Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Carly&&Freddie #4 | iCarly | "Because you were meant for me."

Freddie Benson && Carly Shay
"Because you were meant for me."
We welcome you to the fourth Carly&&Freddie appreciation thread!
Please feel free to join in our discussions or post fanworks! We're always on the lookout for more Creddie goodness.
We also invite you to join the Creddie Olympics on Tumblr.
Creddie has been nominated for "Most Surprising Moment" on the summer awards. We invite you to vote if you have fifty or more posts.

courtesy of mirandaplus

#1#2#3

courtesy of creddiedream

courtesy of CreddieCupcake

Last edited by MixSaysRawr; 07-26-2012 at 02:59 PM
Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Passionate Fan

@Mix: Thank you! The OP is beautiful!

Everybody else: Please read the posts on the last page of Creddie thread #3! Review and browse the last thread before posting on this thread please.

I will carry some of my recent posts over here so it won't be missed:

Quote:
What we need to do, on all three sites, for people who do plan on participating:

For Creddie Fans- Under the Creddie Friday and General Discussion entries-list a timeframe so people can see it. Do this every week where we have Creddie Friday. Also, post it on the chatbox. On Wed-Friday, on wikia-list the specific timeframe so people can see it. On this thread, just the list the timeframe and phrase a couple of days in advance and a reminder on Friday. We just need to inform people in advance. That is just some advice for next time.

Also, it is summer and we have no new episodes or news...so it will be slow anyway.

@Mix, I hope you return asap and post when you become available. Good luck on work or vacation or whatever. Thanks for the advance notice. I know we all have alot on our plates during this time. I still think our thread tends to be fairly active. We just need two-three people posting a day.

Quote:
@Sir Ray and Subject87: Looking forward to reading your next installments. I will submit the reviews here.

I think it would be cool to attempt to trend Creddie Olympics but maybe on another Friday because we didn't have enough time to promote that phrase. So I guess, we can trend with Creddie FTW. We need to stick with one in order for it to trend. Maybe it can finally work! I mentioned this in the past, we need to pick a timeframe and a specific phrase for a twitter trend to work. We don't have the numbers to attempt to trend something during a broad timeframe.

I hope my message about the campaign threads have not been ignored by the others. Please READ it! I posted a long message about it recently. It will be important in the future.

To summarize: Post on the iCarly campaign thread, post and vote, avoid posting on the Jennette Campaign Thread currently until iCarly gets its board first, and if people want to start Miranda/Nathan threads before iCarly ends...do it on the Celebrities board, then AFTER iCarly gets its board...we can start campaigns for Miranda and Nathan to get their own boards when the time comes.
Quote:
Out of time today, so I can't address everything or bump up too many other threads right now. Other recent posts and past comments of mine have addressed the whole Dan/ratings issue/Seddie arc alot already. Dan definitely miscalculated and was poisoned by fandom takeovers because of the online commentary.

Jennette McCurdy apparently has gotten her own campaign thread!

Please post more often on the iCarly campaign thread. It would be great if iCarly could get its own board BEFORE it ended and so the Creddie thread there could have some current activity. The activity would be strong because we would be discussing the last few new episodes and speculating about the finale. We need more people to post and hopefully we will be submitted in the August-September polls. It will be tough. I mean, Victorious has been submitted every month and it is not faring well in the polls. Then again, the show has been on for a less amount of time and the threads are not very active for Victorious while the three iCarly threads on fanforum are active.

I think the newsfront is too slow for Miranda and Nathan, to start the campaign threads for their boards. I know if we started this last year or in the past seasons, they would have gotten their own boards which would be active since we used to get new scoop about them every month. Now I feel embarrased for not starting their threads earlier. Then again, it took forever for me to get the incentive to start up a Creddie thread here by recruiting somebody. Again, Thanks to Mix for opening the threads!

The problem is that I don't know what will happen with Miranda's career. Jennette, Noah, and Jerry all have new shows lined up with Nick. Nathan apparently has a role in a movie. Miranda has Despicable Me 2 and we will probably see some PR for that. She has her tour coming up and is starting USC in the fall. There will be PR for iCarly ending.

What I think we will do...is continue to discuss Miranda/Nathan here on the Creddie thread. Then we should focus on getting the iCarly board first. On the iCarly board, there will also be a Creddie, Mathan, and separate Carly, Freddie, Miranda, and Nathan threads obviously. That will need some activity and recruits.

If people feel it is necessary to have separate threads for Miranda and Nathan before we get an iCarly board....I encourage them to start those threads on the Celebrity Board under General Discussion. Even if it takes forever to get a board, Miranda & Nathan can still have individual representation with their own threads on the General section/Celebrities board. Obviously, alot of celebs don't get their own boards but they do get their own threads.

We need to consider those options. For now, I will just stick to discussing Miranda, Nathan, and other iCarly-related stuff on this thread and general show stuff on the campaign thread. If any of you want to start up a thread for Miranda, Nathan on the celebrities board....I will support you and post. If any of you start a campaign thread for them to get a board, I will back you up. However, I would wait a couple of months because I think getting an iCarly board is more of a priority. The show should have its legacy cemented and the past show boards like Dawson's Creek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and etc are still active.

Actually, it kind of annoys me that the campaign for Jennette to get her own board has started already because it is a bit conflicting and too much right now. I know the Victorious fans are waiting to get their own board first before applying for Victoria, Ariana, Avan, and Elizabeth to get their own boards.

As long as iCarly gets its board first...I will make more of a move for Miranda and Nathan as individuals in the future. Just a suggestion, be involved for the campaign for iCarly...then later if you guys want to join Jennette's thread...do it....just not now. I have seen before, where it becomes a delayed mess because a show board and castmember board were up against each other.
VOTE DAILY FOR MIRANDA UNTIL JULY 22nd!

Teen Choice Awards 2012

credit:keepherfaith
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Venetia, just a suggestion but if you want people to go on the iCarly campaign page then I'd suggest sticking the link in your signature or in more of your posts. I know it's somewhere on the last thread but most people (ok, ok I mean me) aren't going to wade through several pages of the thread to find it. If you make it easily accessible by perhaps putting the link in every time you mention it, you may get a better response.

Creddie IS canon. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!
My Fanfiction stories My Twitter
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Passionate Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/icarly-c...read-62993441/

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/victorio...read-62998981/

Or just go to the Requests section of Fanforum. It is usually somewhere on the first three pages.

credit:dontkillkenny19

Last edited by Venetia; 07-05-2012 at 03:44 PM
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

@Venetia - Thank you!
Also, I'm one of those people not on the wiki, and I don't plan to be, either. I have plenty of fansites that suck my time
I haven't seen cameddie, who started Creddie Friday, in awhile :o
Old 07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

credit:cosgroverforever

credit:mariacosgrovestyles

credit:celebsworld

Pics of her at Universal Studios

Interviews - Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem voices, creators, Miranda Cosgrove at Universal Orlando - YouTube

Interview
Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

She is a very, VERY pretty young lady

New one-shot for Creddie Friday

Latest chapter of iAm Yours is also up.

Happy Creddie Friday #CreddieFTW

Last edited by dg31; 07-06-2012 at 12:06 AM
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Passionate Fan

@dg31: Thank you! I will submit reviews either tonight or tomorrow.

FF is having trouble and so that is why I can only post a quick reply for now!

HAPPY CREDDIE FRIDAY!

Remember to tweet CreddieFtw!

Last edited by Venetia; 07-06-2012 at 11:37 PM
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Meant to say - I love the new OP, very cute pics of them together.

They are way, WAY too adorable as a couple for it not to be end-game. Surely?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Miranda's gorgeous. Ughhhh it doesn't want to let me reply :/

@dg31 - Read, loved, reviewed! Also, thank you for the comment on the OP.

My new story for Creddie Friday.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nice little one-shot, Mix. Very cute.

Has my story gone into the Olympics? I tried to submit it but I'm not right up on tumblr so I've no idea if it worked or not...

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

@dg31 - It shows me that we have a note but it won't show me the contents for some reason :o But since I know it's yours, I can take care of it. Thank you so much!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Mix, 2 points at least - won't be enough for the gold but probably better than most Brits will do in the Olympics this summer! Assuming of course it ever stops bloody raining here...

Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I'll be watching them! I love the Olympics, but I tend to forget to root for my actual country. Whatever.

Also, our judges will rate your technical points, and as you're a great writer, that should go well.

It's been raining here a lot, too, but mostly it's just been hotter than Hades.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Mix

Do stories have to be full Creddie to qualift for the Olympics or are one-sided pieces allowed? I ask because I got a flash of inspiration to write a one-shot called "iDidn't Lose My Mind" where Freddie turns Sam down in Troubled Waters, saying he still has a thing for Carly; I'm not sure I can, in all intellectual honesty, make it a two-sided Creddie piece though.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread