Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel/Joey (Friends)
Buffy/Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
Oz/Veruca (BtVS)
Gina/Dylan (B.H.90210)
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 06-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue (View Post)
Lucas and Riley (GMW)
I'm with you now. I used to like them a bit, but I like lucas/maya and riley/farkle more.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Lucas and Maya but also like the idea of Josh and Maya as well. I just can't get into Riley with Lucas though.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clarke & Lexa (The 100).

I'm so frustrated, I had high expectations for them given all the fuzz about Lexa's death but their storyline has been so painfully dull. And frankly, had Lexa been a man, people would not be here for her possesive behavior towards Clarke - or had Clarke been a man, you can bet there would be tons of essays about how Lexa completely changed in order to fulfil Clarke's demands. I was expecting some sort of epic love story and so far, nothing. The power of two pretty white girls, I guess.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Clark/Lana (Smallville)
My LJ
Old 06-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clarke/toxic Bellamy.

I couldn't dislike this pairing anymore. Toxic abusive man blaming a young girl for all his mistakes, and getting away with it because he's the 'bad boy'. Destroying any character growth Clarke had because God forbid the female is actually the lead over a male. Needing to dumb Clarke down so the macho man can save her every single time. No thank you, at all. He's even psychologically abusive to his own sister, and I'd like to keep Clarke away from that sespit
Old 06-20-2016, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Ste/Harry Honestly I dont see the point of this? They broke up a perfectly good marriage for THIS?! (and by that I mean Ste/John Paul). There's honestly no substence to their 'relationship' at all. they're two hot guys whose entire relationship is based on lust. not to mention Harry doesnt have nearly the same life experience as Ste has. And I honestly dont believe that he can handle Ste at his full ---- Ste-ness. Ste deserves someone stable and real and thats NOT Harry.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Clarke & Lexa (The 100).

I'm so frustrated, I had high expectations for them given all the fuzz about Lexa's death but their storyline has been so painfully dull. And frankly, had Lexa been a man, people would not be here for her possesive behavior towards Clarke - or had Clarke been a man, you can bet there would be tons of essays about how Lexa completely changed in order to fulfil Clarke's demands. I was expecting some sort of epic love story and so far, nothing. The power of two pretty white girls, I guess.
They were so badly written this season. I don't understand how Clarke was able to forgive Lexa so easily when her holding a grudge was a huge part of who she was before. She couldn't forgive her best friend until she found out he didn't betray her. Clarke forgiving betrayal, after being kidnapped and Lexa trying to manipulate her by saying it was her choice to kill people at Mt Weather as if her leaving Clarke had no influence, was just ooc. In season two Lexa was all about blood must have blood bit suddenly she wants peace? It just felt so inconsistent. Not to mention Clarke staying on Polis was ridiculous. She was away for three months, she didn't know anything about current politics/relations. Worst decision to make during such tense times, should have been Kane. But the 100 was never particularly good at writing romance.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-20-2016 at 11:11 PM
Old 06-21-2016, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Clarke forgiving betrayal, after being kidnapped and Lexa trying to manipulate her by saying it was her choice to kill people at Mt Weather as if her leaving Clarke had no influence, was just ooc.
That pissed me off so much. Hadn't you betrayed the woman you supposedly cared about, she wouldn't have been forced to kill all those people, Lexa. I'm sure she thought Clarke killing Finn was a choice she wasn't forced to make either. People will literally come up with millions of excuses to justify Lexa's behavior but had Bellamy done what Lexa did, those same people would be ranting left and right about how manipulative he is. The double standards are ridiculous.

Quote:
In season two Lexa was all about blood must have blood bit suddenly she wants peace? It just felt so inconsistent.
Exactly. I mean, I can buy a change of heart, a more compassionate approach to the situation but it's another case where double standards hit because if Clarke were a man, people would be writing essays about character assassination and how they ruined Lexa's warrior character to make her a stereotype of the woman who changes for her man. Everything felt really rushed with those two, and the only time I could actually buy their relationship was on the finale when Clarke was in the City of Light. But maybe I was just happy to see Lexa again, she did make quite the entrance.

They had something great to work on with Clexa and blew it. It frustrated me to no end because (judging by the fan reaction her death got) I went in expecting an epic romance - instead I got a super bland storyline. By the time Lexa showed up, I still didn't care much for any ship except for Octavia/Lincoln, so I was looking forward to a couple of two strong ladies together. But in the end that never quite happened. And now I don't even have Octavia/Lincoln anymore.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

I agree so much with what everyone has been saying about Clarke/Lexa. The funny thing is I low key shipped them in season 2 their first kiss was good and Lexa's feelings for Clarke was absoutely adorable. But honestly everything felt so rushed after season 2. Clarke forgiving Lexa so quickly when she wouldnt forgive her lifelong best friend or her MOTHER really grated on my nerves. I just honestly thought they were over hyped and not at all groundbreaking or epic. That being said I really WANTED to like them too.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ They were the one The 100 ship I was familiar with and was ready to ship full on, even knowing about Lexa's death. The idea of having two strong female characters together was great, as we barely get any lesbian representation on TV. But then Lexa basically had Clarke kill Finn (who was a favorite of mine) and I was like... ok, it might be hard to ship them but at least Lexa stopped her people from going at Clarke after she did it. But still, bad. Then Lexa betrayed Clarke, even after implying whatever she did was to save/protect her. I started season 3 still willing to give them a chance but their storyline was so poorly done there was really no way I could get into them together anymore.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Nick with any girl but Jess|New Girl
*Felicity*
Old 06-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ They were the one The 100 ship I was familiar with and was ready to ship full on, even knowing about Lexa's death. The idea of having two strong female characters together was great, as we barely get any lesbian representation on TV. But then Lexa basically had Clarke kill Finn (who was a favorite of mine) and I was like... ok, it might be hard to ship them but at least Lexa stopped her people from going at Clarke after she did it. But still, bad. Then Lexa betrayed Clarke, even after implying whatever she did was to save/protect her. I started season 3 still willing to give them a chance but their storyline was so poorly done there was really no way I could get into them together anymore.
Thats how I feel about them exactly. I mean I already shipped Bellarke but I liked Clexa in season 2. Their first kiss was sweet and I was definitely ready to give them a shot. But the way they were written in season 3 just really made me hate them. Not because I ship Bellarke but because of how incredibly rushed it was, and how it was CLEARLY fanservice.

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Ste/Anyone but Brendan or John Paul
John Paul/Anyone but Craig or Ste
Oliver/Laurel
Stiles/Malia
Kurt/Blaine
Clarke/Lexa
thought I'd repeat myself with this one
Barry/Caitlin
Brandon/Callie
Lucas/Riley
Miles/Esme
Skye-Daisy/Ward
Richie/Santanico

Old 06-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Clarke & Lexa (The 100).

It really is amazing how two hot white girls on TV get away with a lot and the pairing is considered epic and groundbreaking, without having any sort of substance in the relationship buildup (and of course, the significant betrayal and the fact that she kept Clarke locked up against her will for an entire week is just glossed over just so the pairing can seem "romantic"). Their scenes are also cheesy and boring to boot, so no thanks.

On Clarke's part as well, it was obvious that she manipulated Lexa's feelings for her (didn't help that Lexa was indecisive as hale too and easily swayed) in her attempts to help her people which was an admirable move but not so good in terms of a healthy dynamic with Lexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
They were so badly written this season. I don't understand how Clarke was able to forgive Lexa so easily when her holding a grudge was a huge part of who she was before. She couldn't forgive her best friend until she found out he didn't betray her. Clarke forgiving betrayal, after being kidnapped and Lexa trying to manipulate her by saying it was her choice to kill people at Mt Weather as if her leaving Clarke had no influence, was just ooc. In season two Lexa was all about blood must have blood bit suddenly she wants peace? It just felt so inconsistent. Not to mention Clarke staying on Polis was ridiculous. She was away for three months, she didn't know anything about current politics/relations. Worst decision to make during such tense times, should have been Kane. But the 100 was never particularly good at writing romance.
In my previous posts, I talked about Clarke having to be stripped of all her prior characterisation just to make this ship seem viable so that, in itself, is very telling. It's 100% inconsistent with who we know this character to be - one that doesn't forgive easily at all - so to have her just up and accept Lexa's (non) apology just because she swears fealty to her (when Lexa has promised allegiance ONCE and backtracked on it, it just doesn't hold weight anymore)

Quote:
That pissed me off so much. Hadn't you betrayed the woman you supposedly cared about, she wouldn't have been forced to kill all those people, Lexa. I'm sure she thought Clarke killing Finn was a choice she wasn't forced to make either. People will literally come up with millions of excuses to justify Lexa's behavior but had Bellamy done what Lexa did, those same people would be ranting left and right about how manipulative he is. The double standards are ridiculous.
The absolute icing on the cake was Lexa blaming Clarke for taking the decision that she basically forced her into and making it seem like she had no bearing on the decision when she very clearly did. Everything was in place for a rescue attempt to proceed (and good MW people lost their lives trying to help) until Lexa's betrayal ****ed it all up. Not to mention that she forced Clarke to kill the guy she supposedly loved and then initiated a kiss with her like two episodes later. That, in itself, is messed up big time.

And I totally agree, her actions have completely been glossed over and essentially forgotten which is ironic considering how critically the other characters' actions have been looked at in comparison with Lexa's crimes.

Quote:
They had something great to work on with Clexa and blew it. It frustrated me to no end because (judging by the fan reaction her death got) I went in expecting an epic romance - instead I got a super bland storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
I agree so much with what everyone has been saying about Clarke/Lexa. The funny thing is I low key shipped them in season 2 their first kiss was good and Lexa's feelings for Clarke was absoutely adorable. But honestly everything felt so rushed after season 2. Clarke forgiving Lexa so quickly when she wouldnt forgive her lifelong best friend or her MOTHER really grated on my nerves. I just honestly thought they were over hyped and not at all groundbreaking or epic. That being said I really WANTED to like them too.
I was open to the idea of CL and in theory, it was an intriguing pairing but the execution was just so, so bad and rushed that I could not get onboard with it. LGBT representation is absolutely important and I'm all for more but they picked the literal worst pairing to actually champion so ...

This blog post summed up why I find their dynamic completely toxic and dysfunctional:

Quote:
There’s been a lot of talk since the beginning of season 3 about the nature of the relationship between Clarke and Lexa. In particular, there’s been some fierce debate over whether or not their relationship can be described as abusive. From my perspective, there have been a number of incidents so far that have shown how unbalanced and dangerous this relationship is for Clarke.

However, IMO, the opening scene of last week’s episode (3 x 03) has moved the disturbing aspects of Clarke and Lexa’s relationship to a whole new level, since it showed how truly abusive and insidious Lexa can be. At first, I simply found it disturbing, but it was my partner (a trained psychotherapist) who pointed out exactly what was going on in that scene. Consider this:

Gaslighting or gas-lighting is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity. (Wikipedia)

Basically, Lexa attempts to “gaslight” Clarke throughout the conversation, by manipulating her memory, perception, and sanity regarding the events at Mt. Weather and her reaction to them. Lexa’s overall aim is to convince Clarke that she would and has acted in the exact same way and, therefore, her anger and hatred towards Lexa is irrational.
Entire analysis here - an excellent read

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-21-2016 at 09:28 PM
Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michael/Isabel (Roswell)- I am glad they didn't go fully with that idea. I saw them as siblings with Max.
My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread