Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the amazing thing in Kate's love for Jack is that she loved him even when he was at his worst.

You know the thing that really amazes me is how some people say that Jack never accepted Kate for who she was (and it's not true since he was the only one to see something beautiful and good in her) but they are fine with the fact that Kate couldn't accept Sawyer She always treated him badly because of what he was or what he was doing
So...the fact that Kate helped Sawyer to redeem himself (I think the final redemption was thanks to Juliet) it's amazing, it's epic, the best thing ever. But hey, Jack who made Kate a better person it's awful.
Elite Fan

I'm off too babes it was fun
franci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Loyal Fan

Don't mistake coincidence for fate. - you know, I immediately remembered that scene at the LA X, with Jate stopping to look at each other with those Hey...I know you from somewhere look.

Only if you're going to try to convince me that every woman in the world's not crazy. You know…this scene is a perfect example of why I never hated Ana Lucia´s scenes with Jack and did hate the ones he had with Juliet. Why? Because, take this scene as example, they´re sitting at the beach, staring at the ocean, which could be a mirror of the TabulaRasa and so many other Jate scenes, but here, in a way, the scene is about Jate. Some of the Jacket ones – they were literally stealing of the Jate scenes for no other reason than to piss us off.

Hehe, LOVE Michel´s face after the Who is that? question
Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never liked Soya's hair when it grew
[R]tistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franci* (View Post)
AH! i climbed that tree there.. /OT
franci ! you have to tell me how can I go to all jate locations you have been on hawaii!?

· Derek & Meredith · Castle & Beckett · Ross & Rachell
Kmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Haha, Cinzia...I agree - double-standards logic there

p.s. gotta go watch Friends now, but will be back later, if anyone will still be here
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how everyone disappears the minute its over

later Jaters
Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Cinzia and Franci...whenever I see this pic, I remember that A te vid you two made and the lyrics: A te che io ti ho visto piangere nella mia mano/
Fragile che potevo ucciderti stringendoti un po’...

It´s like they were written for that scene!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinzia1 (View Post)
the amazing thing in Kate's love for Jack is that she loved him even when he was at his worst.

You know the thing that really amazes me is how some people say that Jack never accepted Kate for who she was (and it's not true since he was the only one to see something beautiful and good in her) but they are fine with the fact that Kate couldn't accept Sawyer She always treated him badly because of what he was or what he was doing
So...the fact that Kate helped Sawyer to redeem himself (I think the final redemption was thanks to Juliet) it's amazing, it's epic, the best thing ever. But hey, Jack who made Kate a better person it's awful.
Cinzia, you're forgetting one vital thing. Like the abuse, it has to be the "right" kind of redemption. And you have to accept that nothing Jack ever does is worthy, and everything Sawyer does is awesome.

Re the Jack not accepting Kate for what she was, that just makes me laugh. He wanted her to have a second chance on the island. And he wanted her to have a second chance off-island, so he gave evidence at her trial. He was the only one on that island who ended up truly knowing what she'd done in the past.
callieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh yes, I almost forgot about that vid Yes, those lyrics are perfect for that moment

Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieUK (View Post)
Cinzia, you're forgetting one vital thing. Like the abuse, it has to be the "right" kind of redemption. And you have to accept that nothing Jack ever does is worthy, and everything Sawyer does is awesome.

Re the Jack not accepting Kate for what she was, that just makes me laugh. He wanted her to have a second chance on the island. And he wanted her to have a second chance off-island, so he gave evidence at her trial. He was the only one on that island who ended up truly knowing what she'd done in the past.
IKR? I dont understand. This show is about redemption. Kate became a better woman thank you to Jack. If it was for Sawyer, Kate would still be a criminal who wasted another chance to be what she was: a good person. "You run, I con, tiger doesn't change its strips". Oh wow, this will help Kate to grow up. He has never seen anything good in Kate. She was always a damaged good in his eyes. And yes he didn't care.
But Jack saw in Kate, what other people didn't see before: her beautiful heart. And he just wanted that Kate could see that too.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ That scene said it all about where the endgame was heading!

Quote:
IKR? I dont understand. This show is about redemption. Kate became a better woman thank you to Jack. If it was for Sawyer, Kate would still be a criminal who wasted another chance to be what she was: a good person. "You run, I con, tiger doesn't change its strips". Oh wow, this will help Kate to grow up. He has never seen anything good in Kate. She was always a damaged good in his eyes. And yes he didn't care.
But Jack saw in Kate, what other people didn't see before: her beautiful heart. And he just wanted that Kate could see that too.
Sawyer and Kate as a relationship was very immature. Sure, they had a connection but there was no potential for growth because together they were incapable of moving onwards and upwards from their criminal pasts. Sawyer was content to be what he was. Kate wanted to be better, but was afraid - and Sawyer was a safer and far less challenging option than Jack. As well as being someone she could use, which she never could with Jack.

Last edited by callieUK; 04-08-2011 at 01:42 PM
callieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes, it's incredible how some people were still expecting another ending after that scene. No wait, actually it's incredible how they were still expecting another ending after 6 seasons
It was one of the many scenes where Kate chose Jack.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

what should i do to get them back? anything i'll freaking do it!!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateryara (View Post)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...6o1_r2_500.gif

what should i do to get them back? anything i'll freaking do it!!
Oh really now
Reply   Post New Thread