Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I finished watching the episode:

-Way too much J/M and Michael. It was so boring. I did like the moment when Jane fed Michael the lines of his routine when he was at the comedy club. That was sweet. And Michael can't tell Jane's fake laughing from her real laughing?

-I'm starting to love to hate Catalina. It's a fun kind of hate. I love what she brings out in Jane and the J/R relationship.

-I'm with Coco Cat. The show needs to find a new dynamic with Petra and Rafael. It's getting old. We've seen them play this cat and mouse game for 2.5 years. Enough already. Oddly enough, I understood where Petra was coming from. But the show acts like their crimes are equal when they're not. And I don't like that the show keeps glossing over the fact that Rafael was violated by Anezka. And again is forgetting all the horrible things Petra has done to Rafael.

-I loved that Jane was on Rafael's side.

Spoiler:

ETA: I like both Darci and Bruce a lot. I just love Xiomara and Rogelio more with other people than with each other.

Last edited by wanderer78; 01-24-2017 at 07:30 PM
Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the conversations Jane and Rafael had about Catalina but I wish Catalina were gone. I'm not sure where her story is headed. She started out wel but her point kind of petered out in the end.

Spoiler:

Speaking Catalina's story feeling like it's going nowhere, I do have to say I'm a little amused by the JTV seems to have lost its way or is dragging its feet sentiment I've seen elsewhere. It's not that I disagree that it has been dragging its feet but---that's nothing really new for this show, IMO. It happened in the back half of the first season. It happened in the first half of season 2 before it geared up to the wedding (I found that half boring but it did have direction). And so sure it's happening now but I think once we hit the back half, the show will have a focus on whatever cliffhanger or beat they want to hit.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Speaking Catalina's story feeling like it's going nowhere, I do have to say I'm a little amused by the JTV seems to have lost its way or is dragging its feet sentiment I've seen elsewhere. It's not that I disagree that it has been dragging its feet but---that's nothing really new for this show, IMO. It happened in the back half of the first season. It happened in the first half of season 2 before it geared up to the wedding (I found that half boring but it did have direction). And so sure it's happening now but I think once we hit the back half, the show will have a focus on whatever cliffhanger or beat they want to hit.
You're right. JTV has always had times where they were kind of meandering. I didn't know people were saying that though.

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 01:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
You're right. JTV has always had times where they were kind of meandering. I didn't know people were saying that though.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsabetsa (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:

I don't know how people don't get the direction of this show this season. It's about changes and growing up. They have all changed already and they are learning new things. It's so hard to do subtle things in this show, everything needs to announced loud and clear by the narrator for people to get it. A narrator who by the way is biased and has his skin in the game.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't know people were saying that though.
Yeah. I've seen it in some places while discussing this show.

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I don't know how people don't get the direction of this show this season. It's about changes and growing up. They have all changed already and they are learning new things. It's so hard to do subtle things in this show, everything needs to announced loud and clear by the narrator for people to get it. A narrator who by the way is biased and has his skin in the game.
Yeah, I feel the growing up theme that Jennie has talked about. This is the most focused the show has ever been on its theme.

Like I didn't love the last episode, and it felt a lot like filler, especially the Michael stuff. But theme was clear in the whole episode. It was all about growing up.

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Yeah. I've seen it in some places while discussing this show.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Spoiler:
And 7 year old Michael is there for a reason.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler: