Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

anything good on the feeds tonight??
Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsfan (View Post)
A few thoughts...

Regardless of whether or not I agree with what Rick wrote, I am more than fine with him sharing his feelings about the chat, and I am absolutely fine with all people (whether they've posted a lot or a little) responding to Rick's post and sharing their own reactions, thoughts, and feelings.

What I am not okay with is when those responses in any way appear to stoop to a personal level. I know that text can be misconstrued, and I like to extend people the benefit of the doubt, since I know we are all united by our respect for Jessica and Eric.

Rick is an integral part of this Fan Forum community. He has been incredibly kind and generous with his time and talents. People can disagree with his sentiments about the chat without insulting him or his feelings. That is the kind of community this is. Certainly, this should be a safe place to share our feelings, regardless of whether people disagree with us.

Rick is not representing his feelings to be those of all fans, he's not saying we should all feel this way, he's not saying that he's done with Jessica and Eric forever. He's simply sharing what he himself feels, which certainly he is entitled to feel, whether we agree with him or not. I think to share your own thoughts in response, to try to show Rick how he might be mistaken or how he might avoid certain problems in the future is entirely appropriate. And that's mostly what your post did, Erik. However, when that response gets personal in any way, I think it's a slippery slope, and we should all extend each other the respect and courtesy we would hope to receive ourselves.

Thanks for reading.
ITA Martha- not attacking anyone- not Rick- not Iago- no one. Rick, I took this as you venting and in your comments I felt your frustration at not being able to get in to hear or participate in the interview. When you are ill or when life is not going accordin to plan it is the simple things that we enjoy that we sooo look forward to so I imagine you were pretty frustrated last night. I hope you are feeling better!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread