Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2021, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Brett/Casey - The show is just embarrassing itself at this point, trying to force this devoid of chemistry mess (I miss when chemistry was a requirement for couples on this show, they seem to have given up ). It's so forced it's embarrassing to watch and you can tell the actors know that. Casey went down the drain as a character a while ago now (Mouch and Gallo are still waiting for their apologies, btw), and their solidifying Brett as Derek's "Gabby placeholder" is just taking her with him. Words cannot express how much better she deserves than this utterly offensive mess. The days when she was her own character are far behind her.

Jay/Erin - He was basically made a footnote in her story. The entire relationship was about her and what she could get from him. Completely toxic for him. She never communicated, barely ever acknowledged he even had his own issues, which played a big part in why his PTSD was never addressed until after she ghosted him (and as awful as that is, he's so lucky she did).

Phoebe/Cole - Literal abuse. He wanted to annihilate her family. Brought out the worst in Phoebe, and in some ways, Piper. Almost cost her another sister after losing Prue all but destroyed her.

Brooke/Lucas - Completely toxic for each other. Brought out the absolute worst in each other, and neither of them cared to actually get to know the other. Brooke had to manipulate the situation to even get him to look at her in the first place.

Rory/Jess - Completely toxic. None of Rory's boyfriends were great, but Jess was by far the worst. He had absolutely no respect for her or her boundaries (as shown by the sexual assault), and he was abusive and condescending. The way he treated her was absolutely abhorrent. Beyond cruel. He didn't love her, he wanted to own her, to control her, and when she wasn't willing to play along, he berated and punished her for it via disappearing acts. Whenever he came back, he immediately started trying to control her again.

Emily/Alison - Glad the spin-off ended this toxic disaster (MK's fanfic tweets aren't canon, because it didn't happen on screen). Alison is a sociopath, the show trying to pretend she wasn't was one of the worst mistakes it ever made (and it made plenty), and it would be even if it made sense, which it didn't - a sociopath cannot just stop being a sociopath. Idk why they thought promoting sociopathic abuse as true love was ever a good idea...

Kara/Mon El - Abusive mess that supported the idea that it's a woman's job to fix a toxic, damaging man. Sidelined Kara in her own show. The fact that the writers didn't see an issue with essentially replacing Kara's relatively healthy relationship with a genuine, kind black man with an abusive relationship with a slave-owning misogynist is concerning at best.

JJ/Reid - So glad they never followed through with that retcon. What they did do made absolutely no sense.

Buck/Abby - The way she treated him was pretty appalling. She's entitled to a midlife crisis, but she used him and left him hanging when she wasn't coming back, eventually ghosting him.

Buck/Eddie - There's never been anything romantic between them. Imo, it's never even been hinted at. Maybe it could work someday but as things stand now, it wouldn't make any sense. It would basically be the JJ/Reid retcon all over again. If they want to make it happen they have a lot of work to do.

Georgie/Izzie - Their friendship was beautiful and as with all beautiful things on GA, Shonda destroyed it. There was no reason for this mess to happen. Ever. There was no romantic chemistry, it was embarrassing to watch, and destroyed an amazing part of the show.

Meredith/Derek - I used to love them when I was younger but it basically started as romanticised sexual harassment.

Tom/Ann - Idk why this happened, but it shouldn't have.

Amber/Bray - Nope. She willingly believed a lie told by someone she knew hated her and used it as an excuse to abandon her found family, which was apparently his fault?

Ellie/Luke - Beyond pointless, and kinda ruined Ellie's character.

Cloe/Ved - They were both way too immature.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-20-2021, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Matt Casey & Gabriela Dawson (Chicago Fire) - This is one of my most hated on-screen couples ever mainly because I think Dawson is a horrible character and they were so toxic together. For much of the series Dawson acted like a selfish and self-righteous prima donna, she was also very self-entitled and narcissistic, she had complete disregard for protocols and authority and rules, always did whatever she wanted, always causing trouble for everyone, always only cared about herself and what she wanted to do and not caring about the consequences of her actions or who she dragged into her messes and got other characters into trouble without even apologising She was also a terrible wife, as a wife she was absolutely selfish, always excluded Casey in important matters, she was so self-absorbed, only cared about her own feelings & what she wanted to do, never cared about Casey's feelings, never respected him as her husband While Casey was always bending over backwards to please her at the expense of himself, Dawson did not treat Casey like her husband, she treated him like her personal lap dog, that's a form of emotional abuse. And it's a real shame that Dawson's selfishness and sense of self-entitlement and narcissism is often misunderstood as "strength" or "independence", it's not. There is a difference between being strong & independent, and being selfish and narcissistic, self-entitled and self-absorbed, and Dawson is the latter But it wasn't completely Dawson's fault, Casey's flaw is that he is too self-sacrificing sometimes, especially when it came to Dawson, he should've been a lot more assertive with Dawson, but instead he just let Dawson treat him like her personal doormat. Dawsey are an all-round very toxic couple together, they were not a "healthy" or "good" relationship AT ALL. Dawsey were one of the worst and most toxic on-screen couples I have ever seen, I'm so glad Dawson left the show and Dawsey divorced, Casey deserves so much better than Dawson.

Macgyver & Desi (Macgyver) - I think Mac and Desi make a terrible and toxic couple, they are too different and they always fight, but they never talk about their problems together, so whenever they have a fight or an argument they just pretend like it never happened and move on, without actually talking about or resolving their real problems & issues, that's very toxic and good relationship doesn't work like that. Communication is one of the most important factors in making a relationship work, and Mac & Desi just don't work well together as a couple because they don't communicate well with each other, they don't address their problems together. Another reason I think Mac & Desi are toxic together is because Desi is obviously the dominant one in the relationship and she often treats Mac like crap, but she never admits when it's her fault, she always expects Mac to bend over backwards to please her but she doesn't do the same for him, and whenever there's a problem she always blames Mac for it, she never acknowledges her own mistakes, she's so selfish sometimes, and she doesn't trust Mac as much as Mac trusts her. Both Desi and Dawson are very much alike, they are both selfish and self-absorbed and expected their men to spoil them and bend over backwards to please them but they don't do the same for their men in return, they're both very selfish and ungrateful women who treats their men like their own personal doormats and take them for granted. I don't like Desi at all and I don't understand why anyone would like her, yeah she's a badass fighter like a female version of the terminator, but that's the only redeeming quality she has in my eyes, Mac deserves so much better.

Clary & Simon (Shadowhunters) - Clary & Simon were great friends but they were not a good couple together. It was obvious from the very beginning that Clary & Jace had a very strong attraction towards each other and they fell deeply in love with each other. But I think throughout the first 2 seasons Clary really led Simon on, she knew Simon loved her and there were moments when she gave him the wrong impression. Then when she dated Simon briefly in S2 it was very forced and not believable, it just seemed like Clary was only using Simon to get over Jace, but it didn't work, she eventually went back to Jace. I love Clary & Jace together so I'm happy that they got back together, they belong together, Clace are soulmates and they are the great loves of each other's lives I just don't like how Clary led Simon on and used him, she should've been honest with Simon about her real feelings from the start and not use him to try to get over Jace.

Clarke & Lexa (The 100) - Clexa are one of my most hated couples ever, their whole relationship was very rushed and unrealistic and just doesn't make any sense. Lexa wanted to kill Finn, whom Clarke had romantic feelings for, I would never date someone who wanted to kill my boyfriend or someone that I loved. Then Lexa betrayed Clarke & their alliance by abandoning Clarke and her people at Mt Weather, which forced Clarke to come up with a different plan that killed the people of Mt Weather. Clarke became the infamous "Wanheda" because Lexa had forced her into that situation in the first place, Clarke hated Lexa for her betrayal at Mt Weather and even wanted to kill her. Clexa had only known each other for a few very short weeks, they started from being enemies with Clarke wanting to kill Lexa, to being the "love of each other's lives", in the end the show implied that Lexa was the "most" important person in Clarke's life, even more important to Clarke than Clarke's own mother, the notion that someone Clarke had only known for a few weeks is "more" important to her than her own mother whom she has known her whole life is absolutely ridiculous. Clexa was so rushed and made absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Not only was Clexa a very rushed and forced and nonsense couple, they were also very toxic together, they manipulated each other and made each other weak, and because of their supposed "love" for each other, they put their relationship before their own people, which caused far more problems for them and for their people than good. And no I am not "homophobic", there are actually some other same-sex couples on-screen that I actually like, but Clexa is NOT one of them. I just think that they are a very rushed, forced, unrealistic and toxic couple and one of the most overrated couples ever on-screen. If Clexa were a heterosexual couple, I would still hate them, so my dislike for Clexa has nothing to do with the fact that they are a same-sex couple. I think the producer of 'The 100' Jason had a very toxic and unfair obsession and favouritism with Clexa on the show. I also think Lexa herself as a character is also very overrated, she is so popular and is often seen as some kind of "saint" by many people, but her character is actually not even nearly as good as people give her credit for, she's definitely very overrated and overhyped. While Clarke is often unnecessarily and unfairly overly-criticised and overly-vilified.

Bellamy & Echo (The 100) - was also another very rushed couple that made absolutely no sense. They met briefly in season 2, they didn't see each other at all during the entirety of S3, and only met each other again in S4 when they became bitter enemies because Echo tried to kill both Octavia his sister not once but TWICE, and she tried to kill Clarke Bellamy's bestfriend too, who in their right mind would date someone who tried to kill both your sister AND bestfriend? It's utterly outrageous and even more ridiculous than Clexa. Bellamy even warned Echo that he would kill her if he tried to hurt Octavia and Clarke again, much like Clarke tried to kill Lexa when she betrayed her. But time jump 6 years later Bellamy and Echo suddenly became a couple? It makes absolutely no sense, there was no real build up to the Becho relationship, it just happened out of nowhere without any proper development. Even though it was implied that Becho had been "dating each other for 5 years", but we didn't actually see that happen, because of the time jump at the end of S4, it just seemed like one minute they were still enemies and then the next minute they're suddenly couple, not convincing at all. Also Bellamy never seemed to care very much about Echo in the show anyway, he always cared a lot more for Clarke and was always prioritising Clarke before Echo, who was suppose to be his girlfriend. Even Echo herself knew that no one was more important to Bellamy than Clarke and maybe even Octavia and that he would do anything for Clarke, Echo was really more of an afterthought, always playing second fiddle to Clarke for Bellamy's attention and affection. Echo was always like a poor substitute for Clarke because Clarke was not in love with Bellamy, so Bellamy had to settle for Echo as a second choice. And Becho lacked any chemistry together. And again I find the showrunner Jason's crazy obsession and favouritism for both Clexa and Becho ridiculous and toxic, he constantly tried to shove Clexa and Becho down our throats and it only made many people dislike Becho even more. Overall much like Clexa, Becho was also just another very rushed and unconvincing couple that lacked any real development and chemistry.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michael/Maria (RNM) They are one of the reasons I stopped watching the show after season 1.
Chuck/Blair (GG)
Buck/Abby (9-1-1)
Buck/Taylor (9-1-1)
Eddie/Ana (9-1-1)
Brandon/Callie (The Fosters)
Ryan/Marissa (The O.C.)

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 08-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Dawson/Joey
Pacey/Tamara
Spike/Buffy
Xander/Cordelia
Cole/Phoebe
Fitz/Olivia
Tom/Daria
Old 08-20-2021, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy
Logan/Rory (Gilmore Girls)
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 08-21-2021, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tom/Ann - It cannot be said enough. What even was this?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-21-2021, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Time for the Vampire Diaries ship hates:

Damon/Elena/Stefan This triangle was the most annoying part of the whole show. I honestly didnt ship Elena with either brother. She deserved better in the end.

Klaus/Caroline I HATED how they ruined Tyler to prop this ship up. HATED it so much.

Stefan/Caroline What even WAS this mess? Caroline was always second best to Elena in this ship and it showed. Never got why they went there romantically

Jeremy/Bonnie I liked them together for a hot minute but Bonnie deserved better in the end.

annnd i think thats it

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 08-22-2021, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)

Damon/Elena/Stefan This triangle was the most annoying part of the whole show. I honestly didnt ship Elena with either brother. She deserved better in the end.
yes yes yes.
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)

icon
Old 08-27-2021, 11:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Michael/Maria (Roswell, New Mexico)
Bellamy/Echo (The 100)
Clarke/Lexa (The 100)
Old 08-28-2021, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)

icon
Old 08-28-2021, 09:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Connor/Cordelia - WTF even is this.

watching S4 for the first time and yikes!
Old 08-29-2021, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

^ Season 4 is a huge fcking mess. Charisma Carpenter got screwed over because she was pregnant that season. Joss took it out on her hence Cordelia's storyline. It was ugly and gross and she deserved better.

Speaking of season 4 of Angel and this is a seriously unpopular opinion but:

Wesley/Fred I NEVER liked them together. I always thought Wes's crush on Fred was gross and creepy and he never really saw Fred for FRED. He saw who he thought was a kindred spirit and someone he admired greatly but i never thought he loved her for who she actually was, trauma and all. Putting them together randomly in season 5 was so weird to me. Especially the way they treated Gunn to make it happen. NO THANK YOU

Other Buffyverse hates:

Buffy/Riley
Xander/Anya

Old 08-29-2021, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dawson&Joey they had no romantic chemistry it was so forced like I own you.

icon
Old 08-30-2021, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was appalling. He deserved so much better. If she didnt want to be with him the way he wanted to be with her, she should've just told him instead of letting him hang onto her for MONTHS after she left. And then to turn up out of the blue with a FIANCEE without even having the guts to break up with Buck? Nah. No thank you. He deserved better.

Eddie & Ana (9-1-1) When the show itself has you forget that Eddie has an actual girlfriend you know you're doing romance wrong.

Old 08-30-2021, 06:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread