Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Absolute Fan

you might be right. and they'll probably go there. but I don't see how at the moment. How will Matt come between TC? In my opinion Matt still loves Elena. Why would he go back to Caroline when he can't have a future with her and doesn't even love her that much?

Unless Caroline chooses him over Tyler...

Matt wants to have his Elena back.
Caroline Matt. Tyler Caroline. Thing3 Tyler.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Wait you think they'll actually do romantic SC? Maybe if they killed off both Matt and Tyler. And even then, it would be ridiculous because Caroline again will have to live in the shadow of Elena. I don't see the point. They're better off as friends.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I think we'll be surprised, pleasantly surprised with TCM. At least, I am hoping.

To build up this amazing TC storyline just to have Caroline go back to Matt would be all for naught, and I don't think they'll go there. I just don't.

I'll be putting up a new thing on Tumblr soon about the epicness of TC. Look for it.

But yes. What I think is that Tyler and Caroline will get close, very close, but their parents wanting them apart will create tension, perhaps Liz tries to bring Matt back into the fold, and he realizes what a mistake he made giving up on his relationship with Caroline, but Caroline turns him down.

Look, it's not the best scenario out there, and if it were up to me, I'd get rid of Matt completely, but this is what I'd want to see if we must have him involved.

It would show that Caroline has evolved and no longer needs Matt. Again, I don't want it to come off as the only reason Caroline is with Tyler is because Matt is not an option. However, if Matt is an option and Caroline has the epiphany that no matter what she does, Matt and her are just not good for each other and Tyler knows her in a way that Matt never could or will, and that he treats her 100 times better than Matt, I'd be happy with that outcome.

I know JP and KW are the EP's but all the writers can't just be MC or Matt fans/stans. Plus, JP/KW aren't the be all end all. I think the network is highly aware of how well TC has done with the fans. I'm keeping all of these things in mind and trying to outweigh the bad. And really, the mentions of Matt/MC have been few, and while I'd rather them be none, it could be worse. He's not mentioned in every article.

And frankly, the one with JP and comic con sounded more like an after thought, a "Hey, remember, Matt's still sort of there."

I hope I'm not wrong. If I am, goodbye VD.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
What I think is that Tyler and Caroline will get close, very close, but their parents wanting them apart will create tension, perhaps Liz tries to bring Matt back into the fold, and he realizes what a mistake he made giving up on his relationship with Caroline, but Caroline turns him down.
Hopefully this is the scenario, if it's any more than that...then goodbye VD for me too!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think I'll wait and see. Like I said also, it's sometimes worse reading it in words than seeing it on the screen. I've had so many times where I've read spoilers and I'm expecting the worse (yes, pessimism, glass for one) and I see it on screen, and I'm like, hey, it wasn't that bad.

That's all we can do, right?
Old 08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

You're right. It really is all we can do.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys! No new spoilers? Oh well! I was remembering today how Kevin Williamson said in an interview how Jenna basically died because he didn't know where to go with her character. This gives me hope that they'll kill Matt off for the same reason after this season lol.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackayfire (View Post)
Hey guys! No new spoilers? Oh well! I was remembering today how Kevin Williamson said in an interview how Jenna basically died because he didn't know where to go with her character. This gives me hope that they'll kill Matt off for the same reason after this season lol.
I'm sorry but that made me laugh!!

I know I've said this before but I truly think worrying about small comments such as KW's takes away your enjoyment of the show. I know sometimes it's hard not to worry, especially during the crappy hiatus but I think it's best just to sit back and enjoy the ride. Like you guys have said we won't know how it all plays out until we actually see it. Most of the time it sounds worse when you read it and then it plays out on the screen and you're kind of like 'oh that's kind of alright'

I think small spoilers like that can get the best of you. BUT you have to remember the positives far outweigh the negatives. If something like that comes out again just think of all the TC stuff that we have got along the way. I think we need to remember that one Matt mention shouldn't cross out ALL the TC stuff we have got. Where there is one Matt mention there will always be 10 TC mentions.

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

^ I agree. We just have to keep reminding ourselves of that.

Elsa, I know you're sleeping, but I love that LC gif.

She must have been talking about Spencer or something.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensgirl (View Post)
I'm sorry but that made me laugh!!

I think small spoilers like that can get the best of you. BUT you have to remember the positives far outweigh the negatives. If something like that comes out again just think of all the TC stuff that we have got along the way. I think we need to remember that one Matt mention shouldn't cross out ALL the TC stuff we have got. Where there is one Matt mention there will always be 10 TC mentions.

You are absolutely right, we have a lot of TC goodness up until this point. I just have to keep reminding myself to chill out! I've just never put so much investment into a ship before it's always a bit risky. I'm sure I'll be laughing at how worked up I got in a few months when I pass out from TC kissing and such
Old 08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly

Diana
Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yes. Just because Matt may want Caroline back, doesn't mean she'll want him back. There were annoying couples I never thought would split that did, and never got back together. So, here's to hoping that will happen here.

It is difficult because I am very invested in this show, but I personally think TC are destined and Matt/Caroline were just a very obnoxious, rude, loud, painful bump in the road.

I guess sometimes you just go by history and being let down, but I've had it both ways. I've had ships work out and ships not work out.

I guess we'll have to see.

Sigh, promos!! Where are you? Episode descriptions? Are you there?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I've been very scarred when it comes to shipping...so I'm honestly very scared. I didn't want to fall for them because I can't take being let down another time...but I really thought I was pretty safe this time. But now I'm very concerned they're going to ruin Tyler/TC to prop Matt and MC all because the latter came "first" and because JP stans Matt. It would be SUCH a disappointment considering what potential and chemistry and fanbase they have with TC. Would be very sad if they ruined them for the sake of their precious Matt.

So, if that's the case...I really wish they would just tell me now, so I can save myself the heartache.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yes. Just because Matt may want Caroline back, doesn't mean she'll want him back.
yeah i agree. i was really suprised they were gonna bring matt back into this. they've broken up how many times now? it's getting old. the only reason i can see them bringing him back into is that maybe he decides he can handle her being a vampire only she now has feelings for tyler and she chooses him over tyler. at least that's how i think it could play out.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread