Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I will submit reviews to the recent story links later on this thread. I was going to do so now but now with the recent posts...I really don't feel like it. I think it would be better after we take our posts in a different direction.

@SirRay:
Spoiler:

Anyway, I understand that you became defensive over your stories because of a negative comment, but please do not resort to that reasoning here where Carly is being slammed again or that TV version of Creddie is weak because you overly attribute negative qualities to Carly. Please draw the line here.

I know the characters will be criticized but it has to be reasonable, balanced, and kept to a minimum. I have already had people complaining to me ( the lurkers), that this thread is being ruined. I don't want this thread to be upsetting generally to most Creddie shippers here who rely on us to be supportive of Creddie, Carly, and Freddie.

credit:fofodonathankress

Last edited by Venetia; 07-10-2012 at 05:13 PM
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's not the military that bothers me; it's submission etc. as a LIFESTYLE. As I say it can add a bit of spice to a relationship as an occasional thing (in fact there'll be a bit in a future iAY chapter) but that they live their lives that way... well as I put before, not my cup of tea.

As for the rest - no point in raking over old ground. There's things we could all happily change about all the characters; it doesn't mean we can't ship what we do (there's things I'd like to change about me but I still like me). Certainly for me it's a big reason for writing fan fic; I can right the wrongs of characters in my work.

Creddie IS canon. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!
My Fanfiction stories My Twitter
Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Wow on our 4th thread already, seems insane! I know I've missed alot but I've been reading up on what I miss before I post.

I go home tomorrow so I'll be a more active poster

@Venetia if you still want those photos cropped I'll see what I can do when I get home.

i don't watch Nick much so I dont really know anything about the Gym teacher movie that was discusses earlier.

My cousin made me watch Victorious and I have to admit it was kinda funny, so I decided I'm gonna give it a chance (sorry I know this is off topic but I thought I'd mention it since I know there are a couple victorious fans on here)

I'll get to writing when I get home and caught up with everything else I missed.

Found this on tumblr

Credit: miscellaneousmysteryy

Credit: Creddieamor
Old 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Last "new" word? Teasing but ultimately virtually useless information; it could be 10 minutes from the end if it's the last new word...

Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

yeah it could be.

But it could be something interesting.

always nice to discuss.

anyway, I shall be back tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

****I was NOT criticizing making improvements with characters in fanfiction and I acknowledge that most fanfictions correct/improve the dynamic between Carly and Freddie. That is fine and a good thing.

The fact is, is that some people ship Creddie because they are anti-Seddie, not because they like Creddie in canon. They make it obvious that they don't really like or respect Carly that much but only ship her with Freddie because he likes her and she is not as bad as Sam. If people don't feel Carly is worthy of Freddie in canon and their dynamic is so awful....then you can't claim you ship Canon Creddie. You ship the Fanon Creddie from fanfiction only which is a different version. There is a difference. Some people in fandom fit into that category. Just an observation.

Now this topic is dropped. If it becomes an issue again. I will re-post the disclaimer and then discuss this with the mods.

@Subject87: Thanks for returning to the thread. If you do crop the pics, that would be great! It is cool that you like Victorious too. I hope you can join The Victorious Campaign Thread. Victoria and Elizabeth also have their own threads on the Celebrities Board. If you want to post on the Bori thread, could you PM me about it?

If that claim is true....then I guess the final line could be: And we're out! Freddie says it. That is what he says at the end of iCarly webcasts.

credit:youleftmeatthealtar

Last edited by Venetia; 07-11-2012 at 05:03 AM
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

@ venetia I will let you know. I haven't seen a lot of the show so I don't know which ships I like yet or not. I just skip the singing parts though, I don't like any of their voices

That could be true. Anyway I hate this phone so see y'all tomorrow
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

S87, a little surprised you don't like any of their voices; I think they're all very talented singers on Victorious - though it could be the style of music too I suppose if that's not your thing?

How do you think it compares to iCarly? Personally I don't think it's as good as iCarly was at its best but it hasn't (yet anyway) had any of the really terrible episodes that iCarly had, unfortunately, suffered (iDOD, iAYBF, iMF, iGP, iLMM, iCTI, iLY, iBalls, iB2EB) - it seems more consistent, quality-wise. Perhaps that's due to the larger main cast giving more storyline ideas...

Old 07-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Passionate Fan

I kind of agree about Victorious. It is more consistent quality-wise. I personally like the singing even though it is bubble gum pop but the castmembers all have good vocal range as well as comedic timing. However, I think iCarly had stronger writing in its earlier seasons and had a special spark to it. The dynamic was unique because we had never seen it before while a show about a group of friends in highschool has been seen alot. I like both but iCarly holds a special place in my heart.

credit:iconsteam

The 2012 NCLR ALMA Awards - Movies

Vote for Victoria for Best Comedy Actress!

Can somebody post this on the Victorious board. We are not allowed to double-post there. Of course, by the time you read the message it may have already been posted.

@dg31:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Venetia; 07-11-2012 at 07:11 AM
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

The dynamic WAS a huge part of it, one of the reasons why I feel it hasn't been as good lately; making Gibby a main character wrecked the dynamic (not to say Noah's a bad actor or anything, just that forcing him into every scene has destroyed the balance, and that I find Gibby too annoying as an integral part of it - he was good in the comic relief semi-regular role). The other real novelty was the concept of the show-within-a-show; it's been done now and again but not to the extent that iCarly does/did it. It was the perfect concept for the burgeoning internet era.

Chapter 6 of iAm Yours is up; iWant To Be Freddie's Girl

Last edited by dg31; 07-11-2012 at 07:36 AM
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys, I'm back

Read over all the posts Interesting that he said last "new" word. I took that as it ending with flashbacks, maybe? I don't know. Anyway, I agree with Venetia, although Freddie usually says "we're clear", not "we're out". It makes the most sense.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Flashbacks could be it, Mix, with the last scene being the shot we've seen of Freddie, camera in hand, slumped against his front door...

That would suggest a shipless end (unless Carly suddenly appears round the corner and they start making out)

Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

It's mostly that it's not really my kind of music though the only one I've really heard sing is Tori.

I haven't seen many episodes, so I'm going to hold my opinion on which show is better for now.

Oh and I'm back. I have reviews to write and such, and I'll get to them Asap
Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Apparently, the Teen Choice Awards 2012 is not working. The link appears to be broken. I am really pissed off about this. I was going to promote more voting on tumblr on other sites. I really hope the database gets restored asap. They better not have lost the millions of votes! I am worried that if they lost the votes, the producers will just choose the winners based on what people will expect to win. I am affiliated with the people who work for the panel...I don't know what the hell happened. Now I am worried about the results. Miranda seemed to have the lead so far but it is neck and neck with Lea Michele who most people expect to win. This increases the chance of wrongful tampering. Ugh.

I will submit more reviews later.

@dg31: I submitted a review to your one-shot on this page in my previous post. Actually that scenario for the finale end scene sounds plausible. I would rather have a retrospective special before the finale though.

@Mix: Welcome back! Yeah, that line seems to make sense or I could be way off.

Edit: Now the site is working again! Yes! You guys can vote again.

Last edited by Venetia; 07-11-2012 at 05:40 PM
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Oops dp.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread