View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM
CrixusHeart
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Oh gosh, I love them both and think their chemistry with Manu was/is equally impressive but in terms of acting I prefer new Naevia/Cynthia. I mean, the woman can convey so much with her eyes alone.
While Cynthia is an amazing actress, I think it's impossible to fairly assess their acting skills against one another because LAB-Naevia's role REQUIRED subtlety. The whole point was that she must not allow her emotions to show even while watching Crixus fight for his life in the arena. Both scenes where she was present at the arena he was losing (she left before seeing him rally against Pericles) and all she can do is watch and not gasp, whimper - she can't even be seen praying. It all must be internal and yet she must convey to us, the audience, what she is feeling. We don't know what she would have done with the broken-Naevia or warrior-Naevia.

Do I wish LAB had not left the role? Yes. But only for the continuity of she established the character and so that's who I think of when I think of Naevia.

But it is what it is and CAR is such a good actress that I'm glad the show found her.
CrixusHeart is offline   Reply With Quote