. I truly believe the show would have lasted longer if they'd made a clean cut to the Mulder/Scully storyline. True, you wouldn't have had the Truth but we probably still would have gotten the movie. And who knows, maybe we would have gotten it sooner.
I totally agree with this. I spent most of the my viewing time of the last two seasons feeling a little annoyed. And it made me sad to feel somewhat indifferent about Scully. Sure there were a few good shipper moments in there but over all...blah. (To be honest...there are STILL some episodes of season 9 that I haven't watched yet. I just can't bring myself to put them in my DVD player. I'd much rather rewatch my favourite bits than sit through those episodes.)
Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Addicted Fan

totally OT but I need to say this:
I your avie Chelsea
and congrats on your wedding Victoria

icon by *Nora*
Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Chrissi! Gillian is so pretty.

I agree season 8 and 9 aren't my favorite. But for some reason I connected with Monicas character and thats what kept me watching. I liked how she was like a sister to Scully. I think she needed a friend when Mulder wasn't there.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

she def. is pretty
Quote:
I think she needed a friend when Mulder wasn't there
I think so too. And Monica was a fiend to her IMO

icon by *Nora*
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriafrances (View Post)
Page 5!!!
I haven't been here in many days. I apologize. I am getting married in November, and even though that is a long way off, I find myself doing more wedding browsing when I am online than anything else.
Congratulations!!! And don't worry, I was exactly the same. All of my spare time revolved around my wedding. After I got back from my honeymoon, I found myself sitting at home thinking 'I should be doing something right now' I love weddings though. Have you bought your dress yet? Picked out colours, flowers, decorations.... Like I said, I love weddings
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats Victoria

"Oh, yeah. I had you big time."

Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Passionate Fan

^Omg I love that scene! I love to see them joke with each other.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread