Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Just have to say that ending was so disappointing.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Honestly if the show doesn't get pick up they should do the decent thing and release that scene online for fans to see. Screw you Lionsgate.
jbshmdfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched. Is it even worth watching?

I guess the fact that this was the only cliffhanger shows you how much they value this duo. Either that or they were hedging their bets on whether or not Hayden would come back.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
I haven't watched. Is it even worth watching?

I guess the fact that this was the only cliffhanger shows you how much they value this duo. Either that or they were hedging their bets on whether or not Hayden would come back.
I think it's both. Other than the crap end of the stick we got, I loved the episode.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

That's the thing, I loved the episode too, and then after Kevin/Will's cliffhanger didn't happen and ours did, and then I immediately saw the Ausiello tweet, I went from slightly confused to really mad. It's one thing if they did it because Hayden might not come back, even though IMO a 5th season would be a reboot and they could just write her out via a time jump death, but this story says they did it to try and entice networks to pick them up since they would have some kind of cliffhanger to give people a reason to watch the 5th season. The thing is, if Hayden is out for a 5th season, then we will know Juliette is dead (and a lot of people wouldn't be as interested to watch the show without her). If she is coming back, then what kind of mystery is there in what happened? We'll know she comes out of it okay. What kind of cliffhanger is it when you would know what happened before the next season starts based on the status of an actor? It's just such a stupid cliffhanger to begin with, and I hate Dee Johnson and the original writers for giving it to Lionsgate to use for stupid purposes.
slbcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Over an hour later and I am still pissed. So sick of J/A and their fans getting the short end of the stick. Hardly had any J/A scenes all season, and we were the chosen one to keep the cliffhanger. Why couldn't it have been Will or even Maddie not coming back? Or they could have given everyone a happy ending and then pick up down the road if the show gets picked up.

This article makes it sound like it was Callie, who made this dumb decision.

‘Nashville’ Finale: Creator & Producers Have Stories Left To Tell | Deadline
KellieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

the whole thing is freaken stupid. I do believe Hayden was part of those plans but RL is now into play and finding a home is not even a done deal. So so so stupid.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is a second Deadline article from tonight mentioning the networks they pitched the show to or are pitching it:

‘Nashville’ Finale Opts For Cliffhanger Ending Amid Hope For Season 5 | Deadline

Also heard this morning Lionsgate was in a meeting with one network about the show.

Don't know if they will find one or not. Still stupid to leave to leave it on cliffhanger.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

I am going to choose to believe that they know they are getting a deal and are going to wait for Hayden to come back otherwise it makes me so pissed off that I won't be able to sleep tonight. Another one of my ship got the finger last night so two nights in a row of short end of the stick makes me insomnia because of anger.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I think they would wait for Hayden. If they get a deal, it would not need to be ready to go for September. Cable or streaming has no set premiere week like broadcast, so they could hold up production and start later as the show might not even air until 2017. Also Lionsgate immediately started trying to shop the show, so that means they are pitching the same S5 stories they pitched to ABC. No way did they have to time to rework the stories within a day. I really think the S5 stories the new showrunners mapped out included Juliette.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
I think they would wait for Hayden. If they get a deal, it would not need to be ready to go for September. Cable or streaming has no set premiere week like broadcast, so they could hold up production and start later as the show might not even air until 2017. Also Lionsgate immediately started trying to shop the show, so that means they are pitching the same S5 stories they pitched to ABC. No way did they have to time to rework the stories within a day. I really think the S5 stories the new showrunners mapped out included Juliette.
the thing is... I am not even sure Hayden is in the place where she should come back or would even want to. She is having such a battle right now.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm just going to remain positive because I'm so outdone right now. I think Hayden would want to return if she's healthy enough to do so. Especially if it's a final 10 episodes or something like that.
soup333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
So true they have Avery cry every finale.

On another topic, did any of you see that AP interview? She said she would love to win an Oscar one day. She is as delusional as Layla. No way does she have the acting skills to win any award.
Who is she? Sorry didn't follow the whole conversation so I'm not sure. Btw horrible ending for all javery fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
the thing is... I am not even sure Hayden is in the place where she should come back or would even want to. She is having such a battle right now.
Yes that might be true bc this role was so close to her own life and battles. In any way if she doesn't come back I will be very pissed at the showrunners for giving us this cliffhanger.

Last edited by Arrakis; 05-26-2016 at 09:59 AM
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well new showrunners might be more sensitive and willing to move away from PPD for Juliette if they come back.

I think AP is the actress who plays Layla.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

We better:
'Nashville' Filmed a Happy Ending — You Might Get to See It - Us Weekly
slbcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread