Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

One advantage Dan has in his favor is the fact that Blair has been an open book with him about her life. Any issues that she has dealt with, she has come to Dan and she really takes his advice seriously. She has come to trust his judgement on all matters. I think it was epide 10 of this season when Dan blindfolded her and took her to meet Chuck. She wants to know what's going on and he asks

"do you trust me" to which she replied "i'm not in the habit of doing that"

The truth is that Blair has been consistently trusting Dan for a while now. She knows what he says is the truth even though there was that moment during the first episode where he was ready to take her away to the Hamptons because he was so in love with her that he let his emotions do the talking instead of his head.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

I was watching Dair clips from 417 and 419. I l noticed after Darota said Blair hasn't been complaining about anything and accused her of having an affair with lonely boy, Blair's yelling at her about the dress. Blair was in total denial of feelings for Dan. She mentioned something about Serena. In 419, she's like "we have a connection. I was starting to understand the Humphrey appeal." I did notice her pointing to herself when she was telling Charlie that Dan was Serena's ex boyfriend

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by hshapir2; 02-26-2012 at 06:30 PM
Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Trust is a big thing - the very core of any relationship and Blair has that with Dan, and thats why it works and it grows into this bond that they have

And also like you say she has been open book, and he knows the real her, she never is anything else besides that and he knows what life and love has done to her, he's seen and heard it for over 4/5 years and who Blair is and so on... so thats why i dont find them rushed or whatever (going by what some peeps are saying about then being rushed) if you go back to all the scenes over the last 4 seasons, all those scenes are somewhat meaningful and a growing acquintences between them, coz i cant really call them friends until Season 4 or so

I did say once, if Blair ever got to know Dan's feelings and so on... she will finally see things on another pov and level, and finally understand it from that angle, which she has done and will be doing....... but whats even more great is that Blair has realizations of her own, which has worked so beautifully and naturally.... its her heart and her head doing that, last episode was another realization and finally letting her feelings come up and feel them and show them..... no that she can, with Serena giving her blessing, she finally and naturally go with the flow.....
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1008 (View Post)
Tftnt. I have been having a great vacay and am about 3 threads behind. What did I miss?

Are the Oscars on? All I can think about is Mondair. I'd gladly trade in the Oscars for it to be tomorrow faster,
Welcome back, P! Have you seen the canadian promo yet?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome flady, hope to see you come around often

So was in the car with my boyfriend and Lonely Boy by The Black Keys comes on and all I can think about is Dan, Dan, Dan. Oh also yesterday I was watching my Dair video playlist from youtube on my phone when I was heading to bed and I feel asleep watching videos. These are signs that your are becoming obsessed LOL.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see this coming out of nowhere because Blair was totally into Dan around this time last year and then was acting in denial for a few episodes. She saw Louis and suppressed her feelings for Dan and was still feeling something for Chuck too. In 501, Blair wants Dan to go with her. She kept going to him and turning to him and going to see him in Brooklyn. She was engaged to be married and into another guy, so she had no reason to keep turning to Dan that made any sense when she had Serena back in town and her mother. Then, she is fantasizing about them passionately kissing and saying how he's going to ruin everything. She tells him there's no us like why tell him that if it's not on her mind. She stood away from him for a few episodes after the book came out and then he asked why didn't you invite me and and she was thinking about it, but there was no reaction. Then, in 510, Blair is finding excuses to be in Brooklyn with Dan again. Blair could have hid out anywhere. Then, the accident happened and Blair was asking Dan to help her after the miscarriage. It wasn't like Blair has spent no time with Dan this season. She spent the last eight episodes tomorrow in a row with him. It wasn't like he was coming to her. She was coming to him

Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Lets not forget Dan has been in love with her almost a year - probably the start of the attraction and then feelings and then falling in love, and so on - and they have probably spent an year and half mostly together, esp wathcing movies, bonding and talking, and connecting - the time spent has probably got them closer as friends and more, then the other friends she has known her whole lives, so out of everyone she has spent most time with Dan and talked to him the most, and even if she doesnt say anything at time, Dan can read her.......

Their emotional bond has more of a impact coz they both been together at what life has thrown to Blair in a way esp the accident and so on...... the reality is what they faced together and Dna being there for her............

As i said each of their turning points in their relation has made them one step closer.......
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Guys just letting you know I won't be able to post with you all tomorrow I'll be away. I'm so upset.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that sucks Court.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Dan has totally been in love with Blair for about a year now. I am just pointing out that Blair's feelings for Dan have been built up for a while. When people find excuses to be around each other so much, it's usually about feelings

Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMoriarty

Welcome back, P! Have you seen the canadian promo yet?
Hi, R. Yes I saw it. OMFG.

As usual, IA Sara and Lennie1984.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Guys just letting you know I won't be able to post with you all tomorrow I'll be away. I'm so upset.
aww bb, we'll miss you! looking forward to discussing the ep when you get back tho
Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I for sure think Blair has had feelings for Dan for awhile. The last episode just had her admit to them but she has had then deep down and buried. I think her seeing Dan care so much for her and actually getting to see Dan loving her helped push them to the surface.

Quote:
Will you at least get to watch the episode tomorrow?

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Absolute Fan

can i be added to the supporters list?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Just thought I'd heat up this thread a little bit:

Hi, jessie09! I'm sure you'll be added soon.

Eta: This one's cute.