Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Dyalan's sister didn't like Kelly but she adored Brenda.
Neither did Dylan's mother. If I recall correctly, the first time Dylan's mother met Kelly was when she (the mother) walked in on D/K starting to have sex. (ewww) The mother then made a snarky comment about Kelly missing a button or something, as Kelly tried frantically to put her clothes back on. LOL. Later, Kelly complained to somebody (Donna?) that all Dylan's mother could talk about was "her good friend Brenda." I distinctly remember the bitchy, pissed off expression on Kelly's face as she said that. It was great.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

I really love Dylan and Brenda- to this day watching those episodes when they tell Brenda what they did make me mad! LOL.

I think Dylan drifted out of the relationship because he felt really hurt by Jim Walsh. He thought he was a part of the family- he never had a family bond like that- and he felt betrayed. Had Jim not been so cruel to Brenda, Dylan might not of checked out of the relationship. Also, Kelly was always into him and he knew it. His relationship with Kelly was not going to be as intense as his one with Brenda, and he probably wanted that. She did not get him the way Brenda did.

The only annoying part was when they startd that soul mates crap. Um, hello? If someone is your soul mate how come you only find them after 17 years mind you, AFTER your girlfriend goes away for the summer? What were you doing for the past 17 years that you never noticed a connection before? And he had a choice between Brenda and Kelly very early on and he picked Brenda.

Did anyone else notice that Dylan never broke up with Brenda? Brenda always had to do it. To me that says, Dylan never really wanted to break up.

Also, how come none of the other characters took sides? I remember Steve mentioning it. He was team Brenda. But Brandon, David, Andrea?
Old 06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers
I really love Dylan and Brenda- to this day watching those episodes when they tell Brenda what they did make me mad! LOL.

I think Dylan drifted out of the relationship because he felt really hurt by Jim Walsh. He thought he was a part of the family- he never had a family bond like that- and he felt betrayed. Had Jim not been so cruel to Brenda, Dylan might not of checked out of the relationship. Also, Kelly was always into him and he knew it. His relationship with Kelly was not going to be as intense as his one with Brenda, and he probably wanted that. She did not get him the way Brenda did.

The only annoying part was when they startd that soul mates crap. Um, hello? If someone is your soul mate how come you only find them after 17 years mind you, AFTER your girlfriend goes away for the summer? What were you doing for the past 17 years that you never noticed a connection before? And he had a choice between Brenda and Kelly very early on and he picked Brenda.

Did anyone else notice that Dylan never broke up with Brenda? Brenda always had to do it. To me that says, Dylan never really wanted to break up.

Also, how come none of the other characters took sides? I remember Steve mentioning it. He was team Brenda. But Brandon, David, Andrea?
yeah, that's something that always pissed me off. everyone sort of brushed it off as a part of life. none of them, really openly voiced thier anger on what they did to brenda. and also, it kind of pissed me off how donna and brandon weren't really there for her because when david cheated on donna with ariel, brenda was totally there for her. also, it kind of bugged me about brandon not really getting pissed off or defending his sister to dylan which is kind of ironic because in "isn't it romanic" he seemed really bothered about brenda going out with dylan and him hurting her. when did steve mention it? i don't remember him ever really defending brenda, i always got the feeling he didn't like her too much. if there's anyone brenda didn't really have that much interaction with it would be steve.

Last edited by cartiergurl01; 06-04-2006 at 02:45 AM
Old 06-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamy
It was better when Luke left the show and they told he was with Brenda..
I'm really not big on this fandom so I gotta say: Did he really? *faints* I sorta stopped watching after Brenda left... I couldn't really stand the Dylan/Kelly thing and how everything got out of hand.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie
I'm really not big on this fandom so I gotta say: Did he really? *faints* I sorta stopped watching after Brenda left... I couldn't really stand the Dylan/Kelly thing and how everything got out of hand.
yeah, his wife died and during the season 6 finale, it was revealed that dylan and brenda shared the same adress which obviosuly implied that they were living together. i remember david breaking the news to kelly and kelly having an incredibly bitchy look on her face which made me want to slap her silly. what right does she have to be pissed about?! something that has always pissed me off about her was how she referred to her relationship with dylan as special. like i stated before they weren't even together a season, they were on and off. all thier relationship consisted of was fighting and sex. Doesn't she remember Dylan was Brenda's in the first place?! She had a major part in breaking up the best thing in 90210! She even had the nerve to say in season 6 that, that backstabbing kiss with dylan on the beach was the best kiss she ever had! again, sorry for another rant. it's just the thought of dylan and kelly, despite the fact that thier fictional characters, makes my blood boil.

Last edited by cartiergurl01; 06-04-2006 at 02:23 AM
Old 06-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Absolute Fan

That I can understand ^^ I sort of had the same feelings. Since DK were so off and on and always you know UST (in a bad way) when i watched the show first, I always thought they were the couple everyone wanted, but I'm happy it doesn't seem like that.

Btw, does anyone know if the show is or will be out on DVD? I'd love to have the seasons with Brenda in them.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That I can understand ^^ I sort of had the same feelings. Since DK were so off and on and always you know UST (in a bad way) when i watched the show first, I always thought they were the couple everyone wanted, but I'm happy it doesn't seem like that.

Btw, does anyone know if the show is or will be out on DVD? I'd love to have the seasons with Brenda in them.
well, ever since i heard of the show which is around the time it went off, almost everyone online stated dylan and brenda as thier favorite couple. if u go on almost every 90210 messageboard out there and look at a poll which woman people prefer dylan with, it's always majority brenda and thier also more infamous, with the losing her virginity at prom and having "losing my religion" as thier breakup song. well, i don't think the show's officially out on dvd but i know that u can buy some on ebay or amazon.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm not a fan either. I've started watching BH with reruns, I started watching from when Brenda was in Paris and Dylan was having the affair with Kelly, so I haven't really see Brenda and Dyaln together but I still loved them, I've stopped watching when Shannon left the show but I've been looking for info and I found out there was and eppy where it's revealed that Dyaln was with Brenda.. but I watched the finale years before because there was nothing else on tv and I already knew Dyalan was with Kelly at the end, and even if I had not watched not even an eppy before that, I just was disgusted by them being together..

anyway the BH fandom is for Drenda/Dylan, Kelly/Brandon and David/Donna so I can' really imagine why they gave to the BHfans this crappy finale

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Old 06-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not a fan either. I've started watching BH with reruns, I started watching from when Brenda was in Paris and Dylan was having the affair with Kelly, so I haven't really see Brenda and Dyaln together but I still loved them, I've stopped watching when Shannon left the show but I've been looking for info and I found out there was and eppy where it's revealed that Dyaln was with Brenda.. but I watched the finale years before because there was nothing else on tv and I already knew Dyalan was with Kelly at the end, and even if I had not watched not even an eppy before that, I just was disgusted by them being together..

anyway the BH fandom is for Drenda/Dylan, Kelly/Brandon and David/Donna so I can' really imagine why they gave to the BHfans this crappy finale
well, i agree with the two couples you listed, dylan and brenda and david and donna, those are my two favorite couples on the show but i kinda hated brandon and kelly. not so much, hated them but didn't care for them all that much. i hated brandon even though, he was a really good guy because of the way he wasn't that much of a brother to brenda and being overshadowed and favored by thier parents. Also, doubting her during the ray incident. and i of course, hated kelly for being a reformed, holier-than-thou, hypocritical, jealous, selfish, bitch and most of all breaking up Dylan and Brenda.

The reason, they ended Dylan with Kelly was because Shannen wouldn't come back for the finale or season 9. Spelling offered her, her old role back or charmed and she chose charmed and they were planning on doing a dylan and brenda storyline. so, it's a definite fact if brenda would've come back, dylan and brenda would've ended up together.

even, luke himself said that he preferred, dylan end up with brenda or alone riding off into the sunset since dylan was introduced as a loner.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartiergurl01
well, i agree with the two couples you listed, dylan and brenda and david and donna, those are my two favorite couples on the show but i kinda hated brandon and kelly. not so much, hated them but didn't care for them all that much. i hated brandon even though, he was a really good guy because of the way he wasn't that much of a brother to brenda and being overshadowed and favored by thier parents. Also, doubting her during the ray incident. and i of course, hated kelly for being a reformed, holier-than-thou, hypocritical, jealous, selfish, bitch and most of all breaking up Dylan and Brenda.
I don't like K/B either but there are a lot of fans out there that wanted Kelly with Brendon. Brendon wasn't bad, I just hated Kelly, everyone in love with her (man, women, vegetals..), I-am-perfect-kiss-my-feet, and the way she betrayed Brenda.. I just can't fogive things like that

Quote:
The reason, they ended Dylan with Kelly was because Shannen wouldn't come back for the finale or season 9. Spelling offered her, her old role back or charmed and she chose charmed and they were planning on doing a dylan and brenda storyline. so, it's a definite fact if brenda would've come back, dylan and brenda would've ended up together.

even, luke himself said that he preferred, dylan end up with brenda or alone riding off into the sunset since dylan was introduced as a loner.
Now I like Luke He was totally right.
Anyway even if Shannon wouldn't come back I can't still see the reason to end with Dylan/Kelly. It was stupid, after all the drama between Kelly/Brendon it really came out of nowhere

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't like K/B either but there are a lot of fans out there that wanted Kelly with Brendon. Brendon wasn't bad, I just hated Kelly, everyone in love with her (man, women, vegetals..), I-am-perfect-kiss-my-feet, and the way she betrayed Brenda.. I just can't fogive things like that

Now I like Luke He was totally right.
Anyway even if Shannon wouldn't come back I can't still see the reason to end with Dylan/Kelly. It was stupid, after all the drama between Kelly/Brendon it really came out of nowhere
yeah, i agree with u the total ending with dylan and kelly was stupid and totally wrong! hell, it was wrong from the beginning! but i can see why they did it, jason and shannen weren't coming back for the finale so unfortunately there couldn't be a badly wanted dylan and brenda reunion though, jason did come back via videotape. as much as i hate to admit it, the truth was all during 10th season there was this big buildup of dylan and kelly getting back together. so, i guess to the writers it was fitting that they ended them together. i mean, matt and kelly going off and following through on thier engagement just wouldn't have worked for them. so, they decided to end it with dylan and kelly. i mean, there were only five originals on the show and since those were the two who were left single, they decided to place them together, although, i totally hate what the writers did and totally think opposite of what they thought was fitting (certainly not dylan and kelly!) the whole ending made me want to again,
Old 06-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know I haven't posted on this thread. But Brenda/Dylan where my favorite couple on 90210. I was a child when it first came on but I remember watching it with my brother and B/D being my first couple I ever liked on a television show.

I hated when they put Dylan/Kelly together it still makes me cringe when I watch the old episodes on the soap channel. They were just so wrong on so many levels all they did was fight and have sex and they are suppose to be soulmates.

After Brenda left I watch on and off for like two years afterwards and then I stop watching all together. I didn't mind Kelly/Brendan atleast I could stomach them I couldn't stomach D/K.

hugs,
Denise
Old 06-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartiergurl01
when did steve mention it? i don't remember him ever really defending brenda, i always got the feeling he didn't like her too much. if there's anyone brenda didn't really have that much interaction with it would be steve.
I forget what episode it was, but Steve says to Kelly "Sneaking behind Brenda's back" in response to something Kelly did or said to him. He thought it was messed up. Donna tried not to take a side- in one episode she pointed out that they were both in the wrong. But it was the way they did it that was shady.

I think Brandon should have took Brenda's side more and not date Kelly. She does not deserve him.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers
I forget what episode it was, but Steve says to Kelly "Sneaking behind Brenda's back" in response to something Kelly did or said to him. He thought it was messed up. Donna tried not to take a side- in one episode she pointed out that they were both in the wrong. But it was the way they did it that was shady.

I think Brandon should have took Brenda's side more and not date Kelly. She does not deserve him.
can't agree with u more on that, as much as i didn't like brandon, i never thought kelly deserved him.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I so don't remember Steve saying that he was always really close to Kelly and not Brenda. All tho when Dylan & Kelly got together I felt that Steve really looked out for Brenda like when he was talking about the basket ball and the 10,000 he won he put his arm around Brenda and walked off with her telling the story and then in the graduation when they were all huddled on the mountain thing. Donna was with David, Kelly/Dylan, Andrea was alone and Brenda was leaning on Steve.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread