Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Done!
scorpio_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
New Fan

Cool. Hey Scorpio did you see at STARZ website when they wrote the characters profiles for Spartacus they wrote in Saxa's that Mira was her closest friend and I'm thinking ''seriously Saxa? When did they spend any time together apart from those fighting contests that Spartacus organized to bring the rebels together''
nolli86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Lol. No, I haven't seen that...weird, to say the least. Can't say Saxa is a character I care to learn more about...though she's tied to Gannicus, who I really like, so we'll see.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
New Fan

Totally weird. I dont care for Saxa either. They made a big deal about her last year and she was barely in it maybe like 5 minutes if even that.
nolli86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

I hate Saxa, i am so pissed she is tied with my fave Ganny
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Yep, Saxa is a dud, pretty one note even considering her lack of screentime and development. We'll see if the writers give us a reason to really care about her this season.

Here's the trailer for WOTD, btw....

Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Ok now, back to Craevia. lol

I know this season will be full of heartbreaking moments and I believe Steven said Crixus and Naevia will be at odds but I hope we get at least one love scene. I loved the last one, though initially, I didn't like the idea of them having wall sex. lol I wanted something hot yet sweet and romantic and that's exactly how it turned out, I thought.

X

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 12-18-2012 at 08:29 AM
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Oh gosh, I love them both and think their chemistry with Manu was/is equally impressive but in terms of acting I prefer new Naevia/Cynthia. I mean, the woman can convey so much with her eyes alone.
While Cynthia is an amazing actress, I think it's impossible to fairly assess their acting skills against one another because LAB-Naevia's role REQUIRED subtlety. The whole point was that she must not allow her emotions to show even while watching Crixus fight for his life in the arena. Both scenes where she was present at the arena he was losing (she left before seeing him rally against Pericles) and all she can do is watch and not gasp, whimper - she can't even be seen praying. It all must be internal and yet she must convey to us, the audience, what she is feeling. We don't know what she would have done with the broken-Naevia or warrior-Naevia.

Do I wish LAB had not left the role? Yes. But only for the continuity of she established the character and so that's who I think of when I think of Naevia.

But it is what it is and CAR is such a good actress that I'm glad the show found her.
CrixusHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ok now, back to Craevia. lol

I know this season will be full of heartbreaking moments and I believe Steven said Crixus and Naevia will be at odds but I hope we get at least one love scene. I loved the last one, though initially, I didn't like the idea of them having wall sex. lol I wanted something hot yet sweet and romantic and that's exactly how it turned out, I thought.

I really liked where their first reunited love scene was going (until the PTSD kicked in, of course).

They were both so scared and ragged and Crixus was so determined to be gentle despite it having been a while.

I thought it was very hawt until that broken moment. Naevia says later as she holds his sword and is caught between suicidal and vengeful thoughts - she mentions "hot breath upon neck". To me that explains why she was able to kiss Crixus when she first saw him alive; and she thought she would be able to make love with him and she seemed okay and was fighting the flashbacks until Crixus breathed upon her neck. That's when she bolted.

Until then though - dang! That man's back is beautiful!
CrixusHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrixusHeart (View Post)
While Cynthia is an amazing actress, I think it's impossible to fairly assess their acting skills against one another because LAB-Naevia's role REQUIRED subtlety. The whole point was that she must not allow her emotions to show even while watching Crixus fight for his life in the arena. Both scenes where she was present at the arena he was losing (she left before seeing him rally against Pericles) and all she can do is watch and not gasp, whimper - she can't even be seen praying. It all must be internal and yet she must convey to us, the audience, what she is feeling. We don't know what she would have done with the broken-Naevia or warrior-Naevia.

Do I wish LAB had not left the role? Yes. But only for the continuity of she established the character and so that's who I think of when I think of Naevia.

But it is what it is and CAR is such a good actress that I'm glad the show found her.
Oh, I totally agree with you! They are two different actresses who were required to depict Naevia at very different stages in her life, so in that sense I think it is unfair to compare them. I know some viewers have criticized CAR's Naevia for not being more like LAB's Naevia which annoyed me not only because of the difference in writing but also because I think every actor should be allowed their own interpretation. As I said, I love both interpretations but if I were to say who I prefer or who's moved me the most, then I have to go with Cynthia. I think they both have amazing chemistry with Manu and to Manu's credit, it's as if there hasn't been any change at all because the man remains so unwavering in depicting Crixus' love for Naevia.

I agree with your analysis of their first attempt at making love as well. Nothing more to add there!

You want to be added, yes?

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 12-18-2012 at 09:50 AM
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Welcome new fan, I enjoy how much Crixus LOVES Naevia

Me too I liked a lot their first reunited love scene, so sweet and so much passion
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Absolute Fan

CAR in Men's Health Magazine. Spartacus Actress Cynthia Addai-Robinson | Men's Health

Love her answers.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the link, she is adorable
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Absolute Fan

No problem!

Cast interviews.... Manu is quite touchy/feely with Cynthia lol

Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Master Fan