Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2021, 06:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Couples You Dislike #325: Sometimes it's just blah. 😩

r u l e s ;
► No bashing real life people or other shippers*
► No baiting and no defending
► No individual character bashing**

*As a big REMINDER, this thread is to dislike ships. Let's not bring shippers themselves into our dislike for a fake ship. Dislike ships and be fair to those who do ship them. Let's all be respectful and vent in a respectful way.

**Clarification: If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character, but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post. That said, the addition of "Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

Please do not quote your post or say same as before a billion times.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Love the OP!!!

Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was appalling. He deserved so much better. If she didnt want to be with him the way he wanted to be with her, she should've just told him instead of letting him hang onto her for MONTHS after she left. And then to turn up out of the blue with a FIANCEE without even having the guts to break up with Buck? Nah. No thank you. He deserved better.

Eddie & Ana (9-1-1)
When the show itself has you forget that Eddie has an actual girlfriend you know you're doing romance wrong.

Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Honestly Liz is a much better character away from Max. Their romance does nothing for me and Max's melodrama man pain does absolutely nothing for me or Liz as a character either. Not my thing.

Damon & Elena (TVD) (As of my current rewatch I absolutely despise these two. They bring down the show when they're on screen together and honestly they are very toxic together. Sure Nina and Ian have chemistry but I just dont see Damon & Elena as the true love forever that the show kept on trying to push toward us. Again not my thing.

Other usuals:

Jace & Alec (Shadowhunters)
Dawson & Joey (Dawson's Creek)
Brian & Michael (Queer as Folk)
Jack & Gwen (Torchwood)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks)

Luke Snyder & Noah Mayer
Old 08-30-2021, 07:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Thought I'd spicen it up a bit!
Old 08-30-2021, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Spike/Buffy
Cole/Phoebe
Dawson/Joey
Pacey/Tamara
Xander/Cordelia
Fitz/Olivia
Tom/Daria
Old 08-30-2021, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy

Lily James icon
" I don't wanna get older Without your head on my shoulder On the day that you leave me I'll forever be bleeding love As forever comes closer”

Last edited by olicity4eva; 08-31-2021 at 06:14 PM
Old 08-31-2021, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Love the OP!!!

Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was appalling. He deserved so much better. If she didnt want to be with him the way he wanted to be with her, she should've just told him instead of letting him hang onto her for MONTHS after she left. And then to turn up out of the blue with a FIANCEE without even having the guts to break up with Buck? Nah. No thank you. He deserved better.

Eddie & Ana (9-1-1)
When the show itself has you forget that Eddie has an actual girlfriend you know you're doing romance wrong.
^Totally agree with all of this.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The usuals -

Brett/Casey - The show is just embarrassing itself at this point, trying to force this devoid of chemistry mess (I miss when chemistry was a requirement for couples on this show, they seem to have given up ). It's so forced it's embarrassing to watch and you can tell the actors know that. Casey went down the drain as a character a while ago now (Mouch and Gallo are still waiting for their apologies, btw), and their solidifying Brett as Derek's "Gabby placeholder" is just taking her with him. Words cannot express how much better she deserves than this utterly offensive mess. The days when she was her own character are far behind her.

Jay/Erin - He was basically made a footnote in her story. The entire relationship was about her and what she could get from him. Completely toxic for him. She never communicated, barely ever acknowledged he even had his own issues, which played a big part in why his PTSD was never addressed until after she ghosted him (and as awful as that is, he's so lucky she did).

Phoebe/Cole - Literal abuse. He wanted to annihilate her family. Brought out the worst in Phoebe, and in some ways, Piper. Almost cost her another sister after losing Prue all but destroyed her.

Brooke/Lucas - Completely toxic for each other. Brought out the absolute worst in each other, and neither of them cared to actually get to know the other. Brooke had to manipulate the situation to even get him to look at her in the first place.

Rory/Jess - Completely toxic. None of Rory's boyfriends were great, but Jess was by far the worst. He had absolutely no respect for her or her boundaries (as shown by the sexual assault), and he was abusive and condescending. The way he treated her was absolutely abhorrent. Beyond cruel. He didn't love her, he wanted to own her, to control her, and when she wasn't willing to play along, he berated and punished her for it via disappearing acts. Whenever he came back, he immediately started trying to control her again.

Emily/Alison - Glad the spin-off ended this toxic disaster (MK's fanfic tweets aren't canon, because it didn't happen on screen). Alison is a sociopath, the show trying to pretend she wasn't was one of the worst mistakes it ever made (and it made plenty), and it would be even if it made sense, which it didn't - a sociopath cannot just stop being a sociopath. Idk why they thought promoting sociopathic abuse as true love was ever a good idea...

Kara/Mon El - Abusive mess that supported the idea that it's a woman's job to fix a toxic, damaging man. Sidelined Kara in her own show. The fact that the writers didn't see an issue with essentially replacing Kara's relatively healthy relationship with a genuine, kind black man with an abusive relationship with a slave-owning misogynist is concerning at best.

JJ/Reid - So glad they never followed through with that retcon. What they did do made absolutely no sense.

Buck/Abby - The way she treated him was pretty appalling. She's entitled to a midlife crisis, but she used him and left him hanging when she wasn't coming back, eventually ghosting him.

Buck/Eddie - There's never been anything romantic between them. Imo, it's never even been hinted at. Maybe it could work someday but as things stand now, it wouldn't make any sense. It would basically be the JJ/Reid retcon all over again. If they want to make it happen they have a lot of work to do.

Georgie/Izzie - Their friendship was beautiful and as with all beautiful things on GA, Shonda destroyed it. There was no reason for this mess to happen. Ever. There was no romantic chemistry, it was embarrassing to watch, and destroyed an amazing part of the show.

Meredith/Derek - I used to love them when I was younger but it basically started as romanticised sexual harassment.

Tom/Ann - Idk why this happened, but it shouldn't have.

Amber/Bray - Nope. She willingly believed a lie told by someone she knew hated her and used it as an excuse to abandon her found family, which was apparently his fault?

Ellie/Luke - Beyond pointless, and kinda ruined Ellie's character.

Cloe/Ved - They were both way too immature.

But also -

Amber/Jay
Trudy/Jay
Ebony/Jay
Haley/Dylan

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-31-2021, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Logan/Rory (Gilmore Girls) Rory had a bad boy streak way worse then Jess!
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl) This was forced and I hated it so much.

Lily James icon
" I don't wanna get older Without your head on my shoulder On the day that you leave me I'll forever be bleeding love As forever comes closer”
Old 09-01-2021, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Honestly Liz is a much better character away from Max. Their romance does nothing for me and Max's melodrama man pain does absolutely nothing for me or Liz as a character either. Not my thing.
That's how I felt about the original Max/Liz ship in the 1999 show I thought Max became a helluva lot more interesting with Tess. With Liz, it was just endless 'soulmate' dramatic fights.

Also, in the original show, I hated that Liz literally forced 'Future Max' to break up with her by pretending to sleep with Kyle, but then she kept on giving Max grief when he tried to get together with Tess in later episodes. They just caused each other so much grief.

Just like another of my most hated ships - Buffy/Angel. I won't deny they had chemistry, but their relationship caused too much tragedy to her friends. Look at the BS that Giles had to put up with - his girlfriend getting murdered by 'evil' Angel - and yet Buffy openly kept on loving him. Honestly, Angel leaving town really allowed him to grow into his own person and David Boreanaz got to develop a very funny/endearing side of the character.

Quote:
Damon & Elena (TVD) (As of my current rewatch I absolutely despise these two. They bring down the show when they're on screen together and honestly they are very toxic together. Sure Nina and Ian have chemistry but I just dont see Damon & Elena as the true love forever that the show kept on trying to push toward us. Again not my thing.
This is one of those 'became endgame because the actors dated for a little while' ships.

It also has the toxic Klaus/Caroline thing of people simply rooting for the bad boy to have a little happiness, even if it takes for granted all the terrible things he did to the female character in previous seasons. Klaus made the lives of Caroline's loved ones a living HELL, and had Tyler bite Caroline knowing that it would kill her -- and yet fans saw him as some love-sick lonely fool?

I can't stand ships which become a thing because of vocal fanbases literally begging the show's writers on social media to make it happen. Delena and Klaroline are two examples of this. I hated having to endure watching so many people keep bugging TVD writers to break up Tyler and Caroline so that Klaus would be happy. They didn't care about Caroline's happiness; they just wanted the European bad boy to get his way in the end.

Same thing for Delena. Stefan literally goes with Klaus in season 2 to SAVE HIS BROTHER. He doesn't leave Elena for the pleasure of joining the bad boy he does it for Damon. And yet Stefan's heart is broken upon his return because his girl has fallen for his brother. HOW is this fair? Why do fans support this?

Gwen
Old 09-01-2021, 01:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

As I'm new here, are we talking of real or fictitious couples?

My least favourite is Richard and Judy from This Morning. If we're talking of fictitious, then Patti and Selma from The Simpsons.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by redserver (View Post)
As I'm new here, are we talking of real or fictitious couples?
Absolutely your choice we usually post about fictional ones, but real ones are allowed too as far as I know.

Welcome, by the way

Gwen
Old 09-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy

Lily James icon
Old 09-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rory/Logan (Gilmore Girls)
Dan/Serena (Gossip Girl)
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)
Daryl/Beth (TWD)
Stiles/Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Jace/Clary (TMI)
Old 09-02-2021, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden tattoo (View Post)
Rory/Logan (Gilmore Girls)
Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)
Yes yes yes jus no

Lily James icon
Old 09-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Honestly I will be the first to admit that Nathan and Jeanine have chemistry together and make a fantastic Max & Liz, but I will also say that chemistry alone doesnt make a good ship. In my honest opinion Max and Liz's love for each other is 100% based on what they felt in high school and even that wasnt real. Max was always hiding so much from her. They arent honest with each other in the way they need to be to make a relationship work. Not to mention the constant back and fourth that they do. In my honest opinion this relationship brings them both down as characters and they deserve better.

Now my usuals:

Dawson & Joey (Dawson's Creek)
Buck & Abby (9-1-1)
Luke & Reid (As the World Turns)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Jace & Alec (Shadowhunters)
Damon & Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks)
Brian & Michael (Queer as Folk)
Jack & Gwen (Torchwood)

Luke Snyder & Noah Mayer
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top