Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting.

Yeah, I think that younger people want Liz and Will together too because it's all that "prince charming and the pretty girl" It is very Disney-ish. It is a Disney movie, but I think it would have been cool if the girl ended up with the bad boy for once. Would have been cool. And a nice little twist

Last edited by sanna_o75; 05-25-2007 at 02:16 PM
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Yea it is a Disney movie. Bt who cares anything can happen.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

ugh, am i the only that didn't see the movie yet?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Tanith. I'm here. Sorry, I wasn't here when you got back. I saw the movie early and then I came back but you must have already left and then I had to go out.

Hit the g!!

The more and more I recollect what happened in this movie, the worse and worse the cheese begins to stink.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

before we commit mass murder, i think its best to look at it in a positive light. make snarky comments about all the E/W bs and take in the awesome J/E.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was it just me who really really loved this movie even without the Jack/Liz ending??
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

hmmm i'll give you my answer tomorrow night (after i watch the movie)
Old 05-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

I thought the movie was FANTASTIC up until the wedding scene, then it just HONESTLY got cheesy. I would have said that even if I were WE (God forbid). It just got too cheesy with all the cartoonish/soap opera style looks between WE and how they, kind of, out of nowhere were in LOOOOOOVE. You could tell he was through the whole movie but she was... she just wasn't acting like it and then she agrees to get married during a sword fight? And Barbosa actually does it? It was just all so lame and stupid.

Then it was good for a little bit and then it just got REALLY cheesy once the fighting was over. The whole "Your dingy Mrs Turner." crap. And the "look at how badass I am trying to look" looks that Will was giving once he became captain. The ending look was SO cheesy. The island scene was from out of nowhere. It was just ALL so ... thrown together all slap-dashish. I didn't like it. And I REALLY didn't get the different Jacks. I thought it made him look cartoonish and ugh. It was just ok. I thought the first half was really good. It slowly rose on the cheese factor after that, though.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

i'll take your advice and drink some alcohol before i watch the film. but of course, i'll try not to get piss-drunk.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

I actually got drunk. My husband spiked our cokes with rum and I brought bottles of malibu rum and pineapple juice (Tanith's recipe. ).

Oh, man. Imagine if I hadn't have been drunk.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

heh i really don't know! so, are you like a happy drunk? just curious.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Um, hm. I am, until someone pisses me off.

Omg, and last night I left the theater SO pissy. I was going off all the way to the car. I got into an arguement with some jerk over whether it was sexist or not. Did I tell you this already? I think I did.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

you got into an argument? i'm sure the jerk got what was coming to him.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

I'm with you, I love the movie up until the wedding scene, it was cheesy and lame. Really, they could've done a better job. The thing I loved between the wedding scene and the end is the rescue scene, the JE scene there was in the trailer. But people still felt JE even with the lack of scenes we got, I enjoyed, every moment we got, I loved and you all know what my favorite was.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, we were all waiting, like half the audience, for the final scene and when it was done, the theater was quiet and my big, drunk mouth stood up and said something to the effect of, "That's a bunch of crap. After all that, she ends up waiting on an island for ten years? That is the most sexist thing I have ever seen. There's a lesson for you girls, give up your life to wait around for a man."

I wasn't being beligerant, though, or loud or anything. I just said it to the people near me. The women next to me were nodding and listening to me and laughing THEN some ******* tells me to shut the hell up.

My husband was ahead of me (pissed that I made him wait around throught the credits so he went to the lobby) but if he had, he would've gotten into a fight. So it's a good thing he wasn't.

Ahh. Yeah and anyway, the jerk said it wasn't sexist and some other girl, who was sneering at me, said it was romantic. And I said, "Oh yeah. She went from pirate council king (or whatever it was called) to barefoot and pregnant. That IS romantic." Then the lady by me started telling them that it really was a bad message for young girls and then they shrugged and said maybe it was.

Ha. I am such a snarky bitch when I've been drinking. I wouldn't have said all that if I hadn't have had all that stuff planted in my head prior from this board. You bad influences you!