Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I think everyone's gone to bed.
im still here

Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That is a good point. I haven't seen near as enough complaints. I can only think it's because the motivations behind Jenny and Emma's dip into hetrosexuality were startlingly different. And Jenny isn't a self confessed lesbian either..........
I don't know enough about the storyline as a whole--beyond the Jemma clips--to know what may or may not have been said about either character's sexuality. Which is why I wish someone had asked about that during the web chat (or maybe they did and it just didn't get chosen). I thought Jenny had said something about not being into boys because when Emma confronts her about Ben in the auditorium sequence, she says something like 'I didn't think you liked boys'. I sort of assumed she was a self-confessed to some extent. Personally, I subscribe to the fluidity model of sexuality, so I don't have a problem with either storyline; I just wondered what other people though.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So am I. It's 2:40 am but it's friday so.

Yup that and Jenny slept with Ben out of heartbreak, sleeping with Ben almost seemed all about Emma, hence why Emma was cut inbetween at the musical. Emily/JJ was just this totally random move from a girl who before episode 7 had no shown no interest in JJ friendly or otherwise.

Possibly fandom was outraged because Emily was sharing a relationship with someone in which Naomi had absolutely nothing to do with it.........IDK.
YAY! Late night chatting

I agree the JJ/Emily thing was completely random and I understand why it incited such a reaction from fans. Jenny/Ben not the same at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by annPL (View Post)
im still here
ann hey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagail (View Post)
What you offering?
what do you want? gifs, pics, music...
Old 06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm out for the night. Bye everyone, have a great evening/day etc.

India pics, if you are interested. http://imageshack.us/g/202/india2011332.jpg/
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla_fam (View Post)
I'm out for the night. Bye everyone, have a great evening/day etc.
night night ucla
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So am I. It's 2:40 am but it's friday so.

Yup that and Jenny slept with Ben out of heartbreak, sleeping with Ben almost seemed all about Emma, hence why Emma was cut inbetween at the musical. Emily/JJ was just this totally random move from a girl who before episode 7 had no shown no interest in JJ friendly or otherwise.

Possibly fandom was outraged because Emily was sharing a relationship with someone in which Naomi had absolutely nothing to do with it.........IDK.
You know Jenny was out to get back at Emma with having sex with Ben. I think the only way Jenny deals with people who hurt her is to hurt them even worse. Hence the Radio competition and the alarm. You could even tell that she was doing it out of spite by the last moment with the expression on her face. She didn't even care if Caro spread the rumor....not until she got the letter and realized that it was about to blow up in her face. All of this just may be crazy talk
Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmdoc (View Post)
I don't know enough about the storyline as a whole--beyond the Jemma clips--to know what may or may not have been said about either character's sexuality. Which is why I wish someone had asked about that during the web chat (or maybe they did and it just didn't get chosen). I thought Jenny had said something about not being into boys because when Emma confronts her about Ben in the auditorium sequence, she says something like 'I didn't think you liked boys'. I sort of assumed she was a self-confessed to some extent. Personally, I subscribe to the fluidity model of sexuality, so I don't have a problem with either storyline; I just wondered what other people though.
Nothing has been concretely said about Jenny's sexuality. We only know she has crushed and fallen in love with Emma and that from what she has said about "coming out" it sounds as if she has already done that to some extent in her past - so I do think she's had other relationships with girls. But Jenny knows she's attractive and that people want her and she uses that to get what she wants. The only times she's shown any interest in guys is when she's using them for something. She's never shown genuine interest.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikChik (View Post)

what do you want? gifs, pics, music...
Would you be willing to read a bit more? Its always great when I have a sounding board
Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You know Jenny was out to get back at Emma with having sex with Ben. I think the only way Jenny deals with people who hurt her is to hurt them even worse. Hence the Radio competition and the alarm. You could even tell that she was doing it out of spite by the last moment with the expression on her face. She didn't even care if Caro spread the rumor....not until she got the letter and realized that it was about to blow up in her face. All of this just may be crazy talk
No that's a fair point she does seem to hurt in return... you know truthfully I don't think she thought she had a chance with Emma so outright I don't think she thought it would affect Emma. Also, I'm not sure she actually thought Caro was going to go spreading it around either (though if that's the case then mass fail on her part as Caro has marathon mouth)
Old 06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikChik (View Post)
YAY! Late night chatting
ann hey!
Hey (i just love this emoticon, it reminds me of

Old 06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Would you be willing to read a bit more? Its always great when I have a sounding board
Do you really even need to ask? Yes yes I would!
Quote:
Nothing has been concretely said about Jenny's sexuality. We only know she has crushed and fallen in love with Emma and that from what she has said about "coming out" it sounds as if she has already done that to some extent in her past - so I do think she's had other relationships with girls. But Jenny knows she's attractive and that people want her and she uses that to get what she wants. The only times she's shown any interest in guys is when she's using them for something. She's never shown genuine interest.
I really don't think Jenny has any use for guys beyond what she needs at that very moment. She doesn't emotionally connect with them and I agree that she's had a relationship with a girl before... that doesn't seem to be in question in my mind.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm I don't know. Jenny does act by re-acting to things - especially when she gets hurt (which poor Emma accidentally kept doing ) but I don't think sex with Ben was to get back at Emma at all. Sex with Ben was purely diversion tactics kind of like eating the pizza, it was comfort and doing something for the sake of it, to try and take your mind off sht.
And she did care about who knew because before Caro found out she was desperate for Ben to say nothing to noone and you can see the regret on her face when she sees Emma at school the next day. Emma kissing Luzi now that was out of spite....
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annPL (View Post)
Hey i just love this emoticon, it reminds me of http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/665...0621195616.png
I does look just like that
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does Jemma have their own backhug
Old 06-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
maybe it's crazy talk and if is, that means im crazy because i 'totes' agree with you

Closed Thread   Post New Thread