Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope the next episode doesn't play out to where no one knows about the car wreck until half way through the episode or the end of the episode? Or those preview scenes are before Jax finds out about Gemma and the boys.

The truck driver would have called 911 right? They saw in their rearview mirror Gemma's SUV go over the embankment?

I can see Tara blaming Jax. Or at the least lashing out at him. Tara had reservations about Gemma babysitting, and she's going to regret not listening to her intuition. It's human nature when a person is going through a traumatic situation to go through an anger stage, and lash out at other people due to their pain. Look at Eli throwing Juice under the bus. I remember Kurt saying the writing for them would show a united pair, but there would be moments when people would perceive they wouldn't make it.

The whole thing looked contrived from Jax/Gemma conversation, Jax convincing Tara to let Gemma babysit, Tara wanting reassurance from Gemma that the boys would be safe, Gemma struggling with her seatbelt while Phil looks on concerned as she drives away...

What really irks me is this is probably the reason why
Spoiler:
Zoie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 PM
New Fan

A few JT screen caps for 5x07, sp just in case someone hasn't seen the new episode.
Spoiler:
jessie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoie85 (View Post)
I hope the next episode doesn't play out to where no one knows about the car wreck until half way through the episode or the end of the episode? Or those preview scenes are before Jax finds out about Gemma and the boys.

The truck driver would have called 911 right? They saw in their rearview mirror Gemma's SUV go over the embankment?

I can see Tara blaming Jax. Or at the least lashing out at him. Tara had reservations about Gemma babysitting, and she's going to regret not listening to her intuition. It's human nature when a person is going through a traumatic situation to go through an anger stage, and lash out at other people due to their pain. Look at Eli throwing Juice under the bus. I remember Kurt saying the writing for them would show a united pair, but there would be moments when people would perceive they wouldn't make it.

The whole thing looked contrived from Jax/Gemma conversation, Jax convincing Tara to let Gemma babysit, Tara wanting reassurance from Gemma that the boys would be safe, Gemma struggling with her seatbelt while Phil looks on concerned as she drives away...

What really irks me is this is probably the reason why
Spoiler:
Tara lies to Jax about Gemma being involved in killing his Father, covers it up and Abel gets injured/possibly killed due to her still being in their lives, something which wouldn't be the case had she told Jax. Tara lies to Jax about Clay having killed his Father and she almost gets murdered, injures her hand and loses her career as a surgeon. I see a pattern....
HelloYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Damn, another intense yet awesome episode. S5 is shaping up to be my favourite season so far

I doubt Abel will die. If he did, Tara and Jax be done, finished. It would be too much drama for the show to fit Abel's death and the repercussions it will have on Gemma, Tara and Jax. This accident was done for the purpose as a wake up call for Gemma (no pun intended ). This is her finally hitting rock bottom. I pray that we'll see the old Gemma back. Though I would not blame Jax and Tara for telling her to stay the hell away but with 2 more seasons left, Gemma has some sucking up to do. She'll be answering to the HBIC now, and it wont be her ego.

I am finally relieved that 2/3 of The Nomads are dead! Though having said that the one I really want dead is still alive. I will now refer to Clay as Ratboy1.0 as he is the original sneaky slime ball. I liked Detective User tonight. He made me proud

Juice, now is the time to speak up

It was refreshing to see Tara step up more and take ownership of her Queenly title. This was a great episode for her. Her interaction with Bobby and Tig, to Clay put a smile on my face. Even her scenes with Jax just made me warm and fuzzy.

Haha Jeff Winger got served by Samcro!

Quote:

Why didn't whatshisname insist on driving Gemma and the boys home when he saw she could barely put on her seatbelt?
Because Phil is a doofus who is more concerned about cereal than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara (View Post)
I'm curious about this perfume thing with Tara and Otto...hmm...
Me too. I have a feeling Tara will be on the lookout for this blue bottle that smells of.....

Here is next weeks promo
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Worse yet that Tara sprays the bloody parfume to captivate Otto in doing her bidding lol.

Was I the only one who burst a gut when Jax sat on the couch and his shirt and couch matched?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloYou (View Post)
Tara lies to Jax about Gemma being involved in killing his Father, covers it up and Abel gets injured/possibly killed due to her still being in their lives, something which wouldn't be the case had she told Jax. Tara lies to Jax about Clay having killed his Father and she almost gets murdered, injures her hand and loses her career as a surgeon. I see a pattern....
The only pattern here is that you blame Tara not showing Jax JT's letters or not revealing Gemma being an accomplice to John Teller's murder as the reason for every bad thing that happens to Jax, Tara, Thomas, and Abel in Season 4 and 5.

The writers write the storylines, and know which direction they're going. Gemma and Clay are around because Kurt Sutter wants them to be around. They aren't going anywhere. So playing the "If Tara had" game is pointless.

Jax already knew his mom was off the rails. He called her a trainwreck in this episode. He was the one to convince Tara to let Gemma watch the boys while they went to the cabin. Jax knows deep down that Gemma was involved in John Teller's murder. That's why he's been cold and distant towards her ever since he got those letters.

If it wasn't Gemma, then someone else would be the catalyst for whatever storylines are going on.

You're acting as though Gemma would deliberately hurt Abel and Thomas which is not true. Like she had a chesire grin on her face as she ran into the embankment.
Zoie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think Abel will die, I think hes going to be in the hospital, this is the same kid that survived a surgery which he had only optimistically a 20% chance of living.

I don't think Tara is going to hate Jax, its not his fault and she was also the one that said I'll leave the kids here and Gemma can pick them up, she could have brought the kids home first and Tara has been warming up to Gemma in recent weeks. Plus, Kurt tweeted that Tara and Gemma's relationship will never be the same, nothing about Jax.

Like this episode, I think the next episode will start off right where the last one ended. So Jax will still be heading up to the cabin, so we will probably have some kind of Jax/Tara scene there. Unless he some how finds out about the crash that quickly or the guys trying to kill him makes him cancel everything. But maybe they get a night together.

I don't know how to put up spoilers, but I think Juice is going to die this season. Roosevelt telling Jax he will tell him who ratted and there is something that was said on the latest WTFSutter, that makes me think Juice isn't goingto make it.
JTFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't understand Juice right now. He knows Clay is involved in the Nomads and he knows that Clay did something to Tara. Why is he sticking by him? I wish he would just let Jax know that Clay was there when the Nomads where killed. Sounds like the club might find out about his involvement with the Rico case soon.

I really hope that both boys end up being okay. Sounded like Thomas was fine but POOR ABEL! Has that boy not suffered enough? I honestly think Tara might give Jax a hard time due to Gemma but I don't think it causes them to break up. I think they will stand strong. If hurting Able is a way to straighten Gemma out, I wish they could have found another way.

In a total fan girl moment, how cute was the scene of the boys and the club? The club (all of them) just melt around them and I love how they play with them and their reactions to them. Another fangirl moment Tig watching out for Tara. It's about time we got past scrubs watching her and got someone that will actually stop someone from hurting her.

Did anyone else get the sense that the black guy that shot at Jax and Chibs is a set up from Clay? A way to distance the Nomads from him and put them on Pope. I have a feeling the other guy is Frankie. What is Clay's end game?

I hope Jax/Tara stand strong through yet another tragedy in their life. I wish Wendy would just stay away. I'm ready for Clay to die. I want Mr Teller to stay smart and put an end to Clay. I want Able to make it through this. Last but not least I'm ready for the blond streaks to be gone from Gemma's hair. I just don't like them.

Jacey
Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I just watched the episode and, oh my ********** god!!!!!!!!

I completely forgot being disappointed that we didn't get 'cabin scenes', because there was so much happening!

For a second there, I really did think the nomads would kill Unser!

The accident was an 'omfg' moment, but I don't think Abel's dead!

I thought Jax got shot in the leg, but I'm guessing it was just the fall, since he seems to be walking fine in the preview!

I'm excited to see what's gonna happen with Juice! And I really hope he makes it through the season, even though he might not be the smartest of all, I really like Juice! I sorta find his näivité endearing (which is weird since we're talking about a biker who's killed before!)

I think that Jax doesn't know about the accident yet in the preview, I wonder if the makes it to the cabin and then we see him and Tara get the call! Or if the episode opens with them in the hospital, and the reason that Jax doesn't seem concerned in the preview is because nothing serious happened to the boys!

I loved, loved, loved the JT scenes, it was so cute how Jax threw his arm around her when they walked (all though it looked to me as if she didn't kiss him back, you know like she didn't "pout" her mouth, I don't know how to explain it). And the scene where she told him to hurry up (hurry uo so you can do what, Tara? ), the kiss and Jax' smile They're so cute together! The scenes were short, but imo they difinitely showcased their love for each other!

I the screen time they used for the chase of Joel McHale's character could've been better spend, but all in all I thought it was an awsome episode!

Sorry for the long post!
Hanna20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

When I said this might cause a rift between Tara and Jax, I didn't mean that they will break up. I was thinking more in the lines of Tara being furious with Jax for an episode. For instance when she had the accident with her hand, she yelled at Jax and then then in the next episode, everything was OK.

It was very disturbing to me having Thomas crying and Abel lying there unconsious Just earlier, he was running around with a huge smile on his face. Poor boy, he has suffered enough in just 3 years or is it 2? He better be OK Mr Sutter. I just knew something was going to happen since the episode was just too calm lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked Tara's hair in this episode. Not as curly and more natural.
Spoiler:
anni94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara (View Post)
Turns out I was right last week when I said Uncle Happy would have made a better sitter for those babies.
Anyone would have been better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacey2 (View Post)
In a total fan girl moment, how cute was the scene of the boys and the club? The club (all of them) just melt around them and I love how they play with them and their reactions to them. Another fangirl moment Tig watching out for Tara. It's about time we got past scrubs watching her and got someone that will actually stop someone from hurting her.
I was totally melting during them! I love Tig looking out for Tara I do like their relationship.

I love Juice and I just want him to get away from Clay. And now i'm going to be worried about him .
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
WonderlandGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The only pattern here is that you blame Tara not showing Jax JT's letters or not revealing Gemma being an accomplice to John Teller's murder as the reason for every bad thing that happens to Jax, Tara, Thomas, and Abel in Season 4 and 5.

The writers write the storylines, and know which direction they're going. Gemma and Clay are around because Kurt Sutter wants them to be around. They aren't going anywhere. So playing the "If Tara had" game is pointless.

Jax already knew his mom was off the rails. He called her a trainwreck in this episode. He was the one to convince Tara to let Gemma watch the boys while they went to the cabin. Jax knows deep down that Gemma was involved in John Teller's murder. That's why he's been cold and distant towards her ever since he got those letters.

If it wasn't Gemma, then someone else would be the catalyst for whatever storylines are going on.

You're acting as though Gemma would deliberately hurt Abel and Thomas which is not true. Like she had a chesire grin on her face as she ran into the embankment.
I agree with everything you said here. So i wont add anything else.

You guys, Gemma has always been one of my favourite characters - through all the shenanigans, i get that family is important to her. And that value i think has always been consistent. At war with that is the need to be #1 in the life of her son, to control and make decisions or "help" them along. To see her sink so low and to now see what her choices have done... KS is right. I dont know what is going to happen to Gemma and Tara. But it wont be good.

Anyone else see a parallel here between Wendy and Gemma? Its like their roles are reversed. Wendy almost killed Abel because of a drug addiction she wasnt - at the time - able to get under control. And she made horrible choices because of it. Gemma, due to bad choices now might be responsible for the death of Abel. Or at the very least, the injuring of both her grandchildren. If Gemma was out of control before, i dont see this realisation making things any better.

Despite her crazy, Gemma loves her grandkids. And she likely thought she was in control when she got behind that wheel. Jax and Tara have every right to cut her off at the knees. Gemma is not coming out of this one unscathed.

What does this mean for the future of a Tara/Gemma relationship?
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
AragornsQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

JACEY2 , i do agree that Clay had that planned - the guy that got away i think was Frankie Diamonds, when Jax went to see Clay , he pushed that it was "Pope" Clay is totally behind this !!!! What in the heck is JUICE thinking , did you see the look Jax gave him at Clays Thinking about this Wendy is back in episode 12 right?? Gemma might take her OUT to try and get back in Jax/Tara good graces, thats what i hope , i will be very upset if she ends up taking Abel from them
soagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anni94 (View Post)
I really liked Tara's hair in this episode. Not as curly and more natural.
Spoiler:
It was from episode 4, It's Opie's house. She's going to talk to Lyla, It's on the season 5 app as additional content.

Also, Hi Everyone! Coming out of lurkdom to ask to be added, and to hopefully join in on the conversation! I'm waiting to do a rewatch before I combine all my thoughts together, but Abel better be 100% okay, or I may lose my mind!
Elixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread