Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I still think that they did an amazing job with only seven episodes. The book is - first of all - a book, and has a lot more "space" to tell things slowly. I'm sure there are plenty of moments with them in it and it would have been awesome to see them all in the show, with a slow build up, but with seven episodes only...
We didn't have a gradual thing, but we did have a developement and a change between them, I can't see it as forced or rushed

The bathtub scene was priceless also he was happy to hear she thinks he's kind! My favorite scene, though, was at the abbey, when they're waiting for the Friar to wake up. HER LOOK AT HIM. And the "You won't have to marry/I wont have to marry", BEN'S SMILE

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*wah* There was not enough of them in this episode. I guess we were spoiled last week.

In the preview--

Spoiler:
Old 07-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know! Not enough of our couple!!! I guess they had to show what was happening in Verona and all the Count Paris stuff, but REALLY?!?

It broke my heart when Rosaline was forced to lie in front of Benvolio. What a terrible situation!!

We've only got one more episode. I just don't know how they've got the time to wrap it all up.

Rosaline & Benvolio have had such a hard fought "friendship"... Do you think they will be redeemed in the end?

I wish I could find this book! I've only been able to find it in Spanish on Amazon & Barnes & Noble. Ugh!!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Felt like a wasted episode to me. I understand showing what was going on in Verona but they didn't have to show that the entire episode and we don't really Ben and Ros till the end I fking hate Paris and Lady Capulet, her daughter would be so proud of her. I don't see how they are going to wrap everything up I hope Ben and Rosaline at least KISS, good lord.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Felt like a wasted episode to me. I understand showing what was going on in Verona but they didn't have to show that the entire episode and we don't really Ben and Ros till the end I fking hate Paris and Lady Capulet, her daughter would be so proud of her. I don't see how they are going to wrap everything up I hope Ben and Rosaline at least KISS, good lord.
I know right! They could have explained all that in two scenes or as flashbacks at the most than the end wouldn't have been so rushed!

I found the book on amazon but it received mixed reviews.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have the book from the library but I'm not sure if I want to read it before the finale airs or not. Plus I have another book that is due sooner.

But if you're in the US, you can try a library. If they don't have it they may be able to borrow it from another library. (Ask for interlibrary loan)
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
*wah* There was not enough of them in this episode. I guess we were spoiled last week.

In the preview--

Spoiler:
Yeah, we had so much stuff in the previous episode! remember that the two episodes were edited, a lot of the ep 5 stuff was supposed to be in 6 (like the inn scene), but can you imagine it mixed with all the Paris stuff and the cathedral too? It would have been a mess - although this way the sixth episode eneded up being a little slow and full of the cathedral plot that wasn't that interesting, imho. Quite useless drama, but I guess it was one of the extra book plots they introduced in the first two episodes, thinking they had more time and that they couldn't simply drop at this point.
Spoiler:

The "betrayal" scene is so heartbreaking. Benvolio doesn't know that she was blackmailed and I can't even look at gifs of that moment.

I ordered the book on Amazon France, it's the cheapest I've found (around 50 euros, it's like 35/44 pounds or 55 dollars, more or less). I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't even re-watch the show, the betrayal scene was just too much for my little heart.

Another 7 days... I sure hope there is more of them in the last episode.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Worst nightmare = Benovlio free and safe but Rosaline accepts Escalus proposal

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Leelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Hopefully that won't happen! Don't make me even think about it!

The waiting is killing meeeeeeeeeeeee, Rosvolio deserve to be happy together, I want to see Ben smile

Old 07-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Well, they have already cheated us when it comes to this couple so if they do that it's just the middle finger cherry on top of this disappointing series.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Right. As a cliffhanger. That's what I'm worried about as well.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Absolute Fan

And up till now Rosalines always fell for Escalus' capricious decisions.. I hope if these past episodes have shown her anything it's that she should respect herself. Running back to Escalus just b/c he's ready now would be the opposite of that...

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Leelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Well, they have already cheated us when it comes to this couple so if they do that it's just the middle finger cherry on top of this disappointing series.
I still don't find it disappointing, but it seems I'm the only one left, here

Rosaline is too intelligent for marry or even just come back to a man that says that Benvolio's death is what the city's needs! The death of an innocent man!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm here and I don't find it disappointing either. Nor will I find a cliffhanger as some kind of offense since it is a TV show and they were writing in hope for another season.