Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Gay marriage in ny

This is OT but I don't really care due to what its regarding...

BREAKING NEWS: #gaymarriage passes New York State Senate 33-29
Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

hey

Im back. no work came down to the casual hall so now I have to get up early tomorrow to see if any work comes down in the morning.
Im now going to step out for a few to catch up on whats going on.

By the way when you guy start fighting over jemma or Lusia. I hear Sophie B Hawikins song in my head Damn I wish I could be your lover
Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikChik (View Post)
I think Jenny could have done whatever she wanted either way, it definitely seems to be a flaw of hers; however, I do think without the alcohol and adrenaline rush possessed from a night out dancing she probably could have talked herself out of the situation. Even so, she knew exactly what she was doing and back to the bathroom scene she said "I was trying to stop thinking about you" which is completely premeditated and no one goes out with a single flirty guy where booze and sexual energy is present without realizing the impending situation they will inevitably find them self within. It's like complaining about getting burned while holding a candle and watching the wick slowly disappear... uh yeah... gonna happen.
Ditto
Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Just picking this out because Jenny failed at this.

And I almost agree with you - but I don't think she went out with the intention to get it on with Ben - I really do think she just went to dance crazily to forget Emma and the sex......just followed. It's debateable. Point is Jenny didn't sleep with Ben for Ben - to be with Ben - or whatever - he was just the nearest thing available. Emily slept with JJ - for JJ - an act that wasn't selfish or for any negative reasons.
No I agree I don't think that was her full intention but I do think somewhere she realized that was a possibility... I don't for one second think she's that oblivious.

He was exactly that... available... though I have to say her line about not being with another woman/girl whatever only serves to reaffirm my thought that she did to some extent think it through before proceeding.

Emily/JJ - still don't get it... I mean she was being nice to him but its just weird. I can think of far better ways to be nice
Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2noopy (View Post)
hey

Im back. no work came down to the casual hall so now I have to get up early tomorrow to see if any work comes down in the morning.
Im now going to step out for a few to catch up on whats going on.

By the way when you guy start fighting over jemma or Lusia. I hear Sophie B Hawikins song in my head Damn I wish I could be your lover
HAHA though I don't recall talking about Lusia
Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Doc's post is way too wordy for this time in the morning.
Sorry, mate. I'm switching between work and FF and got a bit carried away. Consider the post a handy sleeping aid!

Honestly, I think and do things when I'm drunk that I wouldn't do sober. Like, there are impulses and the things that keep me from acting on them are reason and common sense and judgment--things that gradually disappear if I'm really drunk. All sorts of barriers come down, things are seen in a different light, etc.

Not to be deep and analytical, but I think there are different conceptions out there of what the terms 'gay' and 'lesbian' mean. So when a character says 'I'm a lesbian' the assumption is that they are attracted exclusively to women when in fact that isn't how they feel at all. In that respect, HaH did well to not say anything explicitly and to just let the characters' actions speak for them.

Seriously, guys I'm incapable of writing short things so I'm apologising in advance for all the verbiage
Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I just saw on tumblr! Awesome GO NEW YORK GO.

S2noopy Hai!

Quote:
He was exactly that... available... though I have to say her line about not being with another woman/girl whatever only serves to reaffirm my thought that she did to some extent think it through before proceeding.
Oic perhaps.......perhaps. Jenny having sex with a girl instead of Ben would have been so much hotter IDEC.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmdoc (View Post)
Sorry, mate. I'm switching between work and FF and got a bit carried away. Consider the post a handy sleeping aid!

Honestly, I think and do things when I'm drunk that I wouldn't do sober. Like, there are impulses and the things that keep me from acting on them are reason and common sense and judgment--things that gradually disappear if I'm really drunk. All sorts of barriers come down, things are seen in a different light, etc.

Not to be deep and analytical, but I think there are different conceptions out there of what the terms 'gay' and 'lesbian' mean. So when a character says 'I'm a lesbian' the assumption is that they are attracted exclusively to women when in fact that isn't how they feel at all. In that respect, HaH did well to not say anything explicitly and to just let the characters' actions speak for them.

Seriously, guys I'm incapable of writing short things so I'm apologising in advance for all the verbiage
LOL it's ok DOC I love your lengthy posts You give us wonderful insight and make us ask very interesting questions even at 3am.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Hate to run in the middle of this great debate but it's nearly 11pm here and I want to go home... I'll try to pop in over the weekend but no promises.

I love you all! Have a great weekend and don't have too much fun without me but if you do I want the dirt

to kara, lauren, doc & s2noopy oh and whoever may be lurking
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Night Kim Have a good weekend. I'm gonna go to bed too. Catch a few Z'zzz.

Night everyone
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That's fantastic!!! I meant to turn on MSNBC tonight to see what happened but just forgot. GO NY!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hate to run in the middle of this great debate but it's nearly 11pm here and I want to go home... I'll try to pop in over the weekend but no promises.

I love you all! Have a great weekend and don't have too much fun without me but if you do I want the dirt

to kara, lauren, doc & s2noopy oh and whoever may be lurking
Night Kim! I may be out of here myself soon. I can feel my eyes drooping
Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Goodnight, Kim and Lauren!

What excellent news about New York!

That totally reminded me of Liz Feldman's comment about gay marriage
Liz Feldman gay marriage quote The Gay Marriage Blog - Get Engaged
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmdoc (View Post)

I get what your saying. I have no problem at all with sexual fluidity. I think it's possible that Jenny falls for the person and not their gender. I think you are absolutely right that HAH left that for the viewer to take out of it what they wanted.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagail (View Post)
I get what your saying. I have no problem at all with sexual fluidity. I think it's possible that Jenny falls for the person and not their gender. I think you are absolutely right that HAH left that for the viewer to take out of it what they wanted.
And I also think that people have sex for a ton of different reasons which can totally overlap. I absolutely believe that Jenny was totally using Ben--but then they were both using each other to deal with not being able to have the women they really love. I can also understand that going out and dancing and being in a sexually charged situation is a release for her. I think she has a keen sense of the sexual power she wields and even though it's poor consolation for Emma's rejection, it's still a bit of an ego-booster when she's down. I don't think she went out with the intention of having sex, or that she consciously intended to get back at Emma. She's a shrewd enough judge of character to see that Emma has feelings for her and she's so fixated on Emma that she can't bring herself to get involved with another woman. So I can see how, unconsciously, she could also have had an impulse in the heat of the moment to let herself go with Ben with the idea of sending a message to Emma--testing her if you will. A bit like saying, 'If you really don't care, then this won't make any difference to you.' But then when her judgment returns she realises it was the wrong thing and rushes to keep Emma from finding out. In real life, people are complex and they do things for inexplicable reasons that shift from moment to moment as circumstances change. And that's sort of what Jenny seems to do, in my view.