Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Oh my god, this finally happened! MY BBS! Thank you for putting this all together S! Thanks for including me in the OT. I remember a time when I was on the NJ thread like constantly. The funnest of times, truly.

I'm going back to look at the old milestone threads. This is so funny!

I love them so much but also hate how the writers didn't give them their chance. I used to like to read fanfic about them but then it just made me dislike the writers even more because I'm like "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE!". At least for them things were left open ended so you just never know if they could have reconnected at some point. I like to pretend that they do.
KEMZIE!!! I was hoping you'd make it around one day. I know you're super busy. NJ will always be the little ship that could. If Taylor would have stayed, you know they would eventually have done them...who knows if they would have done them well, but they would have done them.

Quote:
What was going on BTS??
Well, just with the fact that Taylor was so much younger than everyone else and it forced the writers to make stupid and awkward decisions. Eventually, Taylor left the show and you can tell they started scrambling on what to do with Nate. He just had girl after girl after girl and nothing stable. Also, Chace was not really a NJ fan. He didn't really like doing those scenes with Taylor and that's why you don't see any NJ scenes after the season 3 finale. Even when she came back in Season 4 for a few episodes, they had zero scenes. In fact, I'm not even sure he knew that Jenny slept with Chuck...because the Nate I knew, would have had a very, very bad reaction considering how he tried to stop he from sleeping with Damien. Completely out of character and reeks of BTS nonsense.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Oh my god, this finally happened! MY BBS! Thank you for putting this all together S! Thanks for including me in the OT. I remember a time when I was on the NJ thread like constantly. The funnest of times, truly.

I love them so much but also hate how the writers didn't give them their chance. I used to like to read fanfic about them but then it just made me dislike the writers even more because I'm like "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE!". At least for them things were left open ended so you just never know if they could have reconnected at some point. I like to pretend that they do.
hey KEM

NJ was such a classic trope, it was so dumb that they didn't play with that further. But, these writers seem to have something against classic tropes
Old 10-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
hey KEM

NJ was such a classic trope, it was so dumb that they didn't play with that further. But, these writers seem to have something against classic tropes

Soooo true.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

So glad you came by here Kem! I came to FF initially for the NJ thread and though I post in other places now, nothing ever truly beat out the NJ thread. So many good times were had in there (also the spoiler thread at Taylor's board, those places are the reason I have over 10,000 posts ).

I remember being irritated when the show ended because NJ were in the same place in the last scene, yet never interacted and were even on opposite sides of the room. I wanted to reach through my TV and shake them both at the time . But, it didn't take long for me to appreciate the open-endedness of it all and just imagine where they would go from this point. It was for the best.

Quote:
NJ will always be the little ship that could. If Taylor would have stayed, you know they would eventually have done them...who knows if they would have done them well, but they would have done them.
That's the kicker right there . They would've been done, but done well? With the crop of writers we had? Chances of that were slim to none .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Done well, probably not. Done though, yes.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I came to FF initially for the NJ thread and though I post in other places now, nothing ever truly beat out the NJ thread. So many good times were had in there (also the spoiler thread at Taylor's board, those places are the reason I have over 10,000 posts

But man...Taylor's board...those were the days. Sometimes when I'm bored, I just go back and re-read all our old posts especially on the Jenny S&S thread.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)

But man...Taylor's board...those were the days. Sometimes when I'm bored, I just go back and re-read all our old posts especially on the Jenny S&S thread.
I've done that a few times myself. Good times .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-16-2018, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NS was never gonna work, I will always say this that NJ never got a full chance.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
NS was never gonna work, I will always say this that NJ never got a full chance.
Totally. And I'm pretty sure the reason they never got a real chance was because Taylor left the show. If she would have stuck around, they would have happened...probably sometime around Season 5.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Sucks that she did not stick around.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Sucks that she did not stick around.
It does suck. I'm happy for her music career, but I really missed Jenny. Eventually, I stopped watching. I think I stopped watching after 4x10 (her last episode). I only saw a couple more episodes after that: the 100th episode and the series finale.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It does suck. I'm happy for her music career, but I really missed Jenny. Eventually, I stopped watching. I think I stopped watching after 4x10 (her last episode). I only saw a couple more episodes after that: the 100th episode and the series finale.
consider yourself lucky.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Totally. And I'm pretty sure the reason they never got a real chance was because Taylor left the show. If she would have stuck around, they would have happened...probably sometime around Season 5.
I know. I always loved Jenny, after Dan she is my second favorite.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
consider yourself lucky.
But I lived vicariously through you, so I suffered anyway.

I think Jenny is wayyy more appreciated now and I'm glad.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
consider yourself lucky.
Seconded. I consider myself lucky that I never watched all the BS.

{taek su mi sun}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread