Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Michael/Fiona {Burn Notice}: Because you're not supposed to miss the scent of an asset.

Welcome to the Michael and Fiona Appreciation Thread!

The Fans
*ask if you want to be added*
karate0kat
tammyy2j
Pemberley21
silkywilkie
AmandaB18
Evil Poptart
then you must kiss me
likeiluvJ/D
Kai_Abercrombie
Rita1516
DUHsoTK
Jennateluvr87
fresley4ever
CrashandBurn9
hlgreenie

The Reasons
Because she was still listed as his emergency contact
Because she stayed in Miami to help him
Because he gave her a gun for her birthday
Because her bobby pin saved his life
Because he can't think of her as just an asset, no matter how hard he tries
Because even super spy Michael can't hide how much he doesn't like her new boyfriend
Because they got to say goodbye the second time
Because they flirt over making bombs
Because she doesn't mind roughing him up a bit every now and then
Because she shows concern when he's really hurt
Because Michael told her she looked beautiful
Because sparring is foreplay
Because his mom thinks she's good for him
Because he crashed a dump truck to save her
Because she expects 'other things' as payment
Because he replaced her broken snow globe
Because she's his technical support
Because he has her back
Because they both sleep with guns under their pillow
Because he gave her a key to his loft
Because even Campbell knows Michael comes first
Because Jackson drew a picture of them holding hands
Because Michael wants her to be happy
Because Michael gave her a gun for her birthday
Because Fiona admires him for getting back in the game so soon after being blown up
Because Fiona is "the closest [he] ever got"
Because he doesn't think he could be happy with anyone else
Because Michael doth protest way too much
Because he freaked out when he thought she was dead
Because the kiss after he found out she wasn't was epic
Because Fi needs him alive
Because she always makes sure his tie is straight
Because "you don't marry someone when you're in love with someone else."
Because he got sentimental over her favorite handgun
Because he didn't want her to leave
Because Fiona is not his past
Because she brought him his sunglasses
Because there are advantages to training with someone you're close with
Because he saved her life
Because even Sam knows how important Fi is to Michael

The Featured Moment
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me

Last edited by Goldenboy; 07-19-2017 at 03:47 PM Reason: Removed images that were potentially violating copyrights.
karate0kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

As much as I love Fi and Michael at each other's throats (to a certain extent), I was really happy to see Fi show so much concern and tenderness for him after the crash (hence why I made an animation out of it). She knows when she can push his buttons and when he really needs her.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Lol, OK, I'll bump once more to see if I can get a convo started, and after that I'll give up trying to keep this thread alive single handedly.

At least until a new episode airs
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-14-2008, 01:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate0kat (View Post)
Lol, OK, I'll bump once more to see if I can get a convo started, and after that I'll give up trying to keep this thread alive single handedly.

At least until a new episode airs
The interaction between Mikey and Fi have been so far hilarious in a good way. Especially when Fi introduced the EMT guy to Mikey. Great stuff.

Hopefully the writers can keep this relationship humor up without getting old (guess we'll figure next season) because Mikey's mom is getting annoying. Nor do I want Mikey and Fi to suddenly get back together. "Friends" was at it's best when they weren't dating/sleeping with each other on a consistant basis. Then the babies came...thus the last 3 1/2 to 4 seasons were a joke. Perhaps because I'm a straight guy? I digress...

As I write this, the season finale is this week. I'm sad that it has to end since we waited about a year (b/c of the strike) until Season 2...and my favorite show (BN is #2), "Battlestar Galactica", doesn't start until early '09. I never got into "Lost" but when you have all of the movie channels on cable, I can be picky.

Hey kat, go pick up the new book Burn Notice:The Fix. I hear it's pretty good.
silkywilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Good news is this time we only have to wait until January for new episodes. It's more season 2.5 than 3 (kind of like what BSG is doing with season 4, only the gap between the two halves is smaller).

I like Michael and Fi having romantic interactions, but I don't know that I want to see them 'dating' either. More like a friends with benefits thing? I think last season showed they can't be together as a couple, and this season shows they're not really happy apart either (Mike's so jealous he can barely pretend he's not). I think the writers are always going to have to play a balancing act with these too.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Good news is this time we only have to wait until January for new episodes. It's more season 2.5 than 3 (kind of like what BSG is doing with season 4, only the gap between the two halves is smaller).

I like Michael and Fi having romantic interactions, but I don't know that I want to see them 'dating' either. More like a friends with benefits thing? I think last season showed they can't be together as a couple, and this season shows they're not really happy apart either (Mike's so jealous he can barely pretend he's not). I think the writers are always going to have to play a balancing act with these too.
Wow, only until January? I believe you, but where did you hear that? I'll go look for some info until you reply. If it is a "2.5" kind of thing, then 9-10 episodes per "season".

(several minutes go by)

I know imdb.com can be sketchy at times, but it will be 9 episodes including this week for the season. Then it says...

-Season 2, Episode 10: Episode #2.10
Original Air Date: 2008
-Season 2, Episode 11: Episode #2.11
Original Air Date: ????
-Season 2, Episode 12: Episode #2.12
Original Air Date: ????
-Season 2, Episode 13: Episode #2.13
Original Air Date: 2009

The date for Ep. 10 is probably wrong (unless it's December), but more importantly it says "Season 2" for the four of them, which backs up your info. What I'm defintely sure of is that the exact dates for season premieres are never finalized or at least revealed until 4-6 weeks beforehand.

FWBs for Mikey and Fi later on? I can see that. Of course that makes things more complicated for Michael and he knows his life doesn't need more "complicated" with his notice, mom, brother, old friends & enemies, jobs already on his plate.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry, didn't see you had posted.

I think TVGuide, EW.com, and EOnline have all had various stories/mentions of the season being split, but I can't remember what specific article or anything. Maybe I'll go look and see if I can find.

I do know that it's confirmed, not rumor. I just have to go find a source to cite!
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 AM
New Fan

Please add me

I love MiFi as a couple
tammyy2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Added!
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

A Mike/Fi thread! Can I be added please?

FYI on the spilt seasons - USA does this with all their shows (Psych, Monk, BN), they have 8-9 episodes in the summer than have the remaining episodes beginning in January and the entire season ending in late Feb/early March.

the captain ღ his first officer
Pemberley21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Added you too! And thanks for the info, I did not know that. And there wouldn't have been any new episodes this last January because of the strike. Cool.

I think what I like most about MiFi is that every scene they have together has the subtext of 'history' without the writers having to beat us over the head with it. I mean, yes there are plenty of mentions of their past relationship, but generally those mentions are at places where it makes sense to mention it. All the rest of the time they can be doing anything, making bombs, staking something out, plotting, and not make any mention of their prior relationship, and yet you know it's there. I don't know if it's the writing or the acting or both, but there's always this tension that's so much fun to watch.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Oh no. Because they only have 16 episodes compared to a normal network show (22 episodes and a different season schedule), they weren't really affected by the strike because shooting dates are different.

Aw I love the featured moment.

Mike and Fiona are both complicated characters and the writers do a good job in bringing out why they are so drawn to each other and despite their personal history, they make one heck of a team. Fiona is the only woman who could no doubt understand his job and let him do it without too much guilt or hold him back. She knows how he "ticks." Same with him. I truly hope we get an episode which revolves around Fiona and her past a bit more. I love the writers can slip comments in about their history both together and with Sam, without weighing down the 'A' storyline.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree that Fi is really the only woman Michael could ever be with (at least in terms of an actual relationship as opposed to just sex, which I'm sure Michael could get if he wanted). He needs someone who he can confide in for one. He keeps secrets from his mom and brother to protect them, but with Sam and Fi he can be open, not just about what's happening but how he feels about it. He needs that outlet.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 09-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree that Fi is really the only woman Michael could ever be with (at least in terms of an actual relationship as opposed to just sex, which I'm sure Michael could get if he wanted). He needs someone who he can confide in for one. He keeps secrets from his mom and brother to protect them, but with Sam and Fi he can be open, not just about what's happening but how he feels about it. He needs that outlet.
As much as Fi likes to push Michael and needle him about their "relationship" and the other men who are interested in her, she also knows when not to, and there is a deep trust between them. It's funny even though these are fictional characters and fictional cases and Hollywood-ized life of covert spies; it makes me wonder how anyone who actually does something like similiar to Michael's former line of work, can have any real type of a healthy and outside relationship totally separate from their jobs and find that balance ..

Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)
As much as Fi likes to push Michael and needle him about their "relationship" and the other men who are interested in her, she also knows when not to, and there is a deep trust between them. It's funny even though these are fictional characters and fictional cases and Hollywood-ized life of covert spies; it makes me wonder how anyone who actually does something like similiar to Michael's former line of work, can have any real type of a healthy and outside relationship totally separate from their jobs and find that balance ..
It's funny how you bring up "relationships totally seperate from their jobs to find that ballance"

Unless somebody already said this, simply put the only woman that understands Mikey (so far) is Fi simply because of their jobs at being spy. Look at Daniel Craig as 007. Bond finds a woman he really never thought he could ever find because of his job, but she dies and now it looks like he's going on a rampage out of revenge and answers in "Quantum of Solace". Opposites don't attract in the land of espionage, yet when there is attraction, it's only fleeting.

Look at Sam. He's a freeloader for sure, but he can't settle down either at his age or charming personality.

Tonight people, tonight...hell yeah...

(I need to start a Burn Notice forum here....)
Reply   Post New Thread