Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2020, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I was until I heard that sacrament was running it. The man is a serial failure. Why do they keep employing him?
Old 04-02-2020, 06:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

I honestly don't know. I have no idea what happened to this show after the first part of Season 1. The strike really did a number on it. It's just sad.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I honestly don't know. I have no idea what happened to this show after the first part of Season 1. The strike really did a number on it. It's just sad.
It is. They basically threw away their concept for omg and a bad pairing.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're absolutely right. That's all this show has become was an OMG moment after OMG moment. It was very cheap. I sincerely hope the spin-off has more grounded writing and cares more about the characters.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
You're absolutely right. That's all this show has become was an OMG moment after OMG moment. It was very cheap. I sincerely hope the spin-off has more grounded writing and cares more about the characters.
I hope for the sake of new fans that a) they keep it character driven b) don’t let the popularity of a toxic male change their story direction and c) reign in sacred and his inability to write a cohesive narrative
Old 04-05-2020, 03:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

I definitely hope for the best in this case. So much has changed since the show went off the air in 2012. I SERIOUSLY hope they avoid toxic characters because otherwise it's gonna get ugly...FAST.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

^ Yes to all of these things. I don't plan on watching (unless Taylor and Chace decide to guest star/cameo together for an episode of course), but a cohesive plot that's character driven and does away with the popularity of toxic characters/couples is what new fans deserve. About the latter, it's amazing what has changed since 2012. People aren't going to positively respond to toxic characters or ships like they did years ago. The landscape has changed so much and they need to keep up with that.

Quote:
I have no idea what happened to this show after the first part of Season 1. The strike really did a number on it. It's just sad.
I'm going to be bitter about this forever. It really had a lot of promise and then the strike took all of that away. They never seemed to get their footing back and it became a breeding ground for shock value/OMG moments.

Quote:

Okay. It only took me like 4 months, but I finally fixed the opening post. I used the image hosting site, PostImage. So, hopefully everything lasts now.

I also wonder if they're going to eventually reopen the GG board because of the new HBO Max series (which I really don't plan on watching tbh)...but it would be nice to reclaim that old thread. I guess we'll find out soon.

Hope everyone is staying safe and hope to talk to you guys soon!
It looks great, S! I hope you're staying safe as well .

It'd be amazing to reclaim that thread again honestly. I miss those days and nights we all spent on it.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hi Andrea!! Thanks!!

Guess what I did for hours yesterday? Read the old Jenny S&S threads on Taylor's board. It was so much fun! I don't really miss all that drama, but I do miss the days where we were all posting together and having fun.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

^ Awww . I did that once sometime last year. It was so much fun. I miss that thread too. Not all the drama bits we had, but the fun, that I definitely miss. That night we blew through two threads freaking out over the NJ cotillion still is one of my favorite memories . One of the best times I had on this board.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
^ Awww . I did that once sometime last year. It was so much fun. I miss that thread too. Not all the drama bits we had, but the fun, that I definitely miss. That night we blew through two threads freaking out over the NJ cotillion still is one of my favorite memories . One of the best times I had on this board.
Yes!! It was so much fun reading all the excitement. I miss those days. Not the drama though. LOL.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Anyone around???

Old 05-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

^

Still hanging around .
Old 05-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Andrea!!! I knew you'd probably pop around. I always see you on twitter talking about Bughead.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was going through my artwork and found quite a few NJ stuff I think from the old main OP? not sure what to do with it lol.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

You should post it!!! Post it here!!

I wonder if they might reopen the Gossip Girl board eventually because of the reboot...but we'll see. Would be great to reclaim the old thread.