Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2017, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to double post but that jail scene with the tears and the trusting and the kissing was everything.

It seriously exceeded my expectations. I think he kissed whatever dreams she thought she had of being with Escalus right out of her head.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, it was a nice, emotional kiss. I just wish they didn't waste so much time with them and we could of seen more SMH.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They didn't really waste time, though. When this was filmed, they didn't know that they wouldn't have time to develop the story as far as they wanted to develop it.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well... it was as satisfying as they could give us in 7 episodes. "I trust you." was wonderful.

I was actually REALLY satisfied when Benvolio was "summoned" to Escalus and showed him what a real man is all about.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Krotch (View Post)
Well... it was as satisfying as they could give us in 7 episodes. "I trust you." was wonderful.

I was actually REALLY satisfied when Benvolio was "summoned" to Escalus and showed him what a real man is all about.
Me too. And the prince's change of heart was clearly not losing his shot with Rosaline than doing what was right.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The Prince was shown to be a puss most of the series and treated Rosaline horribly. So when he was shot with the arrow I didn't even mind. I still feel like they wasted time, the show moved SO SLOW at times (especially when it came to B/R) they wasted last week's episode, and appareantly this show had ten episodes but it was cut down to 7 which was news to me. They wasted time then cut into the show. I even remember a few things in the promos that weren't shown, like Ben holding Rosaline (like he caught her as she fell) and she was smiling up at him. I just hope another network picks this show up but I'm not holding my breath. They WANTED this show to fail smh.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 07-30-2017 at 03:27 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
The Prince was shown to be a puss most of the series and treated Rosaline horribly. So when he was shot with the arrow I didn't even mind. I still feel like they wasted time, the show moved SO SLOW at times (especially when it came to B/R) they wasted last week's episode, and appareantly this show had ten episodes but it was cut down to 7 which was news to me. They wasted time then cut into the show. I even remember a few things in the promos that weren't shown, like Ben holding Rosaline (like he caught her as she fell) and she was smiling up at him. I just hope another network picks this show up but I'm not holding my breath. They WANTED this show to fail smh.
I enjoyed the finale but I still want more! It is sad that they gave up on this show!
Old 07-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Now that the series is over (wah!!!) Could any of you who read the book, let us know how the book ends? Or is that too much of a spoiler?

I sure would like to know if the way it ended on the series is the way it started to end in the book. Do Ben & Ros get together? Does Escalus get in the way?

Since I can't find the book, I'm curious. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read the book yet but I do know how it ends.

Spoiler:

After I've read the book, I'll give more of a recap.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I even remember a few things in the promos that weren't shown, like Ben holding Rosaline (like he caught her as she fell) and she was smiling up at him.
About this scene, Lashana said yesterday on Twitter that they were fake flirting so the people watching would believe they were in love. It lasted like two seconds, but it was sweet.

They cut a lot of stuff, especially from the finale. I don't know if there were more Rosvolio, but for example they cut Juliet's ghost appearing to both her parents and Paris soffocating the nurse with a pillow before throwing her down the stairs.

Their scenes were everything, in this episode. THE JAIL SCENE. THE KISS. I really can't find the words to explain how amazing they are. In just seven episodes we went from "I hate you" to "I trust you".
Lashana also said on Twitter that Wade gave her the single tear in EVERY TAKE of that scene, including hers. And they had around TEN takes. Wade is such a terrific actor, their chemistry too was incredible.

I added the video of the jail scene and the gifs of the kiss to the first post, together with more reasons to ship them

Last edited by airali_glo; 08-01-2017 at 10:51 AM
airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Lashana also said on Twitter that Wade gave her the single tear in EVERY TAKE of that scene, including hers. And they had around TEN takes. Wade is such a terrific actor, their chemistry too was incredible.
Thanks so much for these tidbits. I don't want it to end! I'd love to see some of those deleted scenes... I wonder if this will come out on dvd... probably not... just hulu.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love when actors are totally there for their costars.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yes. That means Wade was so involved in the scene that he couldn't not cry every time they shot it, even when he wasn't in focus and the camera was on Lashana. It's something that every actor should do, obviously, but it can be difficult sometimes, I guess, especially with crying and tears in general - you can't shed tears if you're not feeling what you're acting. And I'm sure the single tear was Wade's feeling, I can't imagine written on the script like 'here you must cry'.

I really hope for the dvd too, for the cut scenes maybe they could arrange a gag reel video, it would be funny! Although I fear we won't have it, since ABC for example never released the Galavant DVDs (season 1 and 2), only the soundtrack.

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Fan

I really want to read the book now since we don't have the show anymore.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

classictvfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread