Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Yea Barbossa was the one thing that made me laugh during the wedding.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

So true, and I love Jack, when him and Davy were running around the mast, the Davy tries to scare him, he doesn't react and then "Aaah!!" Love good 'ol Jack
Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Yea in this movie Jack was funny!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing I laughed the most about was when he was trying to get everyone to run to each side of the boat :-)

"Oh, what's that? What there?"
Old 05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh yea! When he tried to rock the boat! Every1 was confused.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarstersAngel (View Post)
Thanks for your review, tanith. I think I'm gonna be laughing my butt off during the W/E wedding. Getting married in the middle of a freaking battle.
Barbs has a really funny line something like "I'm a little busy right now" when they ask him to marry them. And you can't help but laugh because seriously the dialogue and the whole situation they're in, it's asinine. Really ridiculous. It's I think the worst dialogue I've ever heard. It brings the quality of the whole moive down. It's nothing but cheese. Like "Saved by the Bell" had better dialogue. Plus, it casts doubt on whether or not they're actually legally married because Barbs has a line about "As Capt. of this ship I declare you blah blah whatever" But he's not capt of the ship. Jack is. And the whole thing comes out of nowhere. Like I said, they've been fighting up til this point and they really seem to just not give a **** about each other. Lizzie's main concern seems to be to get Jack back. And then, she's depressed about her dad and then she's just pissed at Will. So when they all of a sudden get married you're like WTF? They never talk about her cheating on Will. Apparently, he gets over that It's the worst part of the movie. Right behind the 50 foot tall Tia and the ridiculous mini Jacks hidden in his dreadlocks (don't ask)

Quote:
The J/E scenes sound really good. All the J/E fans who have seen AWE and have said the rescue scene is their favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing that.
This for me was the best scene in the movie. It's so beautiful and the music is just stunning. And the way she hangs on to him and the way he protects her, it's totally Johnny and Keira giving it everything they have. Their faces are what make the moment. This is a moment like the kiss that we'll watch over and over. Then after that, I was waiting for some resolution between the two. It would have been the perfect spot. This is the moment where if you didn't know spoilers you'd be like - okay, now she and Jack are going to take off on the Pearl together. The moment is that touching and epic.

But then, out of nowhere, they get a dinghy for Lizzie and aparently, she's going to leave. And it's another WTF? Why is she leaving? She doesn't even make a comment about leaving, she just goes. It's so unresolved.

Quote:
How is Keira's acting in the J/E goodbye scene? I mean does she (Elizabeth) look sad to be leaving and having to say goodbye to Jack? And with Jack being sad, Johnny's just gonna rip my heart out, I know it.
Johnny is devastating, because the "Keep telling yourself that, darling" is clearly delivered like he knows it would have worked. He has that heartbreaking smile on his face, and then when she goes in for a kiss and he stops her, it's almost like he's protecting himself because he's pretty cold about it. Like in the theatre several people said "ouch" or chuckled like you do when you watch someone get completely shot down. Because that's what it feels like. As far as Keira, she's just sort of like she's trying to convince herself that it would never have worked out. But she's not even trying that hard, I felt like Jack was clearly who she wanted to be with and she sort of just gives up and dies. After he says the "darling" bit she smiles and it's a sweet smile, it's like the "Oh Jack" from DMC smile. Johnny is definitely the one who you feel the pain from in this scene. I think Keira at this point is very OOC the bad-ass Lizzie is gone and wifey Lizzie is starting to take over. I get the feeling that this scene is supposed to be our closure. Because to me, that very line, "Keep telling yourself that, darling" says that obviously we are supposed to realize they will both always wonder "what if" with Jack realizing it would have worked and Lizzie trying to tell herself it wouldn't.

Quote:
So Johnny & Keira's chemistry is out in full force in this scene? How does Elizabeth react to Jack being mad at her?
This is more in line with her character because she looks guilty as hell and so sad that Jack is clearly not thrilled to see her. Just one more thing that pointed to Sparrabeth. Because, why go through all the trouble of setting up this awesome tension with Will fully aware that the only thing Lizzie can focus on is getting Jack back, and Lizzie so guilty and sad, and Jack so pissed. They had it all set up right, and then they just abandoned it in like the last 20 minutes of the movie.

You really come out fo the movie feeling like somthing is missing. Like the end didn't match the rest of the movie. It almost feels like the whole movie is geared towards Will being CotFD and dedicating his life to that duty, and then the other story feels like it's heading towards J/E being pirates together. But then somewhere along the line, we're just supposed to accept this wedding and Lizzie throwing away everything she's become. They lead you to one place, and then they take you to another. The end leaves you feeling like you've seen two different movies.

Oh and Jack is really belittled in this one for the most part. The few scenes they do give Johnny where he can sink his teeth into, he's amazing. Like the scene with Keith or the scene where he has to tell Lizzie her dad dies. Or when they come upon the dead Krakken. Those are beautiful. But otherwise, I'm afraid they use Jack mostly for comic relief. It was such a mistake to cut out the backstory about the slaves.

Last edited by tanith75; 05-25-2007 at 11:54 AM
Old 05-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the mini Jacks. I thought it was cute.

I think Will understood that Liz kissed Jack to save them. He got it when Jack said that she succeded killing him. Even thought I'm no a fan of Liz/Will, I didn't thi as out of the blue
Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
I liked the mini Jacks. I thought it was cute.
So did I. They were so kool.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was it jsut me who laughed so hard when the fake part of the ship Jack lost his barin and said "Nobody move! I've lost my brain" ??
Old 05-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhh I can't wait.

I see it in 4 hours. I'm shaking. I was hoping for J/E and as I can see from the lack of enthusiasm in this thread that didn't go over so well. Jerry and Gore you got some EXPLAINING to do.

Well I hope to get something out of this movie.
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 05-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

It okay Sanna! I laughed at that too.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well, the JE stuff is what made the movie great, even in their scenes, they were able to add some humour to it, except for the rescue scene, that was pretty much clear there wasn't any humour, I would've loved to have seen them in the water, asking each other if they were okay or something but no. Anyway, the movie is great but the end is misleading, it doesn't fit with the stories of the characters. But they didn't make it clear she waits for him, things could pretty much happen, Jack is still thinking about her, the fact that he sings their song, somehow they could find each other again unlike Will who can't see her once every ten years while she gets old and he doesn't age at all. But like I told you, the reviews are on our side, some WEs don't even like that ending, and just POTC fans are confused, the only ones who thought this was a great idea were TnT, JB and maybe some other. But people I talked to thought it didn't fit, some really thought JE were gonna be together, it did look like it up until Liz left
Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What does the reviews say aboyt Jack/Liz then??
Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I saw peole posting some and they said that pretty much WE was boring(maybe not like that but that's what it meant) and how Johnny and Keira's chemistry was wasted, they bashed about how there wasn't any more JE scenes and Keira and Orlando didn't have any chemistry, thet said Keira and Orlando's *chemistry* unless I read it wrong, they didn't like WE, they prefered JE. I think grown-ups all prefer JE, WE is really the couple little kids want and even some kids prefer JE. I'm just saying that we didn't make it up, everyone could see it and it's clear that JE is prefered over WE, I think WE is just boring
Closed Thread   Post New Thread