Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully we will have more of their playfull banter in S3

Thanks for the pics and vids Francoise
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
New Fan

You're welcome, it's a pleasure for me to share with you, and oh yeah Manu and Eliza, so agree with both of you! :thump_up: I would like to see some scenes of those good positives vibes between them on season 3.

I just find this recent Brendan interview about what to expect on season 3. Personnaly, I definitly prefer his look on season 1-2, I don't feel bearb is his style, do you? It's bizarre to me to see him with this style, it's like I don't recongnize him. When it's a recent video as it, the waiting before seing the playing icone is probably normal with all the wiewers. Fist time I try to open, it took almost 3 minutes before to start.

Lie To Me's Brendan Hines Interview | Sky Video Cuts

Maybe the writers want to make big changes on Eli's character for season 3, and this new look represent it. Maybe they want him to look older, or more serious, because he has a promotion now. I'm very curious to see what will happen about it, if Lightman and other employees (specially Ria of course), will change their attitude with him. It makes bizarre to me to imagine Lightman suddenly consider what Eli suggest. I hope a new dynamique about it, I feel Lightman and Loker will probably have professionnal tension. I hope Eli will have something interesting to do, some important decisons to take.

About his interview, I understand the first 20 secondes, when he say he's not that direct than Eli Loker, and he understand people don't want this too high degree of honesty, but do I understand well when he said he realise at some points, it makes increase his perception, and he things it was what happen with audience too? It makes senses.

Can I ask your help for what he said at minute 2:00? "At season 3, we will have more positive.......? ... sport?.... (he shows his clothes...?) I don't understand, could you explain me please? About Ria and Eli together for season 3, does he say "Something will happen but I cannot say?" When he said "We compete for a promotion and it makes professionnal and sexual tension...!" Hum, we saw that in season 2 "Darkness and light", but does he reveal something new about it for season 3?

About his new look, hum... I think I'm not the only one who prefer his last year one, when he said "I will have to get used to." We will probably have too, unless it's not definitive for all season 3. Maybe in the context of episodes, it will be o.k.

When you will see this interview and understand better than me, your opinions and reacts will be very welcome.

"Brandan Hines doing an imitation of Tim Roth D about what Tim thinks about Brandan's character"

YouTube - Brandan Hines doing an imitation of Tim Roth about what Tim thinks about Brandan's character

Last edited by Francoise; 09-24-2010 at 05:51 PM
Francoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

aaaw I'm sorry Francoise but the interview doesn't seem to work for me So I can't watch it

I think the vid where Brendan imitates Tim is very cute He must really be a funny guy
Old 09-25-2010, 01:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
aaaw I'm sorry Francoise but the interview doesn't seem to work for me So I can't watch it

I think the vid where Brendan imitates Tim is very cute He must really be a funny guy

After you open this link, a black square appears. Don't click on nothing, just wait when the icon "triangle in a circle" appears in the black square, sometimes, it takes one minute of waiting. When the icon "triangle in circle" appears, you can click on to start playing, and it should work. Do you want to try again and tell me?

Lie To Me's Brendan Hines Interview | Sky Video Cuts

I just find this other link, direct from the sky.com site. It's the same interview, given with Brendan to them, does it work for you? It should be easier.

Lie To Me's Brendan Hines Interview - Sky1 HD

Does the link of this other interview work for you? I like when he say "Tim is such a good actor than he makes me forget his other roles." It's fun to see Brendan seems to be either able to be funny sometimes, and be serious some other times too.

Up Close - Brendan Hines Tells Secrets and <em>Lies"</em> video

I notice how Brendan and Monica never or rarely talk about each other in interviews. They both say how it's great to work with Tim Roth, with Kelly Williams, with all the team, but I never heard one of them talk about each other.

Monica Raymund videos - CastTV Video Search

brendan hines videos - CastTV Video Search

Maybe they're simply cautious to avoid to create gossip about some people or media who don't separate fiction and real private life. Monica talk about a boyfriend sometimes, and Brendan seems to be discret about his private life, I understand they probably want to protect it by not being seen together and talking about each other. Maybe a simple little comment from one of them about their relation could make a front of tabloid. I notice all actors of Lie to me are never on tabloids of excessive gossip, it's a good thing.

I regret to didn't save the link of a video of Monica and Brendan gave an interview together, talking about their character of Ria and Eli, and their respective career. Monica said she was disapointed too about the episode don't show screetime of Eli, because she knows he's talented.

What I like in this montage is we can hear their voices :

Reli-If Your Gone on Vimeo

Last edited by Francoise; 09-25-2010 at 03:37 PM
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Aaaw I tried both links but it still doesn't work for me It says that the page ended uploading but nothing appears

And yes, Brendan and Monica probably don't talk about each other because they don't want to create gossips But it'ld be cute if they said how they love playing in scenes together or so on
Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Aaaw I tried both links but it still doesn't work for me It says that the page ended uploading but nothing appears

And yes, Brendan and Monica probably don't talk about each other because they don't want to create gossips But it'ld be cute if they said how they love playing in scenes together or so on

Neither one of them works for you Eliza? I know many LTM links work only in the USA, but I can access to those interview here in Canada. Maybe it's just accessible in North America? Everybody here, does those link work for you?

You think they avoid gossip you too hum? It's very possible.

I hope at least a couple of those other links will work for you :

About them together for their career, to talk about LTM or for promotion, I finally find that of them together :

Video of Monica and Brendan interview together, just before American Idol :
They both look young on this pictures hum? It's fun to watch. They look comfortable together, and have fun (minute 1:25 ).

To Tell the Truth - Video - FoxNews.com

Picture of Monica and Brendan together at American Idol party arrival :
Photo of Brendan Hines, Monica Raymund in American Idol Top 13 Party - Arrivals - AceShowbiz

Video of Monica interview, she talks about her debut at Lie to me :
Videos Posted by Lie to Me: Lie to Me - Monica Raymund talks about her character "Ria Torres" | Facebook

Very beautiful picture Monica with Hayley McFerland (Emily Lightman)
Fan photos from Lie to Me | Facebook

Beautiful picture of Monica on episode “Secret Santa”
Lie to Me's Photos - Teaser photos from "Secret Santa" airing 11/23! | Facebook

Recent interview with Monica at WNYW FOX 5, on June 2010 :
Clip Syndicate Video: Monica Raymund

Interview with Brendan (seems to be at the same talk show), on September 2009. He say joking how in the last 5 years, he makes at least 10 differents jobs, photograph, musician, singer, actor, etc, typical strugesling artist.
Clip Syndicate Video: Brendan Hines 'Lie To Me'

About his different jobs, I like this song “Come back home”. This country music is pleasant and relaxing. His voice is not “wow” but fun to hear. On my opinion, he sings good enough to perform on his music and compo. �����������졡��������_������Ƶ�ۿ�_��������Ƶ fox brendan hines lie to me

Recent interview with Brendan about his experience on LTM, and his perception of the scientist concept :
Lie to Me Brendan Hines Knows a Liar - Redlasso.com

Brendan gave this previous interview before participate to this pannel :
LIE TO ME's scientific consultant Dr. Paul Ekman; executive producer, David Nevins; creator Samuel Baum; and actor Brendan Hines (Eli Loker) engaged in a panel discussion about the intersection of reality and television, and the science behind micro expressions and body language in front of a sold-out crowd at the Smithsonian's Freer Auditorium in Washington DC on Thursday evening, June 10th.
Lie to Me's Photos - Body Language Panel Discussion | Facebook

I don’t know how recent this interview is, but he express himself very well in interviews, don’t you think? He talk how Tim Roth is perfect for the character of Cal Lightman, and how it’s learning for him to work on LTM :
YouTube - LIE TO ME Brendan Hines'.wmv

I like how Laurie de Young present Brendan Hines for the interview : 
Hey it's Brendan Hines, or Eli, from Lie To Me on Vimeo

Laurie DeYoung with Brendan Hines from Lie To Me on Vimeo

Pictures of “Being the scenes, making of the episode “Sweet sixteen”
Behind the Scenes Photos from MON 6/14! | Facebook

I don't know if those entiere video of "Darkness and ligh" are accessible just in Canada, but this is the Global channel Canadian site who present it. Here in Canada, we can see the entiere episode here. Does it work for you?

Episode 21: Darkness and Light (Season 2) - Lie to Me - Video - GlobalTV.com - Official Site of Global Television

Last edited by Francoise; 09-26-2010 at 06:52 PM
Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
New Fan

TV Alert! :D

Premiere of Season 3 tonight October 4 at 9/8c

FOX Broadcasting Company - Lie To Me TV Show - Lie To Me TV Series - Lie To Me Episode Guide

Hoping we will see Monica and Brandon as more as possible, of course

Last edited by Francoise; 10-04-2010 at 09:30 AM
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Absolute Fan

That 's good news! I wasn't sure when the show was going to be back
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
That 's good news! I wasn't sure when the show was going to be back

Hi Manu, it's fun to see you here! Recently, it was annonced the show will start at November 10 for Season 3 premiere, but at Fox, the show Lone star was cancelled, so they decide to place LTM premiere instead. I don't know if it's definitive for each week, but the premiere is definitly tonight.

An interview with Brendan Hines (Eli) and Harley Macferland (Emily) here :

Watch: Brendan Hines and Hayley McFarland talk Lie to Me - HitFix.com

After seeing "In the Red" last Monday :

I'm not very enthousiast with this first epi of Season 3 "In the Red". The characters of both Ria and Eli don't have the chemistry together they usually have. I understand they cannot be cool and friends together all the time, it's normal they annoy each other sometimes, but on this epi, it was like they're not friends together at all. I hope it's not representative of what the season 3 will be about them. The complicity and friendship between Ria and Eli was one of the main reason why I like this show, if it's not there, not sure at all if I will like it. Your opinions?

Did I understand well about Ria thinking Eli start a therapy and it's why she notice changes on him? It was not that obvious to me about the new responsabilities of both of them now in the Agency. It look like Ria continue to be very competititive with our without the promotion, and she has something to prove, it's her personnality, do you think that too? Do you think Eli really try to find a job at other place? If true, I understand him, having Lightman as boss... we don't know more about his new working conditions, and about him and Ria...hum....

Considering how the Callian possible romance seem old story now, watching how rude Cal was with Gilian when he left with the new police woman, I'm curious to see how the writers will conduct the relation between Ria and Eli now. In his interview with the young actress playing Emily, Brendan Hines said there will be a lot of tension between Loker and Torres.

If you want, I would like to read your feelings and reacts here about this first season 3 episode. What did you think of that?

If you didn't see it, this is the link for the video of the entiere episode, presented last Monday on Canadian Global TV.

Video - Lie To Me - GlobalTV.com: Global Television Official Site

Last edited by Francoise; 10-06-2010 at 05:01 PM
Old 10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
New Fan

Maybe not everybody here knows about the beginning of season 3 last Monday, and it's the reason why the forum here isn't active. I hope you will all come back and we will be able to continue conversation here.

Tim Roth (Cal Lightman), Kelly Williams (Gilian Foster), Brendan Hines (Eli Loker) and Harley McFerland (Emily Lightman) but sadly not Monica Raymund (Ria Torres) all give interviews about the place of their character in season 3. Brendan has a lot of interesting things to say about Eli and his relations with Cal, Ria and Gilian. He say Eli seriously consider to leave the Lightman group and he look for another job. I'm disapointed about no interview with Monica (Ria) here, it's bizarre.

Season Three Interviews and Extras with the Lie to Me Cast | Lie To Me Scoop | News, Spoilers, Photos, Promos, and More!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually didn't mind what we got so far. Specially cause of what Ria said about him letting her find out about his "therapy sessions"

I do thought it was weird though, because Loker just got promoted and he's looking for another job?

I love the interviews!
Could Brendan be any cuter? I'm happy with what he said about the new show runners opening up the characters
And Hayley is adorable as well

AWWW "...he's a little fed up, even though his, his, one of his favourite people in the world, Torres, works at the Lightman Group, he still is a little frustrated."

OMG his face saying that *melts*

He goes on specifically about their relationship:
"I think that, where Loker and Torres stand, is a good place, because it's, you know, they waited a long time before they gave in to, you know, to having something physical happen; which is good, because they really got to know each other and respect each other. And then something happened, and then they moved on and then, you know, it's probably not gonna work out because they work together. It's probably not a good idea, but who knows? Maybe there's a way to make it work. So, I think you could go either way, you can, but either way is really good because there's a really great foundation of, you know, respect and competence on both their parts. They are both very good at their jobs."
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Hi, sorry, haven't got over here for some time but this interview is amazing

ITA with everything Brendan said: Ria and Locker's relationship has totally been built up, it's real! And I hope they'll find a way to make it work out!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:02 PM
New Fan

Hi Manu and Eliza! I'm very happy to see you come back!

Thank you so much for your transcript of what Brendan say in interview Manu! I hear it, but your post help me to understand better.

And aahhh yeesss, I had the same react than you about Brendan's face and smile when he say Ria is one of favorite Loker's person in the word....

As you both say, I'm very happy about everything Brendan say about Eli want to try to develop their relation, and they respect each other even with some tensions sometimes. It's also interesting to hear he hope connexion could be developped between Loker and Foster.

It's true, it's like a lot of differents things happen in all the Lightman group between season 2 finale and season 3 premiere. I'm so curious to know more about all those details too; promotion, possible therapy, research for a new job, and the last but definitly not the least, the relation between Ria and Eli. It seems as his new job as VP is not as he taught, he's frustrated and disapointed of that, enought to consider to leave.

Another interesting point : at Tim Roth interview, TR talks about the professionnal relation between Lightman and Loker, Roth say Lightman constantly push Loker to do more and more, it's probably exausting for Loker, and I doubt Lightman give Loker his directives in a diplomatic way. I so want to see how Loker deal with his new responsabilities, because I'm not sure if Lightman let him really take some importants decisions in the group.

And another Yess! At the Home page of , on Video Extras section, there is a new video called : Intern to VP: The Journey of Eli Loker

A look at Loker and his constant need to prove his value as a team member.

FOX Broadcasting Company - Lie To Me TV Show - Lie To Me TV Series - Lie To Me Episode Guide

Last edited by Francoise; 10-08-2010 at 04:35 PM
Old 10-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Can't watch the vid now but just to clear out, he isn't actually going on therapy. I think it's what he made Ria think, but he's actually -at the beginning of the episode- on the job interview.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
Can't watch the vid now but just to clear out, he isn't actually going on therapy. I think it's what he made Ria think, but he's actually -at the beginning of the episode- on the job interview.

Thank for your answer about therapy Manu, I was not sure if it was only a supposition from Ria, or a fact, When you say "at the beginning of the episode - on the job interview", do we talk about the same scene? When we see and hear him who say to "who?" "He's narcissist and maybe you wander why I work for him since such a long time, the answer is "I don't know" but the point is "I am here now."

To me, that scene with Eli's talking really look alike as he talks to a psychologist about his personnel and professional difficulties, his problem of maybe lack of self esteem because of Lightman's controversial attitude with him. He's not sure if he want to change job or not, he's probably also confuse and sad about his complicated relation with Ria, so he decided to consult in therapy about it. It makes senses to me and it's one of the reason why I taught he makes a therapy. If not, why didn't he deny it to Ria? Could you explain me what make you think he's not actually going in therapy? I don't understand. You think he's not at therapy but at another job interview with another potential employer? Do you think it's because he tried to explain at other employer why he consider change job?

About video, in the Home page, those videos play one after one, the one who's written "Currently playing" is "Dark Secret", and it's about 3 minutes.

If you're here now, check it, the one with Eli Loker will probably start in just some minutes! If you miss the beginning, you can click on "Replay" at the end. Does it work for you?

The one with Eli "Intern to VP: The Journey of Eli Loker" come back about each 15 ou 20 minutes. Maybe if you can let your cumputer open as a radio on the Lie to me site, all the video extra are alwyays playing one after one, and the one you want will finish to appear no more long time than 30 min max. I hope it will work for you. Here in Canada it works, maybe it's not the same everywhere? Does this official site works in your country the same?

This same video is now just added on Youtube. Maybe it's better to check it as soon as possible in case Fox may close it for copyright reasons.
YouTube - Lie To Me - The Journey of Eli Loker

Just too funny! If you look at this video of the musician group "The Brendan Hines" on their Facebook page, we can see the head and the back of a man from minute 2:20 to the end. Am I wrong or it seriously look alike actor Tim Roth (Cal Lightman)? If it's him, it's fun to know than Tim Roth go to see Brendan Hines performances as musician an singer.

Videos Posted by The Brendan Hines: The Brendan Hines & Co., Inc. sing 'Occasions' [HQ] | Facebook

If you're interested; a chance to express our support to see more of Ria and Eli in season 3, this link is 'Vote on your favorite parts of season 2" I just give my vote to Torres-Loker as my favorite pairing of the show.

Second Annual Reader’s Choice – Vote on Your Favorite Parts of Season Two of Lie to Me | Lie To Me Scoop | News, Spoilers, Photos, Promos, and More!

Do you remember when I talked about an interview of Monica and Brendan together but lost the link? I finally refind it! It was on June 6th 2010.

On Set Video Interview LIE TO ME Tim Roth, Kelli Williams, Monica Raymund and Brendan Hines

Last edited by Francoise; 10-12-2010 at 06:17 PM
Reply   Post New Thread