Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX FAN (View Post)
For those who did not see this vid which I think I posted when Sam originally tweet thishere is Sam & the band he is with now. Looks like they had a sucessful group before Sam joining them so that's great for him. Love Sam & wish him all kinds of success.
Thanks for this. Didn't get around to watching it the first time it was posted. I like this song, and it looked like a pretty good crowd they were playing for.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Good Morning

Thanks Sox Fan for the video - hope all goes well for Sam

Derek's latest tweet
Quote:
OfficialDHough: It's rainy in London today . Surprise surprise .. About to start the rest of the Chory for the video .
about 3 hours ago from Tweetie
Shannon tweeted pics of Casper and Winnie last night
Quote:
ShannonElizab: Winnie's dreaming but she kinda looks crazy & dead-her eyes a... on Twitpic - Winnie's dreaming but she kinda looks crazy & dead-her eyes are ope n & her tongue is slightly out...maybe possessed
about 7 hours ago from TwitPic
ShannonElizab: Look @ my sweet baby Casper lying next to me while I read-I m... on Twitpic - Look @ my sweet baby Casper lying next to me while I read-I missed him so much!
about 8 hours ago from TwitPic

ETA -
Derek's latest tweet - was approx, 6 p.m. London time when he tweeted - wonder if Sam will meet up with them tonight too??
Quote:
OfficialDHough: Going to meet my best bud Harry the Fish in London town tonight . Been out loads in LA but never in our home town . Good times ahead .
about 1 hour ago from Tweetie

Last edited by tammie48; 01-16-2010 at 11:56 AM
Old 01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Good evening all! Hope everyone had a great Saturday! Sounds like Shannon is having fun....
Quote:
ShannonElizab At a birthday dinner-yummy food-stuffed now-time for the party part....hope everyone has or had a great evening! Xx
30 minutes ago from Tweed
No word on Derek's evening, but with Harry, I'm sure it was wild!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Good Afternoon

Just got back from a few days without computer access but had a good time with family anyway. Love the pic of Winnie & Casper who I have missed. Shannon just tweet Happy Birthday to JD so I would imagine it was his birthday Shannon went to last night. She also RT Denise Richard's Happy Birthday to Maks today who I think is in NY. Nothing from Derek who was with Harry last night. Hope all is going well for Harry and he finds a situation similar to Sam with another band. He's talented so I'm sure he will be in demand.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Love the pics of Shannon's dogs!!! So cute!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterflower (View Post)
Love the pics of Shannon's dogs!!! So cute!
I agree with you Wateflower!

Thanks Linus and Sox Fan for updates.

Just checked for any twitter updates from Derek (not yet), but it is always interesting that California time is posted for the tweets, i.e., his last tweet about meeting up with Harry says it was posted at 9:25 a.m. (which would be California time), when it was actually tweeted at 5:25 p.m. London time!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie48 (View Post)
Just checked for any twitter updates from Derek (not yet), but it is always interesting that California time is posted for the tweets, i.e., his last tweet about meeting up with Harry says it was posted at 9:25 a.m. (which would be California time), when it was actually tweeted at 5:25 p.m. London time!
Good afternoon all! I always thought twitter time was shown in the time zone of the account receiving the tweet, so since I'm in CA, I never thought anything of it being in PST. But tammie if you're not in CA, then maybe twitter time is shown in the time zone of the sender's account?

Last edited by linuslover; 01-17-2010 at 03:37 PM
Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM
New Fan

Alright everyone-here is the little blog type write up my sister and I wrote about our weekend.

We arrived in the city early, so we went to the theater to pick up our tickets for the evening show. While we were there the afternoon show was ending & we decided to wait outside the stage door. About 20 minutes later Derek came out with his phone recording everyone waving & yelling. He then signed & took pictures with everyone. Once he had gotten to everyone he just started to walk down the block towards Times Square (much to the surprise of the doorman). We just casually followed from a distance with a group of others. Derek stopped a couple times for a few last photos & the kept going. We were all still hot on his trail-which he knew and attempted to loose us by crossing to the other side of the street in the middle of traffic. We all made it to the crosswalk and across the street but lost sight of him. Then the husband of a nice lady from PA (didn’t get her name) yelled “He went into Olive Garden.” So we peeked thru the doors and saw him sitting down at the bar.

We decided to let him eat in peace so we went elsewhere for dinner. After we finished eating we decided to walk back past Olive Garden to see if he was still there and he was. Came back past the restaurant about 15 minutes later and he had just walked out. Once again he just weaved his way thru traffic to cross the street. We followed behind him and made sure he made it safely back to the theater. We killed some time in Times Square before returning to the theater for the evening show. This was our 4th time seeing Burn the Floor. The show is always amazing, but Derek added a little extra to it. The crowd yelled when Derek appeared on stage. He did a fantastic job-showed off his killer abs & shook his butt! We left right after Derek & Kym were announced so we could beat the crowd down the stairs from the balcony and get a good spot outside. Derek came out to sign & take pics but the doorman/security wasn’t really keeping people behind barriers so it was little crazier than in the afternoon. Derek was soo nice and took pics & signed for everyone waiting. He even kissed a girl because it was her birthday. And that was the end of Saturday-we went home and then turned back around a mere 12 hours later to go back to NYC. For Sunday’s show we had orchestra seats. Shannon Elizabeth was sitting 7 rows in front of us. She came in right before the show started and really just blended in with the rest of the audience. The Sunday audience was not as pro-Derek as Saturday night. Overall an enthusiastic crowd but there was no screaming each time Derek appeared. At intermission a lady sitting 2 rows behind me said “Derek is good but I would have rather saw Maks.” This lady must have been a little crazy to think that. Another excellent performance by Derek and the entire cast in the final show. At the end of the last major number, Shannon was the first person to stand up & cheer-quickly followed by the entire audience. Derek took off his tank top during the finale and threw it into the audience-unfortunately it didn’t land any where near where we were sitting. The whole cast got flowers and there were 3-4 curtain calls. We made our way outside into the freezing cold to stand at the stage door one final time. It took Derek an extra long time to come out-evidently he was composing his touching poem & waiting for the theater to be cleaning to take his photo on stage. Shannon came out before Derek and told everyone she had Derek’s phone and was going to take video. Then out came Derek to loud screams from the crowd. He signed and took pictures while Shannon got some messages for Derek on video. After she stopped recording, she took pictures with people in the crowd. Someone asked Shannon for a picture while Derek was standing nearby and Derek said “this picture isn’t with me?”-joking around of course. We got our picture taken and then made our way back home. It was a fantastic weekend. Derek was fantastic in the show and incredibly kind to all the fans outside. Burn the Floor is a great show-highly recommend checking it out if it comes to a city near you on its US tour.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pippi, nice blog write up and nice pic. Thank u. Is it just me or does it look like Shannon sitting on the chair beside Derek in the pic?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much for the blog, Pippi - for those of us that couldn't make it - it give us a little insight - much appreciated! Very well written!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the blog pippi, made me feel like I was there!

Derek and Mark are doing an event in Utah at the end of the month according to his blog...
The Lindsays!: VIBE Performing Arts Center Presents....MOVE!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuslover (View Post)
Thanks for the blog pippi, made me feel like I was there!

Derek and Mark are doing an event in Utah at the end of the month according to his blog...
The Lindsays!: VIBE Performing Arts Center Presents....MOVE!
Thanks Linus - of course, first thought, wonder if Shannon would attend!!! - trying to remember - (I guess I need to set up a calendar LOL) when is Shannon scheduled to be in Vegas???

Edit - found one date - were there also dates in January or February???
Quote:
ShannonElizab to host Pure Nightclub @CaesarsPalace 3/5

Last edited by tammie48; 01-17-2010 at 08:49 PM
Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Pippi Nice write up. Thank you so much for sharing everything with us.What a wonderful time you had and to get to meet Shannon as well. A thrill. I also join Georgie in asking is that Shannon sitting next to Derek on the right. Sure looks like her blondish hair & her white coat. I am getting used to Shannon's lighter hair but I would like to see her as a brunette again.

LinusThanks and Interesting reading about Move in Utah. That would explain Mark going to Utah after New Years & I remember tweets from him being in rehearsals. I would imagine Derek did some rehearsals with them in between skiing. It said Mark would perform from 1/25-1/30 & Derek 1/28-1/30. Derek must have another commitment or is in London until then. Interesting.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks you for the nice blog Pippi So glad you had such a nice time and you shared with us!
Thanks Linus for posting about Mark and Derek appearance. Very interesting!
I found the tweet that S tweeted about her other Vegas appearance.
Quote:
Come see me in Vegas guys! RT @PureLasVegas: @ShannonElizab returns to host LAX Nightclub @LuxorLV Feb 27th! Pure Managements Guestlist
Tammie I am just as confused about the timing of tweets. Derek's last tweets reads for me 12:25. I am Eastern time zone. You said it reads for you at 9:25? I just don't know.. Are you in Pacific time?
Quote:
OfficialDHough: Going to meet my best bud Harry the Fish in London town tonight . Been out loads in LA but never in our home town . Good times ahead .
Saturday, January 16, 2010 12:25 PM
Shannon sure has been quiet since she returned to CA. I miss her NY tweets!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzfan (View Post)
I found the tweet that S tweeted about her other Vegas appearance.

Tammie I am just as confused about the timing of tweets. Derek's last tweets reads for me 12:25. I am Eastern time zone. You said it reads for you at 9:25? I just don't know.. Are you in Pacific time?

Shannon sure has been quiet since she returned to CA. I miss her NY tweets!!
Thanks Danzfan - I thought I remembered another Vegas appearance!

Danzfan, I don't have twitter, so I am just lurking/checking Derek's/Shannon's tweets at twitter.com, which may make the difference - I am in the Eastern time zone too. Thanks for your info on this! So I saw the posted California time, you saw the Eastern time zone, and it was 5:25 p.m. London time!!! interesting!

For those with twitter - does the posted time show up right away or like these posted below - "about 3 hours ago" and then the exact time shows up about 24 hrs later? Thanks!

Derek's latest tweets (I was worried when no tweets yesterday) - wonder what palace?
Quote:
OfficialDHough: So the moat was built in 1300 , the bridge over the moat built in 1396 . And the Hall 1475 . Amazing ! Yfrog - pq5o - Uploaded by officialdhough
OfficialDHough: Built in 1479 ... Stunning ceiling . Yfrog - 5a2o - Uploaded by officialdhough
OfficialDHough: Check out the moat at the palace we are shooting the video at in London . Yfrog - e2qu - Uploaded by officialdhough about 4 hours ago from Tweetie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread