Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMomentInTimwWhit (View Post)
Can't believe it's been 3 months, since Whitney's passing.I still can't believe she is gone. Sunday will be hard for Cissy and Bobbi Kristina. As much as her fans miss her, I can't imagine, what they are going through.....
It's unimaginable really. It still doesn't feel like it's really been this long, but it has. And yes Sunday will be very hard on them both.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
Remember, Frank and Portman worked together, were prob even friends. Also, Portman mentioned the Reagan thing and how Frank wasnt there; im sure he knew Frank's mom had passes. Oh, and Portman had a lot of connections which explains how he coule get into the oscars.
Also, remember that Portman got into Rachel's room. He might have planted some kind of listening device. I was thinking that Rachel might have blabbed, but she agreed to Frank's plan after the liaison with Portman, not before.

Guys, I'm going to see Cissy Houston in concert tomorrrow, at Gospelfest, which is sold out. I've heard her in concert before, and let me tell you, that is exactly the source of Whitney's gift.

Also, I was in a spa yesterday, and the owner was playing one of Whitney's early hits. We got to sharing our feelings, and she said that after watching Whitney's 2009 Oprah interview, she thought Whitney was depressed. I agree. For some women, a bad divorce will trigger depression. Not to mention a toxic marriage!

And last, I was out and about a few days ago, and I saw Dionne Warwick. Imagine how that conversation went.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 05-11-2012 at 11:00 AM
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82

Also, remember that Portman got into Rachel's room. He might have planted some kind of listening device. I was thinking that Rachel might have blabbed, but she agreed to Frank's plan after the liaison with Portman, not before.

Guys, I'm going to see Cissy Houston in concert tomorrrow, at Gospelfest, which is sold out. I've heard her in concert before, and let me tell you, that is exactly the source of Whitney's gift.

Also, I was in a spa yesterday, and the owner was playing one of Whitney's early hits. We got to sharing our feelings, and she said that after watching Whitney's 2009 Oprah interview, she thought Whitney was depressed. I agree. For some women, a bad divorce will trigger depression. Not to mention a toxic marriage!

And last, I was out and about a few days ago, and I saw Dionne Warwick. Imagine how that conversation went.
Let me kno how the concert is!! Where is it gonna be? And OMG, you had a conversation with Dionne?!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

WTH!?: New Reality TV Show: "The Houston Family Chronicles"

No Joke:

Quote:
Whitney Houston's daughter stars in reality TV series

LOS ANGELES | Fri May 11, 2012 8:45pm BST

(Reuters) - Whitney Houston's teenage daughter will star in a reality TV show that follows the family of the "I Will Always Love You" singer as they cope with her sudden death earlier this year.

The Lifetime channel said on Friday that Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, Houston's mother Cissy, the singer's brother Gary, and her manager and sister-in-law Pat Houston would all appear in the show that will air later this year.

"The Houston Family Chronicles", billed as a documentary series, will follow Pat and Gary Houston "as they take on their greatest challenge, supporting and guiding Bobbi Kristina as she faces the world alone, without the one person she relied on the most, her mother," Lifetime said....

Whitney Houston's daughter stars in reality TV series | Reuters
Kevin Costner, I assume, will have more sense than to participate in this distasteful undertaking (although his wife CB is probably right now trying to come up with a way to insert herself into it.)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)
No Joke:

Kevin Costner, I assume, will have more sense than to participate in this distasteful undertaking (although his wife CB is probably right now trying to come up with a way to insert herself into it.)
Thank you for posting this up! I was just about to come here and post it, but you beat me to it LOL I don't know about this at all, but something tells me that Whitney if she were alive wouldn't be participating in this either and that she'd hate it.

This statement though makes me very sad: "as they take on their greatest challenge, supporting and guiding Bobbi Kristina as she faces the world alone, without the one person she relied on the most, her mother,"

Also I'm surprised that her mother agreed to do this..

I don't know if I want to watch this either especially since I hate reality shows so much no matter who it is.

I hope that KC doesn't get into this, but I don't think he will because he's got more respect for Whitney and her memory than that. He's a smart man.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
New Fan

[QUOTE=casual observer;63141514]No Joke:

Didn't they learn anything from that trainwreck of Being Bobby Brown? There is no way Whitney would want Bobbi Kristina, to be part of another reality show. Whitney is rolling in her grave right now.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMomentInTimwWhit (View Post)
Didn't they learn anything from that trainwreck of Being Bobby Brown? There is no way Whitney would want Bobbi Kristina, to be part of another reality show. Whitney is rolling in her grave right now.
Exactly! and I was thinking about that as I was writing my previous post! ugh this is going to be another disaster of a reality show that I don't want to be watching so I think I'll just skip it and I agree with you on Whit, she's hating this right now definitely. Poor BK I mean really?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Exactly! and I was thinking about that as I was writing my previous post! ugh this is going to be another disaster of a reality show that I don't want to be watching so I think I'll just skip it and I agree with you on Whit, she's hating this right now definitely. Poor BK I mean really?
Under no circumstances will I be watching this exploitive disaster-in-the-making.

Btw--look at the pic from dlisted regarding shauna sand and her beau:

WARNING: Extreme Natural Romance And Elegance Ahead | Dlisted

Does it remind you of anything? It sure reminds me of one of my favorite TBG scenes--the one where he (Frank) rescues Rachel in the nightclub and the look on her face as he's lifting her up--not to violate the kevney topic of this thread because when I first posted about this many weeks ago I said Whitney did not look like she was acting....so it directly involves the KC-WH love connection we've been speculating about imo....
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Under no circumstances will I be watching this exploitive disaster-in-the-making.
I won't be watching it either no thanks and not only because I hate reality shows all together I don't want to see poor BK crying her eyes out and all that it's bad enough that her life post her mother's death will be on TV for everyone to see and I'm not going to apart of the disaster the show will become. I just feel awful for her...I wonder if she wanted to do this or if she was pressured or forced into it?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I won't be watching it either no thanks and not only because I hate reality shows all together I don't want to see poor BK crying her eyes out and all that it's bad enough that her life post her mother's death will be on TV for everyone to see and I'm not going to apart of the disaster the show will become. I just feel awful for her...I wonder if she wanted to do this or if she was pressured or forced into it?
Me neither. I haven't watched Being Bobby Brown and I'm not going to(I've seen fragments- that's enough for me). I hate reality tv anyway, and to be honest the most interesting person in Houston family was Whitney. Everything about her was unique - talent and looks, charisma and wit. It will be hard for her daughter to fill her shoes - don't want to sound like a basher here - but she neither has looks or talent of her mother and she will always be compared. That's tough for a young pretty girl like her. The rest of the Houston family is not interesting enough for me - especially weird Pat and enabling his sister Gary. Reality number 2 for 19-years old Bobbi is the only thing that she had achieved so far. I just hope she will not stop at that. Reality tv is bull****(sorry to those who like it) it's just not art.

On a more cheerful note, I found this: The Bodyguard Album Appreciation in Classic Whitney Discussion Forum

I like the photo from The Pool Kiss. Did she smile at him like that during that scene when they were already on the grass? Or is that a picture from in between shots?
I also like this: "The Bodyguard" - I Love the 90's - YouTube it's rather funny.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala79 (View Post)
It will be hard for her daughter to fill her shoes - don't want to sound like a basher here - but she neither has looks or talent of her mother and she will always be compared. That's tough for a young pretty girl like her. The rest of the Houston family is not interesting enough for me - especially weird Pat and enabling his sister Gary. Reality number 2 for 19-years old Bobbi is the only thing that she had achieved so far. I just hope she will not stop at that. Reality tv is bull****(sorry to those who like it) it's just not art.
Yeah it's going to be very hard for BK to fill her mother's shoes or try to. If it were just Bobbi & Cissy I might be tempted, but I still don't know if I would because like I said I hate shows like that. I think Bobbi should just forget about all this reality crap and do her own thing because really it's going to be hard on her I think to have everyone in the world see her emotional and torn up about her mother's death and trying to move on from it and she doesn't need that type of exposer right now she's been through enough all ready I think this is just going to make it worse for her grief, but then again I'm not her and I don't know her personally so maybe it'll help, but I doubt it. BTW I've never watched Being Bobby Brown either thank god! and never will

Quote:
Did she smile at him like that during that scene when they were already on the grass? Or is that a picture from in between shots?
I saw the photo you're referring to and no she didn't smile at him like that in that scene so it's probably between takes that it was taken.

Quote:
she neither has looks or talent of her mother and she will always be compared.
I've always thought that BK was/is a pretty girl and I do think she's got talent maybe not as much as her mother did, but she's got talent nonetheless. Yes she'll always be compared, but that's to be expected I guess.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 05-11-2012 at 04:21 PM
Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Btw--look at the pic from dlisted regarding shauna sand and her beau:

WARNING: Extreme Natural Romance And Elegance Ahead | Dlisted

Does it remind you of anything? It sure reminds me of one of my favorite TBG scenes--the one where he (Frank) rescues Rachel in the nightclub and the look on her face as he's lifting her up--not to violate the kevney topic of this thread because when I first posted about this many weeks ago I said Whitney did not look like she was acting....so it directly involves the KC-WH love connection we've been speculating about imo....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Find! I've made a screenshot of the similar pose of Kevin & Whitney from The Bodyguard video and matched it up with the photo of Shauna and her beau. And I've got to tell y’all this: Either Whitney Houston was one hellava ACTRESS or she was having one hellava MOMENT in that scene with Kevin—or perhaps BOTH!

It’s amazing that while TBG photo is much more tasteful than Shauan’s obvious sex scene (Frank & Rachel were fully clothed and the scene was NOT of a sexual nature), the INTENSE look on Whitney’s face when Kevin grabs her as he comes to her rescue is unmistakable. WOW!

Don’t tell me those two (Frank & Rachel/Kevin & Whitney) weren’t connecting in ways we can only imagine. No wonder, she didn’t want Kevin to put his tongue in her mouth during kissing scenes on screen. And no wonder, Kevin couldn’t get Whitney out of his mind after 20 years!

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:
Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Shiroja (View Post)
Hey girls,

I found some photos of The Bodyguard premiere from another forum. One of them has been posted here, but I've not seen the other photos shared here yet, so here goes:

Great pics Shiroja and thank you for sharing them. You can DEFINITELY see a noticeable difference in the smiles KC had with Whit compared to others. "IT" the clown mugged up looking like a fool as usual...ughhhhhhh...anyway I noticed in most of the Bodyguard premiere photos Kevin is caught glaring at Whitney in almost each one. LOL I don't find it coincidental that he is staring at her blushing in every pic; I bet he was looking at her the entire time ...& totally off subject but I CAN'T DEAL with Kevin & those jeanssssss omg he know he could've thrown on a pair of dress slacks smh lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiroja, you might not like how Kevin mixed the jeans with the tux jacket for the Premiere night, but I think you would be surprised--pleasantly surprised-- if he took off that jacket and showed off his *attributes* in jeans. The way Kevin looks in tight jeans, both on and off-screen, has been the source of much online discussions. Check out the reference LaTasha (here on this forum) made awhile ago to the video clip of Kevin Costner on tour in Japan right after the debut of The Bodyguard.

Check out the Japan video. Pay attention to the jeans when he in walking through the airport and his trench coats opens up a little.

http://youtu.be/F8ULoMtVpyU

(There is also a scene in the Bodyguard where he wears jeans, and his attributes are quite noticeable. I wonder if he wore the jeans during the Premiere showing of TBG as a reminder for someone special. Hmmm????)

Last edited by danyale06; 05-12-2012 at 08:08 PM Reason: I don't want to double post. Is this the way to avoid double posting?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyale06 (View Post)
I agree with you they definitely are sharing the same passion it's the same look it's not similar, but thee same. I can see it.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
No Joke:

C.O., just admit that you dislike CB. LOL. As far as BK's life is concerned, the Costners might as well be on another planet at this point, certainly not close enough to her influence her to make good decisions. They are in different circles, probably (although that YouTube video where the reporter about KC and the bodyguard shushes him makes me wonder).

I WISH that her godmother CeCe Winans, who leads a respectable stable life and has a successful career as a singer, and other level-headed adults were influencing Bobbi Kristina now. But with Pat Houston having so much say-so in the trust that WH set up for her daughter, and other aspects of BK's financial affairs and all, it's probably hard for them to do that. We need to PRAAAAYYYY for BK, because Whitney—for God only knows what reason—entrusted her most beloved daughter to a brother with a past addiction and a greedy sister-in-law with terrible judgement.

Cissy is formidable, but she cannot fight all these battles on her own. And why did she agree to it?

You know, at one point in my life I had to cut ties with a family member, several actually, who were making bad moral decisions. It was hard enough, but once money became part of the equation, things became vicious and contentious and now I have no contact with my mother. I'm starting to see what a travesty WH's personal life was. The stakes were much, much higher with her fame and fortune. The article says:

Pat Houston said she had been developing a TV project for herself for some time but the unexpected death of Houston had affected the direction of the show.

"It is my hope that others will be enlightened as they watch our family heal and move forward," she said in a statement.

She's worse than Boooby, because she's continuing to exploit WH for her own personal gain. I bet that TV project that she had been "developing for some time" didn't have a chance in elhl of getting green-lighted. But now that Whitney is dead, all of a sudden her languishing project took on a new direction. Yeah, the direction of 'go.'

That's it. My mind is officially made up against Pat Houston. And it reinforces what we've all believed for a long time. Had WH married a REAL man, a FORMIDABLE, and level-headed man instead of that boy-clown, he would have given her the backbone to clean house and push these nightmare relations to the margins where they belong. Let them get college degrees and office jobs, instead of sucking the life out of the woman, and now her child.

I also noticed that the article didn't mention Dionne Warwick participating. She seemed to have had her fill of reality TV after "Celebrity Apprentice." Too bad Pat & Gary couldn't have learned from Whitney's mistake. Keep your private life private, and you'll give the media vultures less of a right to intrude in your life.

This whole thing makes me sick. But like I said, God don't like ugly. And karma is a -----.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Too bad Pat & Gary couldn't have learned from Whitney's mistake. Keep your private life private, and you'll give the media vultures less of a right to intrude in your life.
I guess none of them learned a lesson from Being Bobby Brown it'll be like BBB 2.0 or something...ugh makes me