Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh...nice idea for a thread. I got so many but my top ones are:

- Nathan & Haley (OTH)- They really didn't break up but split up for the time being. I guess you can call it that since she left and he stayed behind. Their entire scene when all of it happend, OMG it was heart-breaking. Plus add the song playing in the background ("She Has No Time" by Keane, a must hear if you haven't heard it)...had me bawling!! And I hadn't cried like that for a tv couple ever since D/J, which I'll get to.

- Dawson & Joey (DC) - The first break-up, in Dawson's bedroom after he had found out about Jack. Joey loved him so much that she had to let him go, she couldn't be happier but at the same time needed "her something" like she said in the episode. Their expressions, acting and lines were...so sad but yet filled with so much love and hope. And they would find each other again.

- Dylan & Brenda (90210) - Again the first break-up, D/B are at the beach and she tells him she needs break after their pregnancy scare. The way Dylan tells her "no"...aww killed me. I felt so bad for both, so deeply in love but needing time to be apart. Plus again the song in the background "Losing My Religion" (REM).....was so unbelieveably sad.

Runner Up since it wasn't a "break-up" since they weren't together.

- True Love episode, D/J dock scene where Dawson tells her to leave with him. Joey not wanting to go at first, Dawson holding back until he couldn't anymore and broke down on that same dock that he shared with Joey so many times. OMG....I bawled like a baby all summer long.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Pacey and Joey - Im was so depressed when they broke up. i figured theynwould have a ruff breakup but all the yelling and stuff mad me really sad..but i dont care now cause i got my p/j ending and thats all that matters to me !

Brooke and Lucas - Ughh i was sp pissed that Lucas cheated on her and poor Brooke like totally committed herself to him and he was stupid enough to chreat on her with her best friend, and it sucked cause she had no idea why he broke up with her until she found out.

Nathan and Haley - i think i cried during every episode aftwer they spilt. i was so pissed at haley. cause they were like one of the only couples on tv that actually stayed together. i want them back together : (

Angel and Buffy - I am not at all a bangel fan. but back when i was i found there breakup hard. he just left her, plain and simple. but now im a spuffy fan and it dosen't really bug me anymore.

Luke and Lorelai - their back together now but when they broke up i went nuts. it took them 5 years and i was so pissed that they broke up.

Noah and Allie - it was really sad man. i was pissed that he just broke up with her. and she was really upset and then she moved and he was left alone and she never got any of his letters cause he stupuid mother kept them from her. but in the end it worked out

Padme and Anakin - omg. i dont think i've ever cried more during a breakup. the sadest thing was that everything anakin did was form her and it ended up blowing up in his face. i wanted them to have a haooy ending so bad but we all knew thst wouldn;t happen : ( i still lvoe them tho and i know that if he never turned to the dark side that they would of had a happy eneding : )
Old 06-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Ross and Rachel on Friends. When he was in front of her on his knees holding her waste, omg..sooooo sad.

Steve and Celeste from 90210...when he said "please don't break up with me.".

Eric and Donna from That '70s Show when she gave him back the promise ring and he broke up with her, kills me everytime.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww alot of those breakups are sad

Adam/Joan from Joan of Arcadia was really sad
My LJ
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars) - It was so heart-wrenching because he was such a good boyfriend and she betrayed him. It's not like she had a choice in the matter, but it was something she had to do. When he confronted her, you could really hear and see the pain he was feeling.
Oh. GOD. This one got me, the whole beach scene was just heartbreaking...Logan almost breaking down, then Keith coming up screaming for Logan to get away from her and Logan just walks off saying 'She's all yours"... and then toward the end of the ep seeing Logan on the bridge, maybe about to jump off. Next season is going to kill me.

A few others I have yet to get over...
Willow and Oz (BTVS)
Ryan and Lindsay (The OC)
Jake and Peyton (One Tree Hill)
Jess and Rory (Gilmore Girls)
Old 06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww yes Jake/Peyton and Oz/Willow
My LJ
Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

When Jo refuses Laurie's marriage proposal in Little Women...it's my favorite and least favorite scene all in one.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Max and Liz in the ep "End of the World". First when she goes and gives him that speach about Romeo and Juliet b/c you know she doesn't mean a single word of it. And then the end, which isn't really a break up, it's just the end of that relationship, when she twirls away from Future Max and her hair's all over the place and she turns around and he's gone and she knows it's over. I have NEVER cried that hard at any other work of entertainment.

Even on the worst days, there's the possibility for joy

Avie by Nikki Heat
Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pacey & Joey--- In promicide, gosh that was so sad. To see Pacey blow up at her like that. He had just been trying to be so perfect for her for so long that he lost it. I hated to watch him say those things b/c you know the he didn't mean them. That break-up was just SO brutal! I still to this day HATE watching that episode. It breaks my heart. But it's okay I got the ending I wanted. True Love always wins!

Ross & Rachel-- I am i die-hard Ross & Rach fan & i was just horrified to watch all this happen. I saw where Ross was coming from & Rachel too! I was just trying to pretend that this was not happening. lol That was one of the more serious moments in Friends & some of the best acting. It really got to me. But as i said before I got my ending. Lobsters mate for life!

Ross: Okay, well here we are. Now we’re in a tough spot again, Rach. What do you want to do? How do you want to handle it? Huh? Do you wanna fight for us? Or, do you wanna bail? (sits down next to her) Look, I, (on the verge of tears) I did a terrible, stupid, stupid thing. Okay? And I’m sorry, I wish I could take it back, but I can’t. (We see Monica and Phoebe are almost in tears.) I just can’t see us throwing away something we know is so damn good. Rachel, I love you so much.
(He kisses her on her shoulder, then her neck, then the side of her face, then just before he kisses her on the lips....)
Rachel: No Ross!! (stands up and moves away from him) Don’t! You can’t just kiss me and think you’re gonna make it all go away, okay? It doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t just make it better. Okay?
Ross: Okay, okay, okay.
Rachel: (softly) I think you should go.
Ross: What?
Rachel: (softly) I really think you need to go now.
Ross: (moving over to stand in front of her) Okay, okay. This morning you said there was nothing so big that we couldn’t work past it together...
Rachel: Yeah, what the hell did I know!
Ross: Look, look, there’s got to be a way we can work past this. Okay, (takes a hold of one of her arms.) I can’t imagine, I can’t imagine my life without you. (Both of them are starting to cry.) Without, without these arms, and your face, and this heart. Your good heart Rach, (drops to his knees and hugs her around her waist) and, and....
Rachel: (crying) No. I can’t, you’re a totally different person to me now. I used to think of you as somebody that would never, ever hurt me, ever. God, and now I just can’t stop picturing with her, I can’t, (Ross stands up and backs away) it doesn’t matter what you say, or what you do, Ross. It’s just changed, everything. Forever.
[We see the rest of them are now crying.]
Ross: (crying) Yeah, but this can’t be it, I mean.
(Pause)
Rachel: Then how come it is?

When she said "Then how come it is." It was such a heartbreaking moment.

Ryan: It was my pleasure.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

just reading that makes me what to tear up
My LJ
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Felicity and Ben in the last thanksgiving.... he tells her he loves her, but that he didn't deserve to be cheated on... that whole moment his heartbreaking and the music is awesome.....
Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Pacey and Joey from Dawson's Creek. Honestly, the acting was just so great and him just ripping into her. I've only seen a little bit of that because when i just couldn't watch it anymore. it was just so heartbreaking to me.

Buffy and Angel, the one where Buffy had to "kill" Angel to stop the world from ending once again. Honestly, the music to the acting was just so great. To this day it breaks my heart to see that episode. Angel looking all confused, he just got his soul back but it was too late. Buffy telling him to close his eyes, kissing him for what she thought would be the last time, then BAM!!! put the sword into his stomach. He reaches out and she just watches. So so so so so so very sad.

Fielding and Sarah from the movie Waking the Dead. I don't know how many of you've seen it but that whole movie was just heartbreaking. In the very beginning you see him watching the television which basically tells him that his girlfriend was killed in a car bomb. Then it goes back and forth from when they met to ten years after Sarah died.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nathan and Haley - i think i cried during every episode aftwer they spilt. i was so pissed at haley. cause they were like one of the only couples on tv that actually stayed together. i want them back together : (
I hear ya...one of the saddest and most hard to watch scene.

But the acting by James and Joie...OMG was so good!!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars) - It was so heart-wrenching because he was such a good boyfriend and she betrayed him. It's not like she had a choice in the matter, but it was something she had to do. When he confronted her, you could really hear and see the pain he was feeling.
I had tears in my eyes with this scene. It hurt so much. Logan was just in so much pain and he was on the verge of tears and sniffling. The sniffling gets me every time. It was extremely heart-breaking but incredibly well-acted. Jason did such an amazing job. He made that scene so utterly emotional and made me feel what the character was going through. I actually can't watch it too often because it hurts me too much to see his pain. That is how striking it is.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Dawson and Joey - all their breakups. I felt for both of them in the second one, because he was trying to protect her and she was destroyed by turning her father... it was very emotional. And in season six, when they stood by the both sides of the door.

Ross and Rachel - That scene between Ross and Rachel was so emotional and sad...

Pacey and Andie - I wasn't just sad, but angry to see how that wonderful relationship was destroyed in two minutes... it was heartbreaking.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread